Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Find the best way to send money to Cambodia
Learn how to send money to Cambodia from Singapore in our step-by-step guide.
Looking for the best way to send money from Singapore to family, friends or businesses in Cambodia (or even to your own overseas bank account)?
Don't head straight to your Singaporean bank – compare specialist money transfer services instead. They nearly always offer better KHR exchange rates and lower fees, so for the same amount of Singapore dollars you send, your recipient will receive more riels.
Of the companies we've compared, Send International Money Transfers is among the cheapest, with competitive exchange rates and fees starting from S$0. Need a really fast transfer? Remitly International Money Transfers can get money to your recipient in Cambodia within an hour.
Best ways to send money to Cambodia from SingaporeThe best way to send money to Cambodia depends on your payment method, how you want your money to be received and how fast you need it to arrive.
- Online money transfer provider. When buying Singapore dollars or riels money transfer specialists typically offer better rates and cheaper fees than a local bank.
- Bank transfer. Bank transfers are an easy way to send money to Cambodia but they charge extra for the convenience and are often slower than other methods.
- Cash pickup. If you need your money to arrive fast, cash pickup gives your recipient instant access to the money you've sent when they collect it from their agent location in Cambodia.
Compare the best money transfer companies to send money to CambodiaUse our table to compare the best money transfer companies to send money to Cambodia. You can compare deposit and receiving options, fees and transfer speeds, then click the "Go to site" button when you've found the best one to get your money to Cambodia.
Cheapest way to send money to Cambodia
Bank transfers are typically the cheapest way to get your money to Cambodia. Send International Money Transfers and Remitly International Money Transfers have some of the lowest bank transfer fees of the brands we've compared.When you're hunting down the cheapest ways to send money to Cambodia, it's more important to look at the overall cost of your transfer. This has a couple of elements:
- Transfer fees. While still cheaper than your Singaporean bank, some money transfer services charge either a fixed or percentage-based fee for making your transfer.
- Exchange rates. Another way money transfer providers make money is to add a margin to the mid-market SGD/KHR exchange rate.
Some providers may charge the mid-market rate but add fees on top. Others may have very low fees but apply a markup on the exchange rate. This means it is important to compare exactly how many riels your recipient will end up with.
Fastest way to send money to Cambodia
Many online providers can offer transfers to Cambodia within minutes, although you're likely to pay a premium for the convenience.Here are some of the fastest average transfer speeds to Cambodia:
- Remitly International Money Transfers — within an hour
- Send International Money Transfers — within hours
Actual transfer times from Singapore to Cambodia can depend on several different factors including transfer amount, payment method and currency.
Safest way to send money to Cambodia
The safest way to get your money to Cambodia is to use a provider registered with Singapore's industry regulator, the Money Authority of Singapore (MAS). All of the companies we've compared in our table are overseen by a local regulator and comply with the relevant laws and regulations in both Singapore and Cambodia.
A great way to dive deeper is by reading our extended reviews of each transfer service and researching first-hand customer feedback on Trustpilot and similar platforms.
Large money transfers to Cambodia
If you need to make a sizable money transfer to Cambodia, consider using a provider such as Remitly International Money Transfers or Send International Money Transfers to benefit from its expertise in handling larger transfer amounts.Using a large transfer specialist can have the following advantages:
- Tax guidance. Large transfers to Cambodia may have tax implications for you or your recipient. A transfer specialist can help get you up to speed on IRAS's latest advice.
- Foreign exchange (forex) tools. Advanced tools such as forward contracts, limit orders and stop-loss orders can help you lock in the KHR exchange rate you want.
- Account manager. Some money transfer providers assign a personal account manager who can help and advise you on your transfer needs.
- Phone service. If you want to talk your transfer through with someone, providers such as Remitly International Money Transfers and Send International Money Transfers can give you support over the phone.
How to send money to Cambodia from Singapore
To send money to Cambodia, you'll need the necessary documentation, your recipient's details and a way to pay.
- Compare your options.
Use our table to find a money transfer provider that sends funds to Cambodia. One may be better for cash pickups while another may suit a bank transfer. Once you've found the best one for your requirements, click "Go to site".
- Create an account.
You'll need to give your name, address, contact details, proof of ID and method of payment.
- Provide your recipient's details.
Enter your recipient's name and contact information. If you're sending straight to their Cambodian bank account, you'll need the account number, SWIFT or IBAN plus their bank branch's address.
- Enter your transfer amount.
Check you're happy with the fees, exchange rates and transfer speed, then enter the amount you wish to send. Double-check the total riels your recipient gets.
- Complete your transfer.
Send your money transfer to Cambodia. Keep your transaction reference number safe so you can track your transfer. Your recipient may need it too.
How to choose the best money transfer companies to send money to Cambodia
When choosing a money transfer provider to send money from Singapore to Cambodia, it's important to consider the cost, how you want your recipient to receive the funds and the turnaround time. Here are other features to review:
- Exchange rates. Banks and transfer services use the mid-market rate to trade with one another. It is the best rate you can get. However, not all money transfer providers offer you this mid-market rate so compare the KHR you're offered to the mid-market rate and look for the smallest difference.
- Transfer fees. Are you being charged a flat fee or a percentage of your transfer amount? For example, a provider offering to transfer your money to Cambodia for a flat or low fee might work out better if you plan to send a large amount.
- Transfer type. Does your recipient have a Cambodian bank account or is cash or cell phone top-up a better option? Each transfer type will have different fees. For example, instant cash pickups tend to be more expensive than bank transfers .
- Transfer speed. If you need your transfer to arrive quickly, you can pay for an express delivery. Companies such as Remitly International Money Transfers offer instant cash pickups but may charge more. If you're not in a rush, online money transfer services offer the best value and get your money to Cambodia faster and cheaper than banks.
- Transfer limits. Find out how much you can send with each service. For example, Send International Money Transfers has a transfer limit of Unlimited while Remitly International Money Transfers allows transfers up to S$45,000.
- Discounts. Some providers may offer you a free transfer simply for signing up. Others may offer a discount if you transfer more than a specific amount of riels.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Finder Global Crypto Trading Platform Awards 2023
Find out how major crypto exchanges and brokers fared in 2023’s Global Crypto Trading Platform Awards.
SSV Network (SSV) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on SSV Network and how the token will perform in the future.
USDD (USDD) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on USDD and how the token will perform in the future.
Blur (BLUR) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Blur and how the token will perform in the future.
FLOKI (FLOKI) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on FLOKI and how the token will perform in the future.
Efinity (EFI) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Efinity and how the token will perform in the future.
UltraSafe (ULTRA) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on UltraSafe and how the token will perform in the future.
Threshold Network (T) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Threshold Network and how the token will perform in the future.
Stargate Finance (STG) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Stargate Finance and how the token will perform in the future.
Step App (FITFI) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Step App and how the token will perform in the future.