Personal loan deals
Compare personal loan deals and special offers to help you reach your financial goals.
Looking for a personal loan to help you pay for a holiday, purchase a big-ticket item or consolidate debt?
What deals can I get on a personal loan?
Singapore lenders offer a range of personal loan deals to help sweeten the deal for borrowers.
- Interest-rate discounts. You could enjoy a discounted interest rate to help reduce your ongoing repayment amounts. For example, you could receive a 1% p.a. discount off the lender’s standard variable rate for the life of the loan.
- Waived fees. Some lenders will waive their application, establishment or ongoing fees, resulting in fewer out-of-pocket expenses when setting up and paying off your personal loan.
- Other flexible features. A variety of other special offers may be available depending on the lender, such as the ability to make additional repayments at any time or no early exit fees.
How do I compare my personal loan options?
Make sure to consider the following factors when comparing personal loans:
- Secured or unsecured. Will you need to offer collateral to guarantee the loan or can you access unsecured funding?
- Interest rate. How high is the interest rate and how does it compare to rates from other lenders? Does the loan come with a fixed or variable rate?
- Fees. Consider the application and ongoing fees that apply to the loan as well as any other fees that may apply in certain circumstances. For example, will there be an additional fee if you use the redraw facility or pay the loan off early?
- Loan features. Next, look at the features each loan offers, such as a free redraw facility, offset account and easy online application. Remember also to include the special offer and the benefits it provides in this part of the comparison.
- Repayment flexibility. Can you make additional repayments towards the personal loan whenever you want and without incurring any extra fees?
- Eligibility criteria. Also, remember to check whether you’re eligible to apply for the loan and that you satisfy any special criteria attached to the deal.
What do I need to consider when applying for a “special offer” personal loan?Scrutinise the terms and conditions so that you’re fully aware of how the special deals work – for example, will the discounted interest rate only apply for a limited period after which time the loan will revert to the lender’s standard rate?
It’s also essential to be sure that you’re only applying for a personal loan because it’s right for you, not just because it offers a great deal. Carefully consider the features and fees of any loan before deciding whether it’s the right product to help you reach your financial goals.
Have more questions about personal loan deals?