OCBC Cashflo Credit Card Review
Get up to S$100 in cash rebates every month.
S$0 annual fee for 2 years - S$160.50 thereafter
Effective Interest Rate
Min Income - Singaporean and PR
Read on to find out everything you need to know about the OCBC Cashflo Credit Card.
Benefits of using the OCBC Cashflo Credit Card
- Split payments. Each purchase you make over S$100 is divided into payments over either 3 or 6 months. If the amount is between S$100 and S$1,000, payments are divided over 3 months, and payments over S$1,000 are divided over 6 months.
- 0% interest. Split payments do not incur any interest for the agreed period. You’ll only be charged extra if you need an extension.
- Cash rebate. For monthly bills under S$1,000, you’ll earn 0.5% cash rebate; bills over S$1,000 receive a 1% rebate.
- First two years free. There’s no annual fee for this card for the first two years of card membership. You can also have the annual fee waived on your third year of card membership if you spend a minimum of S$10,000 on your OCBC Cashflo Credit Card in 12 months.
Features of the OCBC Cashflo Credit Card
- Annual fee. The annual fee for principal cardholders is S$160.50 p.a. (waived for the first 2 years) and supplementary cards have a S$80.25 fee per card (waived for the first 2 years).
- Installment extensions. Extend you payment installments by 3, 6 or 12 months and pay a small percentage on the outstanding amount.
- OCBC card benefits. Enjoy special OCBC credit card promos such as discounts on flights, dining, shopping, experiences and accommodation. For example, get 14% off petrol with Caltex when using your credit card.
How to apply for the OCBC Cashflo Credit Card?Before applying you should make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the correct documentation handy. Existing OCBC customers can apply through internet banking for fast approval.
- At least 21 years old
- An annual income of at least S$30,000 for Singaporeans and PRs or S$45,000 for foreigners
If you are a new customer, you will be asked to submit documents to support your application such as:
- Copy of your NRIC or your passport
- Proof of income
- Phone or utility bill for proof of address
- Employment pass (for foreigners)
- Supplementary card applicant details (if any)
The OCBC Cashflo Credit Card is worth considering if you like the idea of splitting payments over time without any interest being charged. This is beneficial if you tend to use your card more for larger purchases rather than everyday spend, because if you make a purchase of S$1,200, you’ll only pay back S$200 per month over 6 months.
Before applying, compare this card with others to make sure it’s the right one for you. If you like to travel, an air miles card may be a better choice, or you may find a cash rebate card with a better return.