Standard Chartered Platinum Visa Credit Card Review
Earn reward points on every $1 spent and enjoy Visa platinum privileges across 3,000 locations in Asia with the Standard Chartered Platinum Visa Credit Card.
The Standard Chartered Platinum Credit Card is a rewards card that earns you points on all eligible expenses. These reward points can be used to redeem for a wide variety of dining, shopping and travel privileges in the form of vouchers, miles or even cash.
Compare the features and fees of the Standard Chartered Platinum Credit Card, to help determine if it’s right for you.
$0 annual fee for 2 years - $192.60 thereafter
Effective Interest Rate
Min Income - Singaporean and PR
|Product Name||Standard Chartered Platinum Visa Credit Card|
|Reward||Earn 1 Rewards point for every S$1 charged to your card|
|Effective Interest Rate||26.9%|
|Interest Free Period||Applicable if you choose to make full payment|
|Maximum Credit Limit||Up to $250,000|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||The higher of $50 or 1%|
Benefits of the Standard Chartered Platinum Visa Credit Card
- Sign-up offer. Receive up to $220 cashback when you spend $200. T&Cs apply.
- 360° Rewards. Earn 1 point for every dollar charged for eligible spend. What’s more, if you sign up for the Xtrasaver Current Account you’ll be able to maximise your reward earn rate with 2X reward points – as long as you meet the $1,000 minimum monthly spend.
- The Good Life offers and privileges. All Standard Chartered credit and debit cardholders are entitled to a wide array of perks and discounts, including dining discounts, gift vouchers at retail stores, promo codes for online shopping and cashback when you book qualifying hotel stays.
- Visa Platinum perks. Enjoy exclusive privileges from leading hotels, restaurants, golf courses and merchants worldwide. Selected cardholders may also access 24-hour concierge to help with travel arrangements, dinner reservations, ticket purchases and more.
- Caltex Promotion. Up to 16% petrol savings at Caltex stations. T&Cs apply. Valid till 31 Dec 2022
Features of the Standard Chartered Platinum Visa Credit Card
The Standard Chartered Platinum Visa Credit Card provides the following key features:
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $192.60 but is waived for the first two years. Supplementary cards are free for life.
- EasyPay. For retail purchases over $150, you can utilise EasyPay to convert the transaction into an interest-free repayment plan across 3 or 12 months, with a one-time service fee of 0.1%.
- Funds transfer. You can transfer funds from your credit card to your bank account in as fast as 15 minutes and repay at 0% interest. Minimum $1,000 transfer for a loan tenure of 3-12 months, including a 0.7 – 4.5% one-time processing fee.
- SC EasyBill. Earn cashback, reward points and bonus interest when you settle your IRAS, education, insurance and rental bills with SC EasyBill payment programme.
- Contactless and mobile payments. Your card is compatible with Google Pay, Apple Pay, Tap & Go with Mastercard and Samsung Pay, allowing you to make fast and secure transactions by tapping your card or phone on the contactless sales terminal.
The privileges and rewards offered by this card may seem enticing, but make sure you’ve done your due research and compare it to other similar cards on offer to weigh in the pros and cons before committing.
You will need to meet the following eligibility criteria in order to apply:
- Be between 21 and 65 years of age when applying
- Have a minimum income of $30,000 p.a. for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Have a minimum income of $60,000 p.a. if you’re a foreigner
- If you’re a foreigner, you need to be a holder of P1, P2 or Q type Singapore Employment Passes
- Q pass holders must have one-year remaining validity on the pass
- Singapore ID card or passport
- Copy of employment pass (front and back) if you’re a foreigner
- Proof of income, such as your latest month computerised payslip, CPF Contribution History Statement or Income Tax Notice of Assessment
- Commission earners will require three months of income evidence
- Self-employed applicants have an operational business for at least two years and submit their latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment
You can make sure you get a decent reward points return on your entire credit card spend and also enjoy a range of benefits with the Standard Chartered Platinum Visa Credit Card.