Standard Chartered Platinum Visa Credit Card Review
Earn reward points on every $1 spent and enjoy Visa platinum privileges across 3,000 locations in Asia with the Standard Chartered Platinum Visa Credit Card.
In addition, all Standard Chartered credit cardholders can also access promotions including 1-for-1 dining offers, hotel discounts and over 1,000 deals with its partner merchants through The Good Life programme.
Compare the features and fees of the card to determine if it is right for you.
Benefits of the Standard Chartered Platinum Visa Credit Card
- Sign-up offer. New cardholders are entitled to S$80 cashback upon approval. Existing cardholders will also receive S$20 cashback when they signup for their second Standard Chartered credit card.
- 360° Rewards. Earn 1 point for every dollar charged for eligible spend. If you have a total banking relationship with Standard Chartered, you’ll stand to gain 2X points for every S$1 charged (at least S$1,000 monthly spend) and also on selected spending categories.
- The Good Life offers and privileges. All Standard Chartered credit and debit cardholders are entitled to a wide array of perks and discounts, including dining discounts, gift vouchers at retail stores, promo codes for online shopping and cashback when you book qualifying hotel stays.
- Visa Platinum perks. Enjoy exclusive privileges from leading hotels, restaurants, golf courses and merchants worldwide. Selected cardholders may also access 24-hour concierge to help with travel arrangements, dinner reservations, ticket purchases and more.
- Caltex 2020 Promotion. Up to 20.2% petrol savings at Caltex stations. T&Cs apply. Valid till 31 Dec 2020
Features of the Standard Chartered Platinum Visa Credit Card
The Standard Chartered Platinum Visa Credit Card provides the following key features:
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of S$192.60 but is waived for the first two years. Supplementary cards are free for life.
- EasyPay. For retail purchases over S$500, you can utilise EasyPay to convert the transaction into an interest-free repayment plan across 6 or 12 months, with a one-time service fee of 5%.
- Funds transfer. You can transfer funds from your credit card to your bank account in as fast as 15 minutes and repay at 0% interest. Minimum S$1,000 transfer for a loan tenure of 3-12 months, including a 0.7 – 4.5% one-time processing fee.
- SC EasyBill. Earn cashback, reward points and bonus interest when you settle your IRAS, education, insurance and rental bills with SC EasyBill payment programme.
- Contactless and mobile payments. Your card is compatible with Google Pay, Apple Pay, Tap & Go with Mastercard and Samsung Pay, allowing you to make fast and secure transactions by tapping your card or phone on the contactless sales terminal.
The privileges and rewards offered by this card may seem enticing, but make sure you’ve done your due research and compare it to other similar cards on offer to weigh in the pros and cons before committing. If you have decided that the Standard Chartered Platinum Visa Credit Card could work for you, click on the green “Go to Site” button to begin your application.
You will need to meet the following eligibility criteria in order to apply:
- Be between 21 and 65 years of age when applying
- Have a minimum income of S$30,000 p.a. for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Have a minimum income of S$60,000 p.a. if you’re a foreigner
- If you’re a foreigner, you need to be a holder of P1, P2 or Q type Singapore Employment Passes
- Q pass holders must have one-year remaining validity on the pass
- Singapore ID card or passport
- Copy of employment pass (front and back) if you’re a foreigner
- Proof of income, such as your latest month computerised payslip, CPF Contribution History Statement or Income Tax Notice of Assessment
- Commission earners will require three months of income evidence
- Self-employed applicants have an operational business for at least 2 years and submit their latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment
You can make sure you get a decent reward points on your entire credit card spend and also enjoy a range of benefits with the Standard Chartered Platinum Visa Credit Card.