OCBC Voyage Card Review
Earn miles that never expire and take advantage of some awesome privileges when you sign up for the OCBC Voyage Card.
The OCBC Voyage Card gives you the chance to earn Voyage Miles, a unique miles currency that allows you to travel anywhere with any airline. You earn miles as you spend both locally and internationally, but the difference with this card is that your miles will never expire like they do on other miles programmes.
Voyage Miles are unique to the Voyage Card, obtained with the OCBS Voyage Card, OCBC Premier Voyage Card, OCBC Premier Private Client Voyage Card and the Bank of Singapore Vogage Card. While anyone can apply for the OCBS Voyage card as long as they meet the requirements, the Premier Voyage and Premier Private Client cards are reserved for Premier Banking and Premier Private Client customers. 1 Voyage Mile = 1 KrisFlyer Mile.
With tons of flexibility for miles redemption and no black-out dates, plus a concierge service, fuel discount and lots of travel privileges, the OCBS Voyage Card is worth checking out if you like to travel and want to be rewarded for doing so.
Benefits of using OCBC Voyage Card
- Complimentary Voyage Miles. When you sign up for the OCBC Voyage Card you’ll receive either 15,000 or 150,000 miles depending on which annual fee you choose to pay.
- Miles never expire. You don’t have to worry about using up your miles before a certain date. Once you have them in your account, they won’t expire. Ever.
- Options for redeeming miles. Redeem your Voyage Miles for flights, upgrades, retail vouchers or cash.
- No blackout dates. You can redeem your miles for any flight on any airline, with no blackout dates to work around.
- Personal concierge. Voyage Exchange can plan and organise all your lifestyle and travel needs any time of day. This includes getting invites to theatre and concerts, medical triage service, restaurant reservations, travel bookings, event planning and shopping assistance.
- Airport lounge access. Get complimentary access to over 80 VIP airport lounges around the globe.
- Limousine service. Spend a minimum of S$1,500 in foreign currency or S$3,000 in both local and foreign currency to earn up to 2 limousine transfers every month.
- Visa Infinite exclusive benefits. Special discounts, upgrades, offers and package deals on shopping, dining experiences, golf and travel.
- Fuel discount. Get 19% off at Caltex with no minimum spend.
Features of the OCBC Voyage Card
- Earn as you spend. When using your card locally, you earn 1.6 Voyage Miles for every $1 you spend on dining, and 1.2 Voyage Miles for other retail spend. For overseas transactions, you’ll get 2.4 Voyage Miles for every S$1 spent in foreign currency.
- Annual fee. Principal cardholders pay S$488 per annum and receive 15,000 complimentary miles, or S$3,210 and receive 150,000 miles. Supplementary cards have a S$188 yearly fee, but this is waived for the first year for the first two cards.
- Travel insurance. Get cover for up to S$1.5 million when you book your tickets with your OCBC Voyage Card.
- Use miles on STACK. Enjoy real-time points conversion across multiple rewards programmes on a single platform.
- Earn miles on non-credit card payments. Apply to earn Voyage Miles for payments you’ve made that are not on your credit card such as school fees or tax payments.
- KrisFlyer Miles admin fee waiver. If you convert your Voyage Miles to KrisFlyer Miles, the admin fee of $25 is waived.
How to apply for the OCBC Voyage Card?
To apply for the OCBC Voyage Card you can hit the green ‘Go to site’ button at the top of this page. From there you can fill in a short contact form and a representative from the bank will contact you to discuss your application.
Before applying you should make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the correct documentation handy if you are not already an OCBC cardholder. Existing OCBS cardholders are able to make their application through internet banking for instant approval.
- At least 21 years old
- Annual income of at least S$120,000
Your application can use personal information retrieved from MyInfo. If you are unable to use MyInfo, you will be asked to submit documents to support your application when you are contacted by OCBC. These documents could include:
- Photocopy of your NRIC or your passport
- 3 months’ computerised payslip; or
- Latest 12 months’ CPF statement; or
- Latest income tax notice of assessment
- A bill to show proof of address such as telephone or utility bill (for foreigners)
- Employment pass (for foreigners)
With miles that never expire and the ability to use them on any airline at any time, the OCBC Voyage Card certainly is a step ahead of other miles programmes. As well as features and benefits like included travel insurance, a personal concierge, lounge access and limousine service, we like the fact that you can even earn miles for payments that are not made on your credit card and you can convert your miles to other reward programmes through STACK.
There are many credit cards where you can earn air miles however, so do your research to make sure that the OCBC Voyage card is the right choice before applying.