Standard Chartered NUS Alumni Platinum Credit Card Review
Pay no annual fee for two years and enjoy savings on dining, free movies and lots more.
If you’re an NUS alumnus, you can now take pride in your alma mater and support your fellow NUS students as you enjoy the best things in life as you spend on your card.
With the Standard Chartered NUS Alumni Platinum Credit Card, you can also earn reward points for every $1 spent on this card. Plus, enjoy a wide array of privileges such as dining offers and shopping discounts from The Good Life programme. Let’s take a look.
S$0 annual fee for 2 years - S$192.60 thereafter
Effective Interest Rate
Min Income - Singaporean and PR
|Product Name||Standard Chartered NUS Alumni Platinum Credit Card|
|Reward||Earn 1 reward point for every S$1 charged to your card.|
|Effective Interest Rate||26.9%|
|Interest Free Period||Applicable if you choose to make full payment|
|Maximum Credit Limit||Up to S$250,000|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||The higher of S$50 or 1%|
Benefits of the Standard Chartered NUS Alumni Platinum Credit Card
- 360° Rewards. Earn 1 reward point for every dollar charged to your card. These reward points are redeemable for various shopping, travel and lifestyle benefits.
- Sign-up offer. Receive up to S$200 cashback when you apply and make one eligible transaction. T&Cs apply. Ends 31 Jul 2021.
- The Good Life offers and privileges. The card entitles you to a host of benefits and discounts, including savings on your dining bill, online shopping promo codes, free movie tickets and even complimentary vouchers when you book qualifying hotel stays.
- Giving something back to students. Each time you charge your expenses on the Standard Chartered NUS Alumni Platinum Credit Card, the bank will make a contribution towards the NUS Alumni Bursary Awards, NUS Alumni Student Exchange Awards and NUS Alumni Overseas Colleges Awards.
- 24-hour Visa Platinum concierge. If you need help with travel arrangements, reservations, shopping and gift services, the Visa Platinum concierge service can take care of that. You can request for the service anytime from the Visa Concierge app, which is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Caltex 2021 Promotion. Up to 20% petrol savings at Caltex stations. T&Cs apply. Valid till 31 Dec 2021.
Features of the Standard Chartered NUS Alumni Platinum Credit Card
The Standard Chartered NUS Alumni Platinum Credit Card comes with a number of important features:
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of S$192.60 and waivable in the first two years. Any supplementary cards are free for life.
- EasyPay. Valid for retail purchases over S$500, EasyPay allows you to convert a transaction into an interest-free repayment plan across 6 or 12 months. Take note that there’s a one-off fee of 5% whenever you utilise this service.
- Funds transfer. Move funds via a balance transfer from your credit card to another bank account and repay at 0% interest for a set time period. Note that there’s a minimum S$1,000 transfer with a choice of loan tenure from 3-12 months, including a 0.7-4.5% one-time processing fee.
- Instant disbursement of digital credit card. If you need to use your new credit card instantly after approval and before receiving the physical card, you can request for a digital version. The digital credit card allows you to make 3-Domain Secure (3DS) online purchases and settle payments through Apple Pay, Google PayTM and Samsung Pay.
- Temporary credit limit increase. If you need to raise your credit limit urgently to cover for unforeseen expenses for travel, medical, wedding or funeral costs, you can request for a temporary credit limit increase without any additional fees or charges.
- Contactless and mobile payments. Make secure and convenient payments by tapping your card or phone on the contactless sales terminal. The card is compatible with Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay.
- SC EasyBill. Earn cashback, 360° reward points and bonus interest when you pay your IRAS, education, insurance and rental bills with SC EasyBill payment programme.
It’s easy to get reward points on all your spending with this card, in addition to standard Standard Chartered credit card privileges. However, it’s worth weighing up this card against others so you can choose the one that fits your needs.
You will need to meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- An NUS graduate
- Be between 21 and 65 years of age when applying
- Have a minimum income of S$30,000 p.a. for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Have a minimum income of S$60,000 p.a. if you’re a foreigner
- If you’re a foreigner, you need to be a holder of P1, P2 or Q type Singapore Employment Passes
- Q pass holders must have one year remaining validity on the pass
- Singapore ID card or passport
- Copy of employment pass (front and back) if you’re a foreigner
- Proof of income, such as your latest month computerised payslip, CPF Contribution History Statement or Income Tax Notice of Assessment
- Commission earners will require three months of income evidence
- Self-employed applicants have an operational business for at least 2 years and submit their latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment
With the Standard Chartered NUS Alumni Platinum Credit Card, you can show your support for your alma matter while enjoying a wide range of benefits whenever you charge your expenses on the card.