Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
What you should know before travelling to Spain from Singapore during COVID-19
The latest on quarantine status, COVID-19 vaccine and test requirements and local restrictions for Singaporeans travelling to Spain.
In this guide, you’ll find out the details of travelling from Singapore to Spain and what’s open as well as permit, quarantine and COVID-19 testing requirements.
Can I travel from Singapore to Spain?Spain is currently open to all visitors from Singapore, including Spanish citizens, permanent residents and tourists. Singaporean travellers can also expect a digital health certificate scheme to be introduced by the Spanish government in June 2021 which requires you to be either fully vaccinated, have a negative COVID-19 test result or hold proof you've recovered from the virus.
Singaporean travellers are able to visit Spain quarantine-free unless you’re arriving from one of the following countries where a 10-day quarantine period is required:
- South Africa
- Union of Comoros
Latest information for Spain
|Number of cases in past 7 days||Border status||Vaccine required?|
COVID-19 statistics in Spain vs Singapore
New COVID-19 Deaths
Total Population Vaccinated for COVID-19 (%)
Getting to Spain and travelling around once there
Which entry points in Spain are open to travellers from Singapore?Spain has multiple points of entry, and the following are accepting international travellers from Singapore:
- Open Borders: All, excluding Portugal
- Open Airports: All
As a traveller from Singapore, can I travel anywhere once I'm in Spain?Yes, once in Spain, Singaporeans are free to travel anywhere.
What's open in Spain?
Spain is slowly but surely opening up its major sightseeing attractions for locals and Singaporean tourists alike.
Major tourist attractions that are open:
- La Sagrada Familia: Temporarily closed
- Park Guell: Open
- Alhambra: Open
- Casa Mila: Open
- La Rambla: Open
- Royal Alcazar of Seville: Open
- Museo Nacional del Prado: Open
- Walking trails, parks and beaches: Tourists from Singapore are able to visit Spain's national parks, including: Sierra Nevada National Park, Timanfaya National Park, Teide National Park and Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park. The beaches in Spain are open for Singaporeans and locals to enjoy. Some shores that are recommended for people from Singapore include: Playa de Gandia, Playa de L'Ahuir, Playa de Monsul, Playa de Bolonia, Playa de Rompeculos, Playa de sa Boadella and Playa de Ondarreta. All Singaporean visitors must wear a mask when arriving, leaving and walking around the beach – shower and toilet facilities may be closed.
- Shopping centres and stores: Shopping centres and retail outlets are open for travellers from Singapore to visit but a face mask must be worn at all times.
- Puerto Marina Shopping: Open
- Centro Comercial Principe Pio:Open
- Banus Marina Mall: Open
- Moda Shopping: Open
- Aguilas Plaza Shopping Centre: Open
- Restaurants, cafes and bars: Restaurants and cafes are open for business to Singaporean travellers; however, local COVID-19 rules require a mask to be worn at all times unless you are eating or drinking. The government asks tourists from Singapore to book a table ahead of time as venues are running at a smaller capacity – one table can host up to four diners and six are allowed outside of Andalusia.
Can I cruise to or around Spain?At this point in time, Singaporeans cannot cruise to Spain.
What are the entry requirements for Spain coming from Singapore?
Do I need a permit to enter Spain?Yes, all travellers from Singapore need to complete the Spain Travel Health Form – the only exception to filling out this form is for travellers who are transiting through Spain to another destination without leaving the airport (transit must be less than 24 hours).
Do I need proof I've had a vaccine to travel?Currently, Singaporean travellers don’t need to show proof of a vaccination to enter Spain.
Do I need proof I've had a negative test before departing Spain?No, only Singaporean travellers who are arriving from the following countries have to provide an Active Infection Diagnostic Test (AIDT).
- Denmark (excluding Greenland)
- The Netherlands
- Norway (excluding Nordland and Troms og Finnmark areas)
- South Africa
- Union of Comoros
Do I need to quarantine when I arrive in Spain?No, Singaporean travellers don't need to quarantine in Spain unless you're arriving from one of the following countries:
- South Africa
- Union of Comoros
Frequently asked questions about travelling from Singapore to Spain:
Current travel deals to SpainWhether or not now is the right time to travel to Spain, these deals are ready to go as soon as you are. Many companies are offering flexible travel options to Spain or are discounting future travel, so it's a great time to bag a bargain.
Worldwide flights from $103 return
Available on select flight dates in 2021 to Thailand, Hong Kong, Japan, Maldives, Greece, United Kingdom, Spain, Canada, USA, Australia, Fiji, Ireland and more. Sample fare is Singapore-Jakarta with AirAsia.
Up to 12.5% off + flexible changes on worldwide trips
Available on select trips in 2021 and 2022 to Britain, Barcelona, Paris, Croatia, Caribbean and more. T&Cs apply.
Free single supplements on select tours
Available for travel on select dates in May 2020. Destinations include Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Morocco and more. T&Cs apply
More guides on Finder
What are Singapore’s blue chip shares?
What are Singapore’s top chip stocks and should you invest in them?
What to know about travelling to Thailand from Singapore during COVID-19
The rules and regulations for travelling to Thailand right now.
What you should know about travelling to the Netherlands from Singapore during COVID-19
This is what you should know about travelling to the Netherlands from Singapore.
What you should know about travelling to South Africa from Singapore during COVID-19
Here’s what you need to know about travelling to South Africa from Singapore.
What you need to know before travelling to Mexico from Singapore during COVID-19
Here’s what you need to know when travelling to Mexico from Singapore.
How to buy The Honest Company (HNST) shares from Singapore
Here’s everything we know so far about The Honest Company IPO and how to buy in from Singapore.
What you need to know before travelling to the USA from Singapore during COVID-19
This is what you need to know about travelling to the USA from Singapore.
What to know about travelling to India from Singapore during COVID-19
Here’s what you need to know about travelling to India from Singapore.
What to know about travelling from Singapore to Greece during COVID-19
Find out what you need to know about heading to Greece from Singapore.
What you need to know about travelling to New Zealand from Singapore during COVID-19
Who can travel, the quarantine and immunisation rules and everything else you need to travel to New Zealand from Singapore.