Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card Review
Save money on your weekly expenses with the NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card.
The NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card is a rewards credit card that offers users a range of savings and discounts at participating retailers. Cardholders can get up to 20.3% off their fuel at Esso and 12% in rebates at FairPrice stores, giving you an effective way to cut the cost of your everyday bills. Read on to find out what you need to know about the NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card.
Benefits of the NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card
Signing up to the NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card brings with it a number of benefits. These include:
- Cash rebates. There is a diverse range of cash rebates available for cardholders, including rebates of up to 12% from FairPrice, Warehouse Club and Unity stores. Plus, get up to 8% off on monthly online purchases made at FairPrice. To secure these rebates, you’ll need to spend a minimum of S$400 monthly anywhere outside of FairPrice. Other terms and conditions will apply.
- Wide range of promotions. Cardholders will be able to utilise a range of promotions, both permanent and seasonal. NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Cards currently offer promotions with M1, Singtel, Starhub, Cheers, Esso and Caltex. If you’re signing up for a credit card, be sure to find out what promotions are available, so you can make the most of them.
- NTUC-OCBC starter account. You’ll be able to earn interest on balances in this starter account.
Features of the NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card
The NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card grants users access to features such as:
- No annual fee. Enjoy a $0 annual fee during your entire NTUC membership.
- Interest rate. The typical rate of interest on purchases is 26.76% p.a.
- Three supplementary cards. You’ll be able to link three supplementary cards to your NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card account. This can offer you and your family great flexibility.
- Extra six months’ validity on points. Cardholders will have an extra six months to use their LinkPoints. This can be the difference between wasted points and a “free” gift.
- Visa Checkout. Cardholders will be able to make the most of Visa Checkout and Visa PayWave. Just sign up for an account and link your NTUC Plus! card.
- Interest-free instalment plans. NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Cards allow you to break down some larger purchases into manageable payment schemes with zero-interest instalment plans. These are available at 1,000 partnered merchant outlets across Singapore.
- Plus! App. Cardholders will be able to download and use the Plus! App to help keep track of their finances. The app allows you to check LinkPoints, account balances and transaction histories, all in one place.
- Reward points. Card users will be able to accrue LinkPoints as they spend. Purchases earn points at differing rates, so be sure to check out which establishments offer the highest point-earning ceilings.
In order to apply for a Citibank NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Be a NTUC Union Member
- Have a minimum annual income of S$30,000 for Singaporeans and Singaporean PRs
- Have a minimum annual income of S$45,000 for foreigners
You’ll need to be able to prove your identity and demonstrate your income. You may be asked for any of the following documents, depending on the circumstances of your work:
- A copy of your NRIC/passport
- Latest original digital payslip
- Tax Notice of Assessment
- Last 12 months/CPF statements
- Bank statements
- Valid work permit (for foreigners)
If you’re looking to save on everyday spending, the NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card may be the right fit for you. Take advantage of frequent discounts and daily savings on gas, groceries and online shopping. However, there are many other rewards credit cards to compare before settling on the right one that fits your needs.
More guides on Finder
YouTrip vs Credit Card
Both prepaid cards and credit cards give you the option to shop with ease – here’s how they compare.
Best student debit cards
Enjoy convenient payments and a wide range of benefits with debit cards options that match the fast-paced lifestyles of students and young adults.
UOB Delight Credit Card Review
Get bonus rebates on groceries, contactless transactions and household bills with the UOB Delight Credit Card.
UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card Review
Earn rewards on your daily spending and save on shopping, dining, petrol and more with the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card.
UOB Professionals Platinum Card Review
Earn generous rewards when you spend with the UOB Professionals Platinum card including perks on dining, shopping and fuel.
UOB JCB Card Review
Earn accelerated rebates and get a one-year fee waiver with the UOB JCB Card.
UOB UnionPay Platinum Card
Earn 2% cash rebates with no minimum spend, enjoy fuel savings and more with UOB.
Best credit card travel promotions in Singapore
Signing up for a credit card with travel promotions can help you save money on your next trip away.
Best petrol credit cards
How to compare credit cards with some of the leading savings for fuel.
Best credit cards for golf
Find out how you can save on green fees, and enjoy a range of other cardholder perks with a credit card that offers golf rewards.