Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card Review
Maximise your cashback rewards with the Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card, featuring an uncapped cashback on your credit card transactions.
S$0 annual fee for 2 years - S$192.60 thereafter
Effective Interest Rate
Min Income - Singaporean and PR
|Product Name||Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card|
|Reward||Shopping, travel and lifestyle offers at over 3,000 outlets in Asia|
|Effective Interest Rate||26.9%|
|Interest Free Period||Applicable if you choose to make full payment|
|Maximum Credit Limit||up to S$250,000|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||The higher of S$50 or 1%.|
Benefits of the Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card
- Easy-to-manage cashback. You get 1.5% cashback on all of your credit card spend, no matter how often you use your card or what you pay for. This is a straight-forward way to get something back on your everyday credit card use. Additionally, get 1% cashback on your approved Funds Transfer Amount.
- Sign-up offer. Receive up to S$200 cashback when you apply and make one eligible transaction. T&Cs apply. Ends 31 Jul 2021.
- The Good Life offers and privileges. A Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card entitles you to a wide range of benefits and discounts, including discounts on your dining bill, gift vouchers when you book qualifying hotel stays and even discounts on wine subscriptions.
- 1-for-1 Privileges. Enjoy 1-for-1 offers at a number of specially selected restaurants and bars across Singapore.
- Preferred Credit Limit. You can indicate a preferred credit limit. Generally, credit limit can go up to 4X your monthly income if your annual income range is between S$30,000 to S$119,999, and can be stretched up to 8X your monthly income if your annual income is S$120,000 and above. Credit limit is subject to a cap of up to S$250,000.
- Caltex 2021 Promotion. Up to 24% petrol savings at Caltex stations. T&Cs apply. Valid till 31 Dec 2021.
Features of the Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card
These are some of the other important features of the Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card.
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of S$192.60 and waivable in the first 2 years.
- EasyPay. Valid for retail purchases over S$500, EasyPay allows you to convert a transaction into an interest-free repayment plan across 6 or 12 months in exchange for a one-off service fee of 5%.
- Funds transfer. You can transfer funds from your credit card to your bank account and repay at 0% interest. Minimum S$1,000 transfer for a loan tenure of 3-12 months, including a 0.7 – 4.5% one-time processing fee.
- Contactless and mobile payments. Your card is compatible with Google Pay, Apple Pay, Tap & Go with Mastercard® and Samsung Pay, which makes paying at a merchant as simple as tapping your phone on the card reader.
- Cashback for supplementary cardholders. The full 1.5% cashback benefits also apply to any supplementary cardholders you add to your account.
It’s easy to get 1.5% back on all your spending with this card, however, it is encouraged to compare other cashback cards on offer to weigh in the rewards most beneficial to you.
You will need to meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- Be between 21 and 65 years of age when applying
- Have a minimum income of S$30,000 p.a. for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Have a minimum income of S$60,000 p.a. if you’re a foreigner
- Be a resident of Singapore
- Singapore ID card or passport
- Copy of employment pass if you’re a foreigner
- Proof of income, such as a payslip or a Tax Notice of Assessment
- Commission earners require three months of income evidence
Standard Chartered has made it easy to earn a decent cashback rate on every dollar you spend since there are no caps on the cashback you can earn. You’ll also avoid tricky minimum spending requirements and reap the full cashback rewards from the first day you open your account. Cashback is credited to your statement in the following month, so there’s no need to redeem your earnings for coupons or credits.
Additionally, the Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card comes with several changing benefits and offers. These have included 1-for-1 dining offers at participating restaurants with The Good Life®, and discounts from selected merchants, such as savings of up to 22.61% on fuel at Caltex.