UOB Delight Debit Card
Earn a range of rewards as you spend. Plus, enjoy hassle-free day-to-day spending.
The UOB Delight Debit Card is a rewards debit card with offers including free grocery delivery and up to 10% off as you spend at some leading retail brands. Cardholders can also enjoy either benefits such as contactless payments and free delivery on groceries at some Giant Hyper stores.
Read on to find out if the UOB Delight Debit Card can meet your shopping and other spending needs.
James Martin is a senior writer at Finder. He has written on a range of finance and business topics for over five years and his work has been featured in publications including The Irish Times, Companies 100, In Business and Q Magazine (UK). As a trained journalist, James can drill into the finer details of financial products to help you save time and money. In his spare time, James is a committed sports fan, novel reader and Thai food enthusiast.
There’s an annual fee of S$21.40 to pay with this debit card. While this is a few dollars more than other UOB debit cards on the market, this fee is waived in your first year. In future years, you just need to spend a minimum of S$2,400 per annum to enjoy further waivers. In addition to the range of rewards offered by this card, you’ll be able to use it just like any other debit card. You can pay your salary into your account, make fast payments, set up direct debits and more.
Key Features of the UOB Delight Debit Card
- Shopping discounts. Save 10% on your next purchase on house brands at Cold Storage, Giant and Guardian. These discount aren’t available for online transactions or items which are already on promotion.
- Free delivery of groceries. This benefit is available on groceries from certain Giant Hyper stores. Keep in mind there’s a minimum spend of S$150 per delivery to your home.
- Contactless payments. This card enables fast and easy payments with Visa payWave. You simply wave your card in front of a secure reader when making a purchase under S$100.
- Apple Pay. Use Apple Pay to make contactless purchases in-store without the need to use your physical debit card.
- Dining privileges. You can enjoy over 1,000 dining and entertainment benefits, including 100 buffet specials.
- Minimum age. You need to be at least 16 years of age.
- Income requirements. There’s no minimum required income with this debit card.
- UOB customers only. You have to hold either a UOB Savings Account or a Current Account to get this card.
section_heading heading=”How to apply for the UOB Delight Debit Card” icon_name=”illustrative-chat”]There are two ways to apply for a debit card with UOB:
- By visiting any UOB Group Branch in Singapore during banking hours.
- By downloading a copy of the application form on UOB’s website, and mailing the completed form to: UOB Card Centre Robinson Road, P.O. Box 1688, Singapore 903338.
You have to submit a photocopy of your passport with at least six months’ validity, or a valid National Registration Identity Card (NRIC).
Compare a range of debit cards in Singapore
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.