Revolut Metal Card review
Discover the exclusive features that comes with a Revolut Metal account
From competitive multi-currency exchanges to a 1% rebate on all spend, there are plenty of perks you could enjoy with a Revolut Metal account. Find out more about the features, fees and sign-up process involved with a Revolut Metal account.
ATM fee for SGD withdrawals
Currency conversion fee
What's in this guide?
- How Revolut Metal works in Singapore
- How much does Revolut Metal cost?
- What features does Revolut Metal offer?
- Compare digital banks in Singapore
- Revolut Metal vs Revolut Premium
- Is Revolut Metal safe?
- What are the benefits of a Revolut Metal plan?
- What should I look out for?
- How do I get a Revolut card in Singapore?
- Frequently asked questions
How Revolut Metal works in Singapore
Revolut is a digital banking app that allows you to spend in 150+ currencies and exchange up to 28 currencies affordably. Benefit from a host of features, including interbank exchange rates, fee-free overseas ATM withdrawals and even a handy savings Vaults to help you attain your long-term savings goals.
When you register for a Revolut account, you’ll be able to load funds into your Revolut wallet. Once you’ve done so, you can proceed to order your physical Revolut card or create virtual cards and start using them for your purchases immediately.
Revolut offers three membership tiers to choose from — Standard, Premium and Metal with each giving you access to more features. In this review, we’ll be discussing the exclusive Revolut Metal plan and what it offers.
How much does Revolut Metal cost?
Take note of these potential fees before signing up for a Revolut Metal account.
- Additional card fees. Metal users may request additional cards (first one free) for S$50 per card.
- Monthly fee. S$19.99.
- International ATM withdrawal fee. 2% (after a limit of $1,050 in foreign ATM transactions per month).
- Weekend conversion fees. A 0.5% to 1% markup applies to conversions made during the weekend.
What features does Revolut Metal offer?
Interested in getting a Metal account? Explore the features below and understand what you stand to gain with this exclusive Revolut account.
- Multi-currency wallet. Revolut Metal account users can hold up to 28 currencies at one time, allowing you to treat your account as a multi-currency wallet.
- Real exchange rates. All Revolut accounts offer competitive currency conversions at the interbank exchange rate. This way, you can convert cash on-the-go and save on exchange markups.
- Global spending. Revolut Metal allows you to pay locally, overseas or online. The Metal card may be used anywhere in the world where VISA and Mastercard are accepted.
- Vaults. Revolut makes budgeting much easier with its Vaults feature that allows you to allocate your balance towards different goals. You may also set limits on your monthly spending, ensuring that you don’t exceed your budget.
- Exclusive Revolut Metal cards. This account comes with an exclusive Metal card, crafted from a single sheet of reinforced steel, which comes with exclusive contactless payments features.
- Higher ATM withdrawal limits. Enjoy free global ATM withdrawals up to $1,050 per month.
- SmartDelay perks. Enjoy complimentary lounge passes for yourself and up to 3 guests if your flight is delayed for over an hour.
- Lounge passes. Travel in style and comfort by accessing a range of airport lounges with your Revolut Metal account.
- Travel insurance. Stay protected with complimentary travel insurance, which covers emergency medical and dental treatment, baggage delays and lost or damaged items.
- Cashback. Revolut Metal users receive 1% cashback on all card payments.
Compare digital banks in Singapore
Revolut Metal vs Revolut Premium
How does Revolut Metal compare to its cheaper Premium counterpart? Compare the features and fees of Revolut Metal and Premium below:
|Features and fees||Premium||Metal|
|Fee-free currency exchange transactions|
|Fee-free withdrawals at overseas ATMs|
|Card delivery fees|
|Additional physical cards|
|Disposable virtual card|
|Priority customer service|
Note: Information provided are accurate as of 17 September 2020 and may subject to change.
Is Revolut Metal safe?
All of Revolut’s funds in Singapore are held in the local branch of ANZ Banking Group, segregating them from the company’s own money. Besides this, Revolut’s banking license is regulated by the European Central Bank, with extra regulations stipulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). As such, there are ample safeguards in place to help you keep your money safe.
Revolut also offers a range of in-app features to help Metal users protect their personal finances. The Revolut app gives you full control over your card’s security, allowing you to freeze and unfreeze your debit card in seconds. Furthermore, you may change your Revolut card’s settings via the Revolut app, restricting the ability to spend online and utilise contactless payments.
What are the benefits of a Revolut Metal plan?
- Sleek card design. The Revolut metal card is crafted from a single sheet of reinforced steel and weighs 18g.
- Interbank exchange rates. Exchange currency at interbank exchange rates, without a margin added by most foreign exchange providers.
- Free overseas ATM withdrawals. Take advantage of fee-free withdrawals up to $1,050 per month at overseas ATMs.
- Exclusive features. Enjoy Metal features including free travel insurance, airport lounge access, and 1% cashback on all spend.
What should I look out for?
- No ATM withdrawals in Singapore. As of September 2020, withdrawals from local ATMs are still not permitted.
- No physical branches. Since there’s no brick-and-motar branches, there’ll be no in-person customer support for those who prefer face-to face interactions.
- ATM withdrawal fees. There’s a 2% fee on ATM withdrawals beyond the monthly limit.
- Weekend markup. Watch out for 0.5% markup on major currencies and 1% on exchanges over the weekend.
- Subscription fee. The monthly of S$19.99 can add up.
How do I get a Revolut card in Singapore?
Download the Revolut app on your smartphone (available on both iOS and Android devices). Launch the app and begin the registration process:
- Download the Revolut app.
- Open the App and enter your phone number.
- Create a password.
- Enter the six-digit code you receive.
- Enter your first and last name, date of birth and address.
- Take a photo of your NRIC (front and back)
- Take a selfie
- Allow time for verification
Once verified, deposit at least $20 to your Revolut balance so you can proceed to request for a physical or virtual card.
You are eligible for a Revolut card in Singapore as long as you’re above the age of 18.
All you need is your NRIC or any other valid government ID on hand. Additionally, you will be asked to send a selfie for identity verification purposes.