Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Singtel Broadband Review
Find out which Singtel plan suits your fibre broadband needs best.
Is Singtel broadband right for me?
- What Singtel broadband offers: Standard plans with attractive add-ons.
- The highlights: Exclusive deals including discounts on lifestyle and smart home products.
- Watch out for: Additional costs associated with the installment of fibre infrastructure.
Singtel is one of the biggest telco brands in Singapore, offering products ranging from SIM plans to fibre broadband plans. Read on to find out if Singtel Broadband is right for you.
Types of plans offered by Singtel
In general, Singtel offers fibre broadband plans that cover your Wi-Fi needs over a 24-month contract. These plans range from 1Gbps standard broadband plans to exclusive high-speed networks targeted to professional gamers. Let’s start by taking a look at the standard plans offered by Singtel.
Singtel’s 1 Gbps broadband plan
This basic 24-month plan comes with 1Gbps broadband, a wireless dual-band AC router, a 4G mobile broadband plan (500MB) and a standard home line. It’s great for customers looking to cover their basic network needs at a competitive price point of $44.90/month when you sign up online.
Singtel’s 1Gbps broadband plan with WiFi Mesh
This 24-month plan offers 1Gbps broadband, a pair of AirTies WiFi Mesh 4930, a 4G mobile broadband plan (500MB) and a home line. If you have more devices at home and prefer a seamless online surfing experience, this could be the plan for you. The package is priced at $49.90/month for online signups.
Singtel’s 2Gbps broadband plan with WiFi Mesh
This plan offers everything covered by the Singtel 1Gbps broadband plan with WiFi Mesh — just with better broadband speeds. This plan would be most compatible with fans of the original WiFi Mesh plan who want just a little more speed for their network.
Singtel’s 1+1Gbps Gamer Bundle
Are you a gamer looking for a broadband plan that can keep up with your streaming needs? Then this could be the plan for you. This 24-month plan comes with a Razer Sila Router, wtfast Gamers Private Network service, a 4G mobile broadband plan (500MB) and a standard home line.
- Fibre broadband for everyone. Singtel’s fibre broadband plans are straightforward and no-frills. They’re transparent about the costs involved, so you don’t have to be worried about any confusing, technical jargon.
- Attractive bundles. Whether you’re a new customer receiving a free router or a re-contracting user looking for deals on the latest lifestyle products, Singtel broadband offers a great range of perks with its bundles.
- Strong customer support. If you need any help with your Singtel products, you can head down to your nearest Singtel shop or reach out to Singtel via their customer service hotline.
Singtel broadband promotions
Consider signing up with these ongoing promotions to get the greatest bang for your buck on Singtel broadband plans.
Sign up for or re-contract Singtel’s standard 1Gbps broadband plan and get exclusive lifestyle deals. This may include discounts on products from Apple, Xiaomi and Dyson.
Samsung smart home deals
Considering Samsung’s smart home products? Sign up for or re-contract Singtel’s standard 1Gbps broadband plan and enjoy discounts on select Samsung products including the Samsung grill lock starter kit and a Samsung Smart TV.
Singtel TV perks
Sign up for or re-contract Singtel’s standard 1Gbps broadband plan and enjoy 3 months free on Singtel TV Starter and Trio packages.
How does fibre broadband work?
Fibre broadband uses a network of fibre optic cables to deliver high-speed data. That means fewer lags, more streaming and more devices connected to the same network. Before considering a Singtel broadband plan, check if your home may be reached by fibre broadband through a quick google search. If you have any queries regarding Singtel fibre broadband and the installation process, you can visit your nearest Singtel shop or give a quick call to Singtel’s customer service office.
What should I take note of?
You may face additional charges if you do not have the necessary fibre infrastructure installed in your home. Here are some costs you could encounter.
- Installation charges for fibre and bundled services: $90 (weekdays) or $145 (weekends)
- Installation charges for standalone Singtel TV on fibre: $90 (weekdays) or $145 (weekends)
- Cost of changing installation appointment date: $80.25
- Activation of fibre port: $56.71
- Excess cabling charges: $2 for every 5 metres
Do also take note of the following exceptions Singtel has specified regarding their installation of fibre infrastructure.
- While the Optical Network Terminal (ONT) installation service is free for all customers, router installation service is only available for Fibre Home Bundle and Fibre Entertainment Bundle subscribers.’
- For Unlimited Fibre subscribers, only ONT is provided so you can have the freedom to choose your own third-party router. You can also purchase third-party routers at a special price from Singtel.
I’m moving and need to relocate my services. How do I inform Singtel? You’ll want to submit your relocation request 2-3 weeks in advance as appointment slots are subject to availability. Visit a Singtel shop or chat with customer service to make the relevant arrangements.
Can I upgrade my Singtel Fibre Broadband service plan anytime within the contractual period? Will there be any charges? Yes, you may do so for free.
I am currently a SingNet Home Broadband customer on ADSL without any contract. Can I upgrade to Singtel Fibre Broadband? Yes, you should visit any Singtel shop or reach out to customer service to arrange for an upgrade.
More guides on Finder
How to compare broadband for gaming
Common questions about gaming on a Singapore broadband plan answered.
How to increase your upload speed
Singapore has some of fastest upload speeds on the planet, but is your service letting you down?
WhizComms Broadband Review
WhizComms offers some of the most competitively-priced broadband plans in Singapore. Find out if they’re right for you.
Viewqwest broadband offers a range of fast fibre plans to suit your wireless needs.
MyRepublic’s plans come with attractive add-ons and promotions.
M1 Broadband Review
M1 broadband plans come with a range of features and add-ons for seamless streaming experiences.
Broadband bundles Singapore
Find out why bundling your broadband and home entertainment could help you to save.
Enjoy fast broadband speeds, 24/7 customer support, parental control features, and more with StarHub.
Compare casual no contract broadband plans
Looking for a broadband plan with no long term commitments? Compare no contract broadband plans here.