OCBC NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card
The card of choice for NTUC Union members. Earn cashback and enjoy fuel savings.
If you are already an NTUC Union member and would like to increase your rebate earning power, the NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card could be right for you. Cardholders can take advantage of savings on fuel, telco bills and other daily essentials in addition to LinkPoints rebates at over 200 participating Plus! merchants.
Minimum Initial Deposit
James Martin is a senior writer at Finder. He has written on a range of finance and business topics for over five years and his work has been featured in publications including The Irish Times, Companies 100, In Business and Q Magazine (UK). As a trained journalist, James can drill into the finer details of financial products to help you save time and money. In his spare time, James is a committed sports fan, novel reader and Thai food enthusiast.
With just a minimum outside spending of S$200, you get to earn 8% rebate on your purchases from the NTUC group of companies.
The downside of the card is that the rebates are disbursed in terms of LinkPoints, which will have to be redeemed separately. Compared to other cards which dole out cash rebates, the OCBC NTUC Plus! Visa Debit Card will require an extra step for the redemption of rewards.
Features of the OCBC NTUC Plus! Visa Debit card
- Rebates at FairPrice. The card offers an 8% rebate at NTUC FairPrice, Unity and warehouse club with a minimum monthly spend* of S$200. The rebate increases to 12% with a minimum monthly spend of S$400*.
- Rebates at FairPrice Online. Cardholders can earn a minimum of 7% rebate even when making their FairPrice purchases online.
- OCBC card benefits. Cardmembers can enjoy OCBC card benefits, including dining discounts, cashback on online shopping, regional privileges, fuel savings and 0% instalment plans with selected merchants.
- Fuel Savings. Enjoy fuel savings of up to 20.6% at Esso when you link your Esso Smiles account with your OCBC Plus! Account. Get an instant 18% off at Caltex.
- 1% LinkPoint rewards on Telco recurring bills.
- Plus! App. Download the Plus! app to explore discounts and deals, collect stamps to redeem rewards from participating merchants and check your LinkPoints.
- Interest-free instalment plans. Enjoy 6 or 12 months 0% interest payment plans at selected merchants
- Visa Paywave. Cashless and convenient shopping experiences.
- NTUC-OCBC Starter Account. You’ll need to open an NTUC-OCBC Starter Account to apply for the NTUC Plus! Debit card.
- Instant access to your card. When you apply through MyInfo you will receive an instant digital card that you can spend using your smartphone through a mobile wallet, online and for mobile app purchases.
*Qualifying spending will have to be made outside of the FairPrice group of companies.
What fees and limits apply?
Keep in mind the following fees and charges that apply:
- There is an annual fee of S$24, but this is waived for the first year.
- You need to be a NUTC member which is $117 per annum.
- An early account closure fee of S$30 applies if you close your account in the first six months.
- Cash withdrawal overseas with the debit card will also incur a fee equivalent to 3% of the withdrawal amount (minimum $5 / maximum S$20).
How do you apply for the OCBC NTUC Plus! Visa Debit card?
If you’ve decided that you would like to apply for the OCBC Yes! Debit Card, you can click the ‘Apply now’ button from there and follow the prompts. Singaporeans and permanent residents can use MyInfo to complete their application online.
If you aren’t able to use MyInfo then you’ll need to fill in an online form and upload the relevant documents. You will be contacted within five business days. Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents before beginning your application.
You can also apply for the card at an OCBC Bank outlet.
- 16 years old and above
- Is an NTUC Union member
- Has an NTUC-OCBC Starter Account
- A photocopy of your NRIC (both front and back) for citizens and PR
- Employment pass, work permit or student pass for foreigners
- A copy of your phone or utility bill for proof of address
Compare a range of debit cards in Singapore
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.