UOB Delight Credit Card Card Review
Earn bonus rebates on groceries, contactless transactions and recurring bills with this card.
UOB Delight Credit Card offers both value and savings through its elevated rebates and first-year annual fee waiver. Earn up to 8% rebate when you shop at Cold Storage, Market Place, Jasons, Giant and Guardian, up to 3% on contactless payments, Singapore Power and recurring bills, and 0.3% rebate on all other transactions. In addition, the card also offers a 10% discount off house brands products from the Delight Card Merchants.
Compare the features and fees of the card to determine if it is right for you.
S$0 annual fee for 1 year - S$85.60 thereafter
Effective Interest Rate
Min Income - Singaporean and PR
|Product Name||UOB Delight Credit Card|
|Reward||Up to 8% rebate at Cold Storage, Market Place, Jasons, Giant and Guardian.|
|Effective Interest Rate||26.9%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of current balance or S$50, whichever is higher, plus any overdue amounts|
Zyane Tan is an associate editor at Finder. An experienced copywriter and content creator, Zyane enjoys writing on a wide array of subjects. When she’s not busy typing away, she’s reading and musing over a pint.
The annual card fee at $85.60 is pretty low compared to other credit cards in the market. If the cardholder uses the card to pay for essentials every month, the amount of savings per year could easily cover the annual card fee.
Read on to find out the main features of the UOB Delight Credit Card, including how to apply for this card.
Benefits of using the UOB Delight Credit Card
The UOB Delight Credit Card offers cardholders a number of benefits:
- Up to 8% rebate at Cold Storage, Market Place, Jasons, Giant and Guardian. Enjoy 8% SMART$ rebate at these Delight Card merchants with S$800 minimum spend, or 3% SMART$ rebate with S$400 minimum spend for all transactions charged to your UOB Delight Card.
- 10% off house brands. Save on selected groceries and health and beauty products from Cold Storage’s, Giant’s and Guardian’s house brands with a 10% discount.
- Up to 3% rebate from contactless transaction, Singapore Power and recurring bills. Generate 3% SMART$ rebate on transactions made on all Visa payWave purchases (UOB Mighty Pay, Apply Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay), Singapore Power and select recurring bills for telcos, Prudential Insurance and United Overseas Insurance (UOI), Town Councils and SPH newspapers with a minimum spend of S$400 per month.
- 0.3% rebate on all other transactions. Earn 0.3% SMART$ rebate on all other eligible transactions with no minimum spend required. There’s also no cap on the total amount of SMART$ you can accrue from this basic tier.
- Instant cash rebate redemption. Every 1 SMART$ you earned under the UOB SMART$ rebate programme is equivalent to S$1. With the accumulated SMART$, you can use them to offset your next purchase instantly at any of the 300 participating merchants in Singapore. SMART$ is only valid for 6 months from its date of issuance, or on the expiry date of the UOB Card, whichever is earlier. So make sure to redeem them before they expire.
- One year fee waiver. Benefit from an annual fee waiver in the first year. After that, the card charges a standard annual fee of S$85.60.
- Complimentary supplementary card. You can also apply for your first supplementary card for free, but subsequent cards will cost S$53.50 p.a. each.
Features of the UOB Delight Credit Card
In addition to bonus rebates, you can also take advantage of competitive features such as:
- Dining perks. Indulge in special 1-for-1 deals, limited dining offers and complimentary club entry from over 1,000 dining and entertainment establishments islandwide.
- Travel privileges. Enjoy up to 75% off hotel stays worldwide and more attractive travel deals all year round.
- Fuel discounts. Save up to 20% off petrol at SPC and 13.6% off at Shell.
How to apply for the UOB Delight Credit Card
Existing UOB account holders can apply directly through Internet banking, with instant approval for applications using MyInfo that are submitted between 7am and 8pm. Principal credit card customers can also start an application by sending an SMS. If you don’t have a UOB bank account but are a SingPass holder, you can submit an application on ‘Apply & Pay within minutes’. This fast, simple and secure application process will speed up the process by retrieving your personal details and income information directly from MyInfo.
Before applying, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and organise the necessary information:
- Earn at least S$30,000 p.a. if you’re a Singaporean or permanent resident, or $40,000 if you’re a foreigner
- Fixed deposit collateral of at least S$10,000 if you don’t meet the income requirements
- Have a good credit rating
- Be at least 21 years of age