Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Compare no-frills fibre broadband deals to professional gaming packages. MyRepublic has plenty to offer.
Is MyRepublic broadband right for me?
- What MyRepublic broadband offers: A solid choice of plans appealing to both no-frills standard buyers and professional gamers.
- The highlights: Attractive add-ons including smart speakers and parental control features.
- Watch out for: Additional costs associated with installing fibre structures.
MyRepublic is a leading internet service provider in Singapore, with a subscriber base of over 200,000 across four different markets. Amongst the variety of services they offer, their primary service offered still remains fibre broadband services.
Read on to find out whether MyRepublic broadband is the best option for you.
Types of plans offered by MyRepublic Singapore
MyRepublic offers three different types of broadband plans: Broadband Plans, Dual Fibre Plans and GAMER Broadband Plans. All plans come at a speed of 1Gbps by default as well as the following waivers.
- Home phone line with unlimited local calls
- FREE Termination Point Installation (worth up to $160.50) for new customers
Standard Broadband Plans
Under their basic offering of fibre broadband, MyRepublic offers five simple solutions without any complex premiums or bundled add-ons. All basic MyRepublic broadband plans are 24-month contract plans, unless otherwise stated. Prices may range from $38.99 to $59.99 per month.
MyRepublic’s five basic broadband plans are:
- No Frills Broadband Plan (router not provided)
- TP-Link EC330 1Gbps Broadband
- ASUS RT-AC85MR 1Gbps Broadband
- ASUS RT-AX3000 1Gbps Broadband
- No Contract 1Gbps Broadband
For better WiFi coverage, consider MyRepublic’s Dual Fibre Plans – built to eliminate dreaded WiFi dead spots. Pricing can range from $50.99 to $59.99 per month.
The Dual Fibre Plans include:
- Deco M9 Plus WiFi Mesh 1Gbps
- Google Nest Wifi 1Gbps
- No Drills Dual Fibre Plan (comes with two 1Gbps fibre connections to your home)
- Google Nest Wifi Dual 1 Gbps
GAMER Broadband Plans
MyRepublic’s GAMER Broadband is dedicated to hard-core gamers: those who will not settle for anything but the best broadband. The price of these GAMER Broadband plans can range from $52.99 to $69.99 per month.
- GAMER 1Gbps (no router provided)
- ASUS ROG GT-AC5300 GAMER 1Gbps
- ASUS ROG GT-AX11000 GAMER 1Gbps
- No Frills Dual Gamer Plan (no router provided)
- Dual Gamer 1Gbps Broadband x2 Plan (comes with ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Gaming Router)
How does fibre broadband work?
Fibre broadband uses fibre optic cables to deliver high-speed data. This means you can connect multiple devices to the same Wi-Fi network while still enjoying high-speed, seamless online surfing.
Before considering a MyRepublic Singapore broadband plan, check if your home may be reached by fibre broadband. If your home has a termination point and fibre port, you may avoid additional installation costs.
Add-ons and bundled extras
MyRepublic offers a variety of add-ons and bundled extras with each plan. Here are some that you may be eligible to apply for, depending on your chosen plan.
- Home Voice
- WiFi Mesh
- Static IP
- Internet Security
- Cabling Services
- MySafe Parental Control
- TVB Anywhere
- PlayStation 4 Mega Pack 2 Bundle. Includes PlayStation 4, a DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller, a PlayStation Plus 3-month subscription, and various PS4 Games, in total being worth $449
- Sony Xperia 5 1Gbps Bundle. Receive a Sony Xperia worth $1,099
- PlayStation 4 Mega Pack 2 Bundle GAMER 1Gbps. Contains the same perks as the PlayStation 4 Mega Pack 2 Bundle, available to subscribers of MyRepublic’s gaming plans.
What to be aware of when signing up with MyRepublic Broadband
Do take note of the following additional costs that may apply when you sign up.
- NLT Service Activation fee. This could amount to $56.71.
- Service Installation fee. This could amount to $53.50.
Not sure if MyRepublic is the best plan for you? Check out our guide to choosing the best fibre broadband plans first.
Is my home ready for fibre broadband services? In order to enjoy fibre broadband at home, you must have the required fibre infrastructure in your neighbourhood and a termination point in your premises. As long as Netlink offers fibre infrastructure in your neighbourhood, you will be able to access fibre broadband once the termination point has been installed.
How is MyRepublic’s Gamer network better than its standard broadband network? MyRepublic offers a dedicated IP address range for users of their gaming network which allows for custom routing and bandwidth management. Enjoy ultra-fast download speeds and low latency when you game.
Are there any safety features I can use with my MyRepublic broadband? Yes. MyRepublic offers a MySafe parental control feature, which allows parents to set guidelines on how the household uses the internet, such as monitoring and restricting websites.
More guides on Finder
How to compare broadband for gaming
Common questions about gaming on a Singapore broadband plan answered.
WhizComms Broadband Review
WhizComms offers some of the most competitively-priced broadband plans in Singapore. Find out if they’re right for you.
Singtel Broadband Review
Singtel broadband comes with standard plans that offer attractive add-ons.
Viewqwest broadband offers a range of fast fibre plans to suit your wireless needs.
M1 Broadband Review
M1 broadband plans come with a range of features and add-ons for seamless streaming experiences.
Broadband bundles Singapore
Find out why bundling your broadband and home entertainment could help you to save.
Enjoy fast broadband speeds, 24/7 customer support, parental control features, and more with StarHub.
All about Fibre Broadband (FTTP)
If you want the fastest available broadband service, you want an FTTP-based NBN service. Here’s everything you should consider before choosing a plan.
Mobile Broadband Plans
A mobile broadband connection could be your best connectivity option if a physical broadband connection is unavailable.