If you are a regular shopper at FairPrice, Unity or Warehouse Club, the OCBC Plus! Visa Credit Card is worth considering. Not only can you get rebates of up to 7% off, but you can earn LinkPoints for shopping at other retailers and get savings on fuel and household bills.
You also get access to special discounts reserved for OCBC cardholders and your annual fee is waived when you spend more than S$2,500 in your first year.
Use this guide to find out everything you need to know about the OCBC Plus! Visa Credit Card.
- Cash rebates. As long as you spend S$500 a month on other transactions, you’ll get a 7% rebate for FairPrice stores, Unity and Warehouse Club, plus 3% at Fair Price online.
- LinkPoints rebates. Earn LinkPoints when you shop at over 200 participating Plus! Merchants.
- Daily essentials savings. Save on telco bills, fuel and other daily shopping.
- Fuel discounts. Enjoy up to 20% off fuel at Caltex and up to 20.3% off at ESSO.
- Annual fee. Principal cardholders pay S$107 per annum (waived for the first year). Annual fee is waived when you spend more than S$2,500 in your first year.
- ESSO Smiles Account. Link a new ESSO Smiles Account to your Plus! Visa and get great fuel savings.
- Plus! App. Download the Plus! App to your smartphone and easily check your LinkPoints balance, discover discounts and offers, and redeem rewards by collecting stamps from Plus! Partners.
- OCBC card discounts. Get access to a range of shopping, entertainment, dining and travel discounts exclusive to OCBC cardholders.
- STACK. Track and exchange points for various reward programmes in one single platform.
- Savings account. In addition to your OCBC credit card, you’ll have access to the Plus! Savings Account so you can build your savings.
You will be given the option to apply using MyInfo, or to fill in an application form and submit supporting documents. Before applying you should make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the correct documentation handy.
For fast approval, OCBC customers can use their internet banking to apply.
- At least 21 years old
- An annual income of at least S$30,000 for Singaporeans and PRs or S$45,000 for foreigners
The documents that you may be asked for include:
- Copy of your NRIC or your passport
- Half-yearly CPF statement
- Bank statement
- Phone or utility bill for proof of address
- Employment pass (for foreigners)
If you regularly shop at FairPrice but can also charge at least S$500 a month from other transactions to your card, then the OCBC Plus! Visa Credit Card is worth considering for the rebates. But while OCBC states the Plus! Visa Card as being ‘Singapore’s card of choice for savings year round’, there may be other rebate cards that you can benefit more from.
Make sure to compare this card with other options to find the right one to suit your shopping habits and lifestyle. If you are an NTUC Union member, check out what the NTUC Plus! Card has to offer below.
Back to top
NTUC Union members may prefer to choose this card as there is no annual fee as long as you have your NTUC membership. The same eligibility criteria applies in terms of age and income, and you’ll get the same benefits of the standard Plus! Card. The one stand out difference is the amount of rebate you get. Rather than 7% at FairPrice, Unity and Warehouse Group, you’ll enjoy up to 12%. Plus, you only need to spend a minimum of S$400 a month at other retailers instead of S$500. To apply for this card, hit the green ‘Go to site’ button at the top of this page to be taken to the OCBC website.