OCBC Yes! Debit Card
A fuss-free card that offers a 1% cash rebate on your daily spending.
Using a debit card can be a convenient way of making daily payments while earning cash rebates. The OCBC Yes! Debit card does exactly that. It gives the cardholder a 1% cash rebate when you shop online with selected merchants, pay for your taxi rides or eat at your favourite fast food outlets.
Not only do you get an unlimited 1% cash rebate when you spend a minimum of S$400 per month, but you also get to enjoy special OCBC cardmember discounts.
James Martin is a senior writer at Finder. He has written on a range of finance and business topics for over five years and his work has been featured in publications including The Irish Times, Companies 100, In Business and Q Magazine (UK). As a trained journalist, James can drill into the finer details of financial products to help you save time and money. In his spare time, James is a committed sports fan, novel reader and Thai food enthusiast.
Besides, cardholders have the chance to benefit from OCBC card benefits. This makes a debit card a better choice than an ATM card which only allows withdrawal of money without any earning of rebates, special benefits or easy payment options. The card also allows you to withdraw cash from an ATM when you are overseas and it’s nice that there is no annual fee ever. Depending on your needs and lifestyle, there are many cards out there to choose from, so make sure to compare your options to find the right card for you.
Benefits of using OCBC Yes! Debit card
- Cash rebate. Unlimited 1% cash rebate is offered when you shop with selected merchants. These include:
- Fast food: Macdonald’s, Subway, Burger King
- Convenient stores: Cheers, 7-11
- Online stores: Zalora, Lazada, iHerb, Fairprice Online
- Transport : Grab, Comfort, CityCab, TADA, Go-Jek
- OCBC card benefits. Cardmembers can enjoy OCBC card benefits, including dining discounts, cashback on online shopping, regional privileges, fuel savings and time-limited 0% instalment plans with selected merchants.
Features of the OCBC Yes! Debit card
- Annual fee waiver. Your card fees are waived as long as you are subscribed to the card
- Interest-free instalment plans. Enjoy 6 or 12 months 0% interest payment plans at selected merchants
- Visa Paywave. Cashless and convenient shopping experiences.
- Easy payment options. Choose from various payment options, including NETs, Paywave or by signature.
- Convenient cash withdrawal. Withdraw cash for free on any OCBC ATMs locally and overseas.
- Daily spend limit. The card has an automatic daily spending limit of S$2,000 but you can choose to change it at the ATM to suit your needs.
- Transaction alerts. An SMS notification will be sent to you when there is a transaction of more than S$1,000.
How to apply for the OCBC Yes! Debit card?
If you’ve decided that you would like to apply for the OCBC Yes! Debit Card, you can click the ‘Apply now’ button from there and follow the prompts. Singaporeans and permanent residents can use MyInfo to complete their application online. If you aren’t able to use MyInfo then you’ll need to fill in an online form here and upload the relevant documents. You will be contacted within five business days. Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents before beginning your application.
You can also apply for the card at an OCBC Bank outlet, or if you already have an existing OCBC savings account, you can apply for the card at an OCBC ATM.
- 16 years old and above
- Have a savings account with OCBC
- A photocopy of your NRIC (both front and back) for citizens and PR
- Employment pass, work permit or student pass for foreigners
- A copy of your phone or utility bill for proof of address
Frequently asked questions
Are there exclusions for earning cash rebates?
Yes. You will only earn rebates from participating merchants.
Is there any minimum spending required to earn the rebates?
Yes. You will need to spend a minimum of S$400 per month to qualify for the 1% rebate. Otherwise, no rebate will be given.
What other fees and charges should I be aware of?
A $20 charge will be levied for a replacement card. While it is free to withdraw cash overseas on the OCBC ATM network, withdrawals from other ATMs will incur a withdrawal charge of 3% of the transaction amount (minimum S$5 and maximum S$20).
Always read the terms and conditions on each debit card provider you compare so you are fully aware of all the costs and fees you could face.