UOB JCB Card Review
Earn up to 6% in rebates when you spend at your favourite Japanese merchants.
Targeted at fans of all things Nippon, the UOB JCB Card comes with a myriad of Japan-focused benefits. Earn up to a 6% rebate when you spend at popular Japanese merchants such as Takashimaya Shopping Centre, Don Don Donki, Isetan, UNIQLO and Kuriya Japanese Market. If you’re travelling to Japan, you also stand to benefit from various travel perks ranging from free airport lounge access, discounted airport bus tickets and 5% savings at Japan’s major drugstores.
Compare the features and fees of the card to determine if it is right for you.
Benefits of using the UOB JCB Card
Cardholders can look forward to a number of Japan-focused benefits:
- Up to a 6% rebate at popular Japanese merchants. Enjoy up to a 6% SMART$ rebate at Takashimaya Shopping Centre, Don Don Donki, Isetan, Meidi-Ya, Tokyu Hands, UNIQLO, Ichiban Boshi, Ichiban Sushi, Kuriya Dining, Kuriya Japanese Market and All Nippon Airways with a S$300 minimum spend per calendar month. You can get a 3% SMART$ rebate when spending less than S$300 per calendar month.
- 5% rebate on all spend made in Japanese yen. Receive a 5% rebate on all eligible transactions in Japanese yen. Take note that the maximum cap on the amount of rebate awarded from the accelerated earn rate is capped at S$50 per calendar month.
- 1% rebate on all other spends. Earn a 0.3% basic SMART$ rebate plus an accelerated 0.7% SMART$ (subject to a maximum rebate cap of S$50 per calendar month) rebate on all other eligible transactions with no minimum spend required.
- One-year fee waiver. This card comes with a first-year annual fee waiver and costs S$64.20 p.a. for subsequent years.
- Complimentary supplementary card. Extend the privileges of the UOB JCB Card to your loved ones with supplementary card(s). The first supplementary card is free, but extra cards will cost S$32.10 p.a. each.
Features of the UOB JCB Card
In addition to bonus rebates, you can also take advantage of competitive features such as the following:
- Japan travel privileges. For frequent travellers to Japan, the UOB JCB card offers a wide array of travel perks, such as the following:
- Complimentary airport lounge access. Relax at JCB Platinum Airport Lounge in Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, United Kingdom and more for up to four times a year.
- 10% off LUGGAGE-FREE TRAVEL. Tour Japan immediately after you land without having to worry about your luggage. This card offers a 10% discount on LUGGAGE-FREE TRAVEL service, which will ensure that your luggage is delivered to your hotel directly from the airport.
- Up to 20% off Airport Limousine Bus tickets. Enjoy hassle-free transfers from various airports in Japan to downtown with discounted Airport Bus tickets.
- 10% off Kansai Rail Pass. Save on your tourist rail pass with 10% off when you pay with JCB as well as other sightseeing offers.
- 5% off Japan’s major drugstores. Knock up to 5% off popular supplements, health products, cosmetics, skincare, hair care and more at the major drugstores in Japan, such as Matsumoto Kiyoshi, Satudora, Sundrug and Tsuruha Drug. However, you’ll need to spend at least 30,000 yen on your card to qualify for this rebate offer.
- Up to 10% SMART$ rebate. Earn up to a 10% SMART$ rebate at over 300 participating merchants island-wide and offset your next purchase instantly. Every 1 SMART$ you earned under the UOB SMART$ rebate programme is equivalent to S$1.
- JCB special offers. Indulge in a myriad of privileges from JCB from dining to retail therapy at partner establishments in Singapore and over 20 countries.
Note that the validity for various JCB offers and privileges are accurate at the time of writing (12 February 2020) and are subject to change. Please refer to the JCB website for more details regarding the perks you’re entitled to.
How to apply for the UOB JCB Card
For existing UOB account holders, you can apply directly through Internet banking and get instant approval if you apply using MyInfo and submit it between 7am to 8pm. Alternatively, you can also initiate the application by sending an SMS. If you don’t have a UOB bank account but are a SingPass holder, you can submit an application by clicking on “Apply & Pay within minutes”. This fast, simple and secure application process will speed up the process by retrieving your personal details and income information directly from MyInfo.
Before applying, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and organise the necessary information:
- Earn at least S$30,000 p.a. if you’re a Singaporean or permanent resident.
- Earn at least S$30,000 (Japanese) or S$40,000 (others) if you’re a foreigner
- Fixed deposit collateral of at least S$10,000 if you don’t meet the income requirements
- Have a good credit rating
- Be at least 21 years of age or older
Frequently asked questions
If you travel to Japan frequently or are a fan of Japanese goods, the UOB JCB Card offers some of the best cost-saving perks. Rebates aside, the card also comes with many travel privileges such as free city tours, dining, complimentary airport lounge access, dining and shopping offers. However, make sure to compare it with similar offerings before applying.Back to top