Standard Chartered Rewards+ Credit Card Review
Earn up to 10x rewards points with every dollar spent on foreign currency and enjoy an annual fee waiver for 2 years.
A rewards card with a host of attractive lifestyle benefits, the Standard Chartered Rewards+ Credit Card is designed to help frequent travellers, online shoppers and diners to reap the most rewards for their purchases.
Use this guide to compare the features and fees of the Standard Chartered Rewards Card, to see if it’s the right choice for you.
$0 annual fee for 2 years - $192.60 thereafter
Effective Interest Rate
Min Income - Singaporean and PR
|Product Name||Standard Chartered Rewards+ Credit Card|
|Reward||Up to 10X rewards points for every S$1 spent in foreign currency on |
overseas retail, dining and travel
|Effective Interest Rate||26.9%|
|Interest Free Period||Applicable if you choose to make full payment|
|Maximum Credit Limit||Up to $250,000|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||The higher of $50 or 1%.|
Benefits of using the Standard Chartered Rewards+ Credit Card
Here are some of the features you can expect with the Standard Chartered Rewards+ Credit Card:
- Sign-up offer. Receive up to $220 cashback and 3-month Disney+ subscription when you spend $200. T&Cs apply.
- 10x rewards on overseas spend. The main draw of this card is that it offers up to 10x rewards points per S$1 spent overseas on dining, retail shopping and travel transactions. No minimum spend is required for the program. Online transactions in foreign currencies are also eligible for 10x rewards. However, note that the bonus rewards are capped at 20,000 points per year. Once the cap is reached you’ll earn 1 point per S$1 for all transactions.
- 5x rewards for local dining. Earn up to 5x rewards points for every S$1 spent on local dining transactions, excluding hotel dining. No minimum spend required but note that the 20,000 bonus rewards cap applies.
- Caltex Promotion. Up to 16% petrol savings at Caltex stations. T&Cs apply. Valid till 31 Dec 2022.
Features of the Standard Chartered Rewards+ Credit Card
Some of the main features of this card are:
- Annual fee. The annual fee for this card is $192.60 and it’s waived for the first 2 years.
- 0% interest instalment plan. Standard Chartered offers 0% interest instalment plan and flexible repayment terms up to 24 months, helping you to pay less on the overall cost of your borrowing and take charge of your finances.
- Complimentary travel medical insurance. Charge your full travel fare to your card and have peace of mind when you’re abroad with Complimentary travel insurance up to S$500,000.
- The Good Life® privileges. Access a wide array of perks when you shop or dine at Standard Chartered’s participating merchants, from instant discounts to cash rebates and 1-for-1 offers to free vouchers.
- Fraud protection. Standard Chartered’s CardSafe Guarantee provides protection from unauthorised charges when you shop online.
- Eligible for mobile payments. You can also link your card with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay to make fast and secure payments with your smartphone.
- Contactless payment. This card also comes equipped with Visa payWave technology, which lets you tap your credit card against a contactless terminal to pay for purchases under S$100.
How to apply for the Standard Chartered Rewards+ Credit CardBefore you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Earn at least $30,000 p.a. if you’re a Singaporean or permanent resident, or $60,000 if you’re a foreigner.
- Have a good credit rating.
- Be at least 21 years old, but not older than 65 years of age.
- Foreigners must be holders of P1, P2 or Q type Singapore employment passes.
- Foreigners with Q pass must have at least one year validity left on their passes.
Keep the following documents and details on hand to help speed up your application process.
For salaried borrowers
- Photocopy of your NRIC (front and back), passport or employment pass
- Latest computerised payslip, or
- Last six months of CPF statements, or
- Latest income tax notice of assessment and latest computerised payslip or last six months of CPF statements
For self-employed borrowers
- Photocopy of your NRIC (front and back) or passport
- Latest income tax notice of assessment (business must be operational for at least two years)
For commission earners
- Last three months of payslips and latest income tax notice of assessment
- Last six months of CPF statements
- Last three months of payslips
- Latest income tax notice of assessment (for 100% commission earner)
Earning accelerated rewards points on overseas spending and local dining with the Standard Chartered Rewards+ Credit Card is definitely a feature to consider. However, this isn’t the only card of its kind on the market, so make sure you compare a range of other rewards cards to find one that suits your lifestyle.