Standard Chartered Business Platinum Credit Card Review
The Standard Chartered Business Platinum credit card gives you exclusive travel and lifestyle offers plus rewards on every dollar you spend, thanks to 360° rewards.
Enrol in the comprehensive Standard Chartered 360° rewards program and get a range of exclusive dining, travel and golfing benefits when you apply for the Standard Chartered Business Platinum card. Your card also includes access to the 24/7 Visa Platinum concierge service that can assist you with travel, lifestyle and dining bookings.
$0 annual fee for 3 years - $160.50 thereafter
Effective Interest Rate
Min Income - Singaporean and PR
The Standard Chartered Business Platinum Credit Card provides a comprehensive range of benefits in exchange for an annual fee of $160.50. You can recover some of this annual fee via 360° rewards, a rewards program that features plenty of redemption options, such as dining and shopping vouchers.
Visa’s Platinum concierge services can make life more convenient, and you can get special privileges at dining establishments, hotels and golf courses. You’re automatically entitled to all the benefits of Standard Chartered’s The Good Life program including 1-for-1 dining offers at participating restaurants.
Benefits of the Standard Chartered Business Platinum Credit Card
- 360°rewards program. Almost every $1 you spend on your credit card leads to 1 point in the Standard Chartered 360° rewards program. You may also earn 360° Rewards points on other products such as fixed deposits and selected current accounts, online transactions, investments and mortgages. You can redeem your points for goods and services, or redeem them with partner merchants such as KrisFlyer.
- 24-hour concierge service. Your Standard Chartered Business Platinum Credit Card gives you access to the Visa Platinum concierge service, the around-the-clock phone number which can help you book travel arrangements, as well as tickets and dining reservations.
- The Good Life by Standard Chartered. Cardholders get access to a program of benefits and privileges that covers over 3,000 merchants around the world including 1-for-1 Dining offers at participating restaurants, thanks to the bank’s The Good Life program.
- 0% instalment plan. Ask for Standard Chartered’s 0% interest instalment plan at participating merchants and enjoy interest-free arrangements of up to 12 months on large purchases, with no set-up fee.
- Caltex Promotion. Up to 16% petrol savings at Caltex stations. T&Cs apply. Valid till 31 Jan 2022.
Features of the Standard Chartered Business Platinum Credit Card
The card is designed around the 360° rewards scheme as well as a range of benefits and offers exclusive to cardholders. Read on for the most important features of this card.
- Annual fee and waiver. Your annual fee will be $160.50, but this fee is waived for 3 years.
- Rewards points validity. The rewards points you collect are valid for 3 years.
- Repayment plans. You can convert any transaction over $150 to an interest-free instalment plan repayable up to 12 months in exchange for a one-time service fee of 0.1%.
- Mobile and contactless payments. Your card is enrolled with Visa payWave for easy contactless payments of up to $100, and you can add your card to Google Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay for contactless payments with your mobile phone.
- Additional cardholders. Share the benefits and pool the rewards when you apply for a supplementary card for friends and family.
- Fraud prevention. Standard Chartered implements the CardSafe Guarantee to protect you against fraud when you shop online. You will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions made online with your card.
Fees to take note of
Here are some fees to take note of before signing up for a Standard Chartered Business Platinum Credit Card.
- Annual fee: $160.50 (fees waived for the first 3 years)
- Supplementary card fees: free (up to 5 cards)
- Interest fees: 26.9% per annum (after 20-day interest-free period)
- Monthly charges: 1% or $50, whichever may be higher
- Cash advance fees: 6% or $15, whichever may be higher
- Late payment fees:$100
- Currency conversion fees: Up to 3.5%
- Overlimit fees: $40
How to sign up
In general, you may need to meet the following requirements in order to sign up.
- You must be between 21 and 65 years old.
- You must have a minimum income of $30,000 p.a.
- Foreigners require earnings of $60,000 p.a.
- Foreigners need an employment pass valid for two years.
- You must have a credit record that is free of default.
Required information and documents
- You will need to provide a Singapore ID card or passport.
- You will need to provide a copy of your employment pass if you’re a foreigner.
- You will need to show proof of income.
The Standard Chartered Business Platinum Credit Card is a great card to consider if you want a good mix of reward-earning capabilities, as well as exclusive discounts and privileges.