Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
RHB Securities Review
Earn reward points when you trade with RHB Securities.
RHB Securities Singapore Pte Ltd (RHB Sec) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of RHB Investment Bank Berhad (RHBIB), Malaysia’s oldest and first local bank. It is a member of Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited and operates as a brokerage firm, providing a suite of stock broking services to retail, institutional and corporations, retail and institutional investors.
Find out if RHB Securities is suitable for you in our review.
- Web-based and mobile trading platforms
- Incentive programme
- In-depth research, daily market reports and live prices
Not so great for
- Only two types of trading accounts
- Limited global exchange options
- No online account application
What's in this guide?
- What investments does RHB Securities offer?
- Key features of RHB Securities
- RHBInvest demo account
- Types of accounts offered by RHB Securities
- What are RHB Securities pricing and fees?
- Is RHB Securities safe?
- Pros and cons
- How do I sign up for an RHB Securities account?
- How do I contact support?
- Frequently asked questions
What investments does RHB Securities offer?
RHBInvest allows its clients to trade most of the securities that are listed on exchanges in the following countries:
- Singapore (SGX)
- Malaysia (Bursa)
- Hong Kong (HKE)
- United States (NASDAQ, AMEX, NYSE)
Key features of RHB Securities
RHB Securities provides the following features to enrich your trading experience:
Direct Market Access
Access markets fast by trading directly into both local and overseas key securities exchanges with Direct Market Access (DMA).
To help users avoid making trading decisions affected by emotions, the RHBInvest Program Trading system offers a variety of order functions:
- Stop limit order. Protect your unrealised gain by locking your profit or limit your potential losses with this feature.
- Conditional order. Automatically sent your order to the exchange once a predefined condition of your dependent stock price has been triggered.
- Good-till-cancelled order. Your order will remain in effect for 30 days until the order is matched or cancelled.
- Good-till-date order. Allows you to place an order up to a specified date (within one month), and it’ll remain in effect until it’s fully matched or expired.
Technical charting tools
Spot trends and manage risks with RHBInvest’s range of technical charting tools, which comprises of 25 technical indicators that are custom built to meet your trading needs. On top of that, RHBInvest also provides 10-year historical data, detailed company information and financial reports.
Market depth and SMS alert
Enhance your trading decisions with the following subscription-based services:
- SGX Market Depth. Displays order changes such as stock liquidity and buy/sell prices from pre-open session to market close in real-time.
- SMS Alerts. Receive stock alert notifications on your mobile device via SMS and/or email of your choice.
If you wish to subscribe, please contact your Trade Representative or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RHBInvest demo account
If you’re interested in trying out the RHBInvest online trading platform, simply click on the ‘try our platform’ button on the top right of RHB Securities website and filling in the contact form.
A representative will then get back to you at the soonest to set up a demo account for you.
What research does it provide?
RHB Securities has an award-winning research team (RHB Research Institute Singapore Pte Ltd) which provide in-depth coverage of over 111 listed companies across various sectors, including banks, consumers, healthcare, property, transport and technology.
To help its clients make informed trading decisions, RHB Securities’ team of analysts provides up-to-date market analysis, corporate updates and stock recommendations through daily research reports that are updated and accessible anytime.
Types of accounts offered by RHB Securities
There are two account types you can open with RHB Securities:
|Account Type||Key Features|
|Cash Trading Account|
|Margin Financing Account|
What are RHB Securities pricing and fees?
You’ll pay brokerage fees when you trade financial products using RHBInvest or through a broker. You’ll be charged varying commission depending on you account type and how your trade is conducted.
Here are RHB Securities’ brokerage fees for trading stocks on SGX (traded in SGD):
|S$50,000 and below||0.275%||0.50%|
|Above S$50,000 – S$100,000||0.22%||0.40%|
Fees are accurate at the time of writing (27 June 2020).
All transactions are also subject to CDP imposed clearing fee (0.0325%), SGX trading fee (0.0075%), SGX settlement instruction fee ($0.35 per contract) and GST. There’ll also be a 7% GST on brokerage rates, clearing fee and trading fee. Check the full commission and charges on RHB Securities’ website.
Is RHB Securities safe?
RHB Securities Singapore Pte Ltd holds a Capital Markets Securities License and is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). Foreign securities are also kept with an established global custodian for added security.
To protect clients’ online trades, the platform is equipped with security features such as:
- RSA-2048 encryption. To ensure secure data transmission, all orders placed on RHBInvest are encrypted with RSA-2048 encryption technology.
- Two Factor Authentication (2FA). Your trading account is protected from unauthorised access through two layers of identity verification – your login ID and password, as well as a One-Time Password (OTP) generated from your OneKey security token.
Pros and cons
- Reward points. Earn 1 reward point for every S$1 (or equivalent amount in foreign currency) you pay in commission.
- Advanced trading and charting tools. Ease and streamline your trading process with a wide suite of stock screening and charting tools embedded within the RHB Securities trading platforms.
- Convenience. Conduct a trade anytime, anywhere with RHBInvest web or mobile platform or mobile app (available on both Andriod’s Play and Apple’s App store).
- Limited exchanges. You can only trade securities listed in exchanges across Singapore, Malaysia Hong Kong and United States.
- Limited account types. RHB Securities only offer two types of accounts: Cash Trading and Margin Financing.
- No online application. To open your trading account, you’ll need to print and fill in the application form and then bring it to the RHB Securities’ office or send them by mail.
How do I sign up for an RHB Securities account?
To be eligible for a RHB Securities account, you’ll need to be 21 years or older and must not be an undischarged bankrupt or circulated as a delinquent by any securities firm.
Once you’ve met the eligibility criteria, you may proceed to apply by submitting a duly-filled copy of the application form (available for download on the RHB Securities website) along with your supporting documents at its office or via mail.
Central Depository (CDP) Account
To start investing in the Singapore securities market, you’ll need to open a Central Depository (CDP) account. This allows you to store your SGX stocks under your own name. Make sure to open a CDP account online before proceeding to open an RHB Securities trading account as you’ll be required to provide your CDP account number on the application form.
However, if you only want to store your SGX stocks with RHB Securities, you may proceed to open your trading account with them without a CDP account custodian. This way, your stocks will be stored under RHB Securities’ custodian account instead.
- Identity verification:
- Singaporean/PR: Front and back photocopy of your NRIC
- Malaysian: Front and back photocopy of your Malaysian IC/passport/work permit/employment pass
- Other nationality: Valid passport or employment pass (if applicable)
- For salaried employees/commissioned or variable income earners:
- Latest computerised payslip; or
- Latest bank statement; or
- Last 12 months CPF contribution history statement
- For self-employed:
- Latest bank statement; or
- Latest income tax notice of assessment IR8A
*You’re required to sign on the photocopy of your identity documents.
How do I contact support?
If you have any enquiries, you may reach RHB Securities directly through the following contact details:
- Hotline: (65) 6438 8810 (from 8.30am to 6pm, Mondays to Fridays excluding PH)
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 10 Collyer Quay, #09-08, Ocean Financial Centre, Singapore 049315
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Ethereum (ETH) price prediction 2021
What affects the value of Ethereum (ETH) and how might the price of ETH fluctuate in the year ahead? Find out in this comprehensive guide.
Canvas prepaid debit card review
With the Canvas prepaid card and app, both your kids and domestic workers can benefit from more independence over pocket money and household expenses.
How to invest in the BTCC Bitcoin ETF
The world’s first physical Bitcoin ETF has launched onto the stock market. Here’s how to invest if you’re in Singapore.
Where to buy reusable heat packs online in Singapore 2021
Shop for reusable heat packs online at any of these eight destinations and score a discount with a coupon code.
Where to buy period underwear online in Singapore 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on sustainable and money-saving period underwear online at any of these prime retailers.
Showpo discount codes and coupons | Enjoy 20% off sale
For on-trend fashion at low prices it is hard to go past Showpo. This Australian retailer has the goods.
Best student debit cards
Enjoy convenient payments and a wide range of benefits with debit cards options that match the fast-paced lifestyles of students and young adults.
Where to buy bamboo toothbrushes online in Singapore 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on fully biodegradable bamboo toothbrushes online at any of these prime retailers.
How to buy shares online
Learn how to buy shares online by following our 7 step guide for Singaporeans.
What are Singapore’s blue chip shares?
What are Singapore’s top chip stocks and should you invest in them?