OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card
Earn up to an 7% rebate on your spending plus a host of other benefits.
If you regularly shop at NTUC Fairprice, getting the OCBC Plus! Visa Debit card could be worth considering given the amount of rebates you get to earn. Plus, cardholders can enjoy savings on fuel, telco bills and other daily essentials in addition to LinkPoints rebates at over 200 participating Plus! merchants.
First year is free, after a S$24 per annum would be apply
Minimum Initial Deposit
James Martin is a senior writer at Finder. He has written on a range of finance and business topics for over five years and his work has been featured in publications including The Irish Times, Companies 100, In Business and Q Magazine (UK). As a trained journalist, James can drill into the finer details of financial products to help you save time and money. In his spare time, James is a committed sports fan, novel reader and Thai food enthusiast.
The downside of the card is that some of the rebates are disbursed in terms of LinkPoints, which will have to be redeemed separately. Compared to other cards which dole out cash rebates, the OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card will require an extra step to get your rewards.
Features of the OCBC Plus! Visa Debit card
- Rebates at FairPrice. Spend a minimum of S$200 each month outside of FairPrice and you’ll receive 4% off at Fairprice stores, Unity and Warehouse Club. You’ll also receive 3% at FairPrice On. If you spend a minimum of S$500 monthly outside of FairPrice this increases to 7% off at FairPrice stores, Unity and Warehouse Club.
- OCBC card benefits. Cardmembers can enjoy OCBC card benefits, including dining discounts, cashback on online shopping, regional privileges, fuel savings and 0% instalment plans with selected merchants.
- Fuel Savings. Enjoy fuel savings of up to 20.6% at Esso when you link your Esso Smiles account with your OCBC Plus! Account. Get an instant 18% off at Caltex.
- 1% LinkPoint rewards on Telco recurring bills
- Plus! App. Download the Plus! app to explore discounts and deals, collect stamps to redeem rewards from participating merchants and check your LinkPoints.
- Use your card instantly. When you open this debit card you will be able to use it instantly as a digital card.
- Visa Paywave. Cashless and convenient shopping experiences.
- Plus! Savings Account. You’ll need to open a Plus! Savings Account to apply for the OCBC Plus! Debit card. The account comes with a base interest rate of 0.1% p.a. for up to $50,000 cash deposit. You’ll earn 0.15% interest p.a. on the account for cash deposits between S$50,000 to $500,000.
- LinkPoints. Some rebates earned are in the form of LinkPoints. Every $1 spent earns 2 LinkPoints (with $20 minimum spending at FairPrice stores).
*Qualifying spending will have to be made outside of the FairPrice group of companies.
What costs and limits are there?
- Annual fee waiver. Your card fee of S$24 is waived for the first year. To earn an annual fee waiver for your OCBC Plus! Visa Debit Card, you must spend a minimum of at least S$1,200 in one year.
- Foreign currency charges. You’ll have to pay a 3% fee for foreign currency transactions. A 1% fee will also be charged if you spend Singapore Dollars overseas.
How to apply for the OCBC Plus! Visa Debit card?f you’ve decided that you would like to apply for the OCBC Yes! Debit Card, you can click the ‘Apply now’ button from there and follow the prompts. Singaporeans and permanent residents can use MyInfo to complete their application online.
If you aren’t able to use MyInfo then you’ll need to fill in an online form and upload the relevant documents. You will be contacted within five business days. Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents before beginning your application.
You can also apply for the card at an OCBC Bank outlet.
- 16 years old and above
- Have an OCBC Plus! Savings account.
- A photocopy of your NRIC (both front and back) for citizens and PR
- Employment pass, work permit or student pass for foreigners
- A copy of your phone or utility bill for proof of address
Compare a range of debit cards in Singapore
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.