OCBC Frank Debit Card
One simple, stylish 3-in-1 card that works as your debit card, ATM card and transport card.
The OCBC Frank Debit Card is a 3-in-1 card that combines some of the functions of a debit card, ATM card and travel card. Additionally, it’s a rebate card that earns you 1% back when you shop, eat and ride with selected merchants.
Read on to find out what you need to know about the OCBC Frank Debit Card.
Minimum Initial Deposit
Fall below monthly fees
James Martin is a senior writer at Finder. He has written on a range of finance and business topics for over five years and his work has been featured in publications including The Irish Times, Companies 100, In Business and Q Magazine (UK). As a trained journalist, James can drill into the finer details of financial products to help you save time and money. In his spare time, James is a committed sports fan, novel reader and Thai food enthusiast.
The OCBC Frank Debit Card functions as a debit card, transport card and ATM card combined. The card also targets young spenders with its stylish card designs and easy-to-earn rebates. It might be worth considering for someone who is looking for a convenient payment tool that earns a 1% rebate on their daily spending. If you frequently make purchases from the list of qualifying merchants, the rebate could provide some useful monthly savings.
Cardholders also have the chance to benefit from OCBC card benefits. This makes a debit card a better choice than an ATM card which only allows withdrawal of money without any earning of rebates, special benefits or easy payment options. With the added value of access to Money In$ights on the Frank account, it could be a useful tool to help those who have just started work manage their money. Depending on your needs and lifestyle, there are many cards out there to choose from, so make sure to compare your options to find the right card for you.
What are the features of the OCBC Debit Card?
- Cash rebate. Unlimited 1% cash rebate is offered when you shop with selected merchants. Note a minimum spend of $400 is required. Here are some of the merchants that are included:
- Fast food: McDonald’s, Subway, Burger King
- Convenient stores: Cheers, 7-11
- Online stores: Zalora, Lazada, iHerb, Fairprice Online
- Transport : Grab, Comfort, CityCab, TADA, Go-Jek
- Earn higher interest rates. You’ll need to open a Frank account in order to have an OCBC Frank Debit card. The Frank account has a base interest rate of 0.20% p.a., which is a competitive rate. You’ll earn 0.2% for savings up to $25,000, 0.3% for savings up to $50,000 and 0.5% for savings over $50,000.
- Access to Money Insights. A tool that is built into every FRANK Account, Money Insight can help you analyse spending patterns and how you compare to your peers. The tool can increase your financial literacy by helping you set your monthly budget and spend limits.
- Annual fee waiver. Your card is free as long as you are subscribed to the Frank account.
- Visa payWave. Cashless and convenient shopping experiences.
- Frank Account. You’ll need to open a Frank Account to apply for the OCBC Frank Debit card. No initial deposit is required and there are no monthly fees if you are below 26 years old. If you’re 26 or older, your daily average balance must be at least S$1,000 or you’ll pay a monthly service fee of S$2.
- Card designs. Another cool selling point of the card is that you get to choose the design of your card from 120 designs, some of which feature local artists.
How much does the OCBC Debit Card cost?
Here are some of the costs to be aware of with this card:
- No annual fees
- The fee for your card design is between $0-$30 depending on the design you choose.
- You can replace a lost card twice per year for free, but if you need any more replacements you will have to pay $20. This does not include the card fee.
- If you want to change your card design a fee of $10-$30 applies.
- If your card is damaged or faulty, OCBC will not charge you a fee to replace it. However, if you want to change your card design, a fee of $10-$30 applies.
How to apply for the OCBC Frank Debit card
If you’ve decided that you would like to apply for the OCBC Frank Debit Card, you can click the ‘Apply now’ button from there and follow the prompts. Singaporeans and permanent residents can use MyInfo to complete their application online.
If you aren’t able to use MyInfo then you’ll need to fill in an online form and upload the relevant documents. You will be contacted within five business days. Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents before beginning your application.
You can also apply for the card at an OCBC Bank outlet.
- 16 years old
- Have an OCBC Frank account
- A photocopy of your NRIC (both front and back) for citizens and PR
- Employment pass, work permit or student pass for foreigners
- A copy of your phone or utility bill for proof of address