Revolut Metal Card review
Discover the exclusive features that comes with a Revolut Metal account
From competitive multi-currency exchanges to a 1% rebate on all spend, there are plenty of perks you could enjoy with a Revolut Metal account. Find out more about the features, fees and sign-up process involved with a Revolut Metal account.
ATM fee for SGD withdrawals
Currency conversion fee
What is Revolut Metal?
Revolut is a digital banking app that allows you to spend in 150+ currencies and exchange over 30 currencies affordably. Benefit from a host of features, including interbank exchange rates, fee-free overseas ATM withdrawals and even a handy savings Vaults to help you attain your long-term savings goals.
When you register for a Revolut account, you’ll be able to load funds into your Revolut wallet. Once you’ve done so, you can proceed to order your physical Revolut card or create virtual cards and start using them for your purchases immediately.
Revolut offers three membership tiers to choose from — Standard, Premium and Metal with each giving you access to more features. In this review, we’ll be discussing the exclusive Revolut Metal plan and what it offers.
- Cashback. Receive 0.1% cashback on spending within Europe and 1% outside of Europe, capped at €13.99 per month. This includes cryptocurrency spending.
- Complimentary insurances. This includes overseas medical insurance, delayed baggage and flight insurance, purchase protection and winter sports coverage
- Airport lounge passes. LoungeKey Pass access so you can buy lounge passes in the Revolut app. If your flights are delayed, you receive free lounge passes for you and three friends.
- Budgeting tools. Enjoy instant categorisation of your spending, payment and card controls and spending notifications to keep you on track. You can also set limits on your monthly spending, ensuring that you don’t exceed your budget.
- Virtual cards. Spend online securely with disposable virtual cards.
- Free ATM withdrawals. Up to $1,050 per month in fee-free ATM withdrawals (three times more than the Standard account).
- Metal card. An exclusive stainless steel card, with up to one replacement card per year for free.
- Cryptocurrency. You’ll have instant access to Revolut’s cryptocurrency feature, which gives you access to five cryptocurrencies.
- Free foreign currency exchange. No monthly limit on exchanges in up to 28 fiat currencies. You also receive unlimited cross border transfers for free.
- Revolut Junior. You’ll receive Revolut Junior accounts for up to five children.
- Vaults. Revolut makes budgeting much easier with its Vaults feature that allows you to allocate your balance towards different goals.
Fees and limits
Take note of these potential fees before signing up for a Revolut Metal account.
- Additional card fees. Metal users may request additional cards (first one free) for S$50 per card.
- Monthly fee. S$19.99.
- International ATM withdrawal fee. If you withdraw more than $1,050 per monthin a month, you’ll be charged 2%. Note that currently, you cannot withdraw from ATMs in Singapore.
- Weekend conversion fees. A 0.5% to 1% markup applies to conversions made during the weekend.
If you travel often, need easy access to multiple currencies or want perks such as cashback and complimentary insurances, Revolut Metal is a great card to consider. However, you should consider whether you will use all of the available features to make the monthly fee worth it. You are also not able to withdraw cash from ATMs in Singapore, so this is quite restrictive.
If you’re just looking for a card with travel perks and the limits aren’t too restrive, Revolut Premium may be worth looking at. For those that don’t need the insurances or extra spending limits and just want a good card with budgeting tools and that is a great travel companion, Revolut Standard may be more up your alley.
How to sign up
You can sign up for a Revolut Metal account easily online. If you’re a new customer, download the Revolut app and create an account. You’ll need to verify your ID with documentation and by taking a selfie. After you’re verified, you can start using your Revolut Metal account. Your card should be delivered in Up to 3 working days.
If you’re already on Revolut Premium, then you can upgrade to Metal instantly. Under the “More” section of the app, go to “Upgrade” and press “Go Metal!”. Revolut will refund you for the month or months you didn’t use your Premium account.
If you have a Revolut Standard account, go to the “Upgrade” section to make the request.