Regardless of your age and health, a serious accident can significantly impact your life and those around you. With MSIG ProtectionPlus, you can rest assured that you or your family will be covered against the financial implications arising from the accident.
Learn more about MSIG ProtectionPlus, how it works and which level of cover is most suited to your needs.
- Affordable policy with a wide range of benefits
- Policy renewal bonus offers up to 30% increased cover for Death and Permanent Disablement
- Free cover for up to 3 children if both parents enrol at the same time
MSIG ProtectionPlus is a personal accident policy that provides financial benefits in the case of accidental death, disability and injury, plus all phases of suffering including hospitalisation, treatment, rehabilitation, recovery and even bereavement.
However, do note that a personal accident plan is only designed to cover potential gaps in your existing coverage – not replace your health or life insurance coverage.
There are 3 levels of cover (Silver, Gold and Platinum) under the MSIG ProtectionPlus policy, each with varying protection limits.
Enjoy a 30% discount on all MSIG ProtectionPlus plans when you apply online.
Terms and conditions apply. Valid until 19 Dec 2021.
MSIG’s ProtectionPlus offers 3 levels of cover: Silver, Gold and Platinum.
- S$100,000 for accidental death
- S$150,000 for permanent and total disablement
- Up to S$100,000 for permanent and partial disablement, including third-degree burns
- S$100 per week for temporary total disablement (up to 104 weeks)
- S$50 per week for temporary partial disablement (up to 104 weeks)
- S$1,000 for worldwide medical expenses
- S$50 per day (max $2,500) in hospitalisation cash benefit
- S$100 in recuperation benefit
- S$3,000 in bereavement grant
- Up to S$100,000 for terrorism cover (excluded from insurance renewable bonus)
- S$150,000 for accidental death
- S$225,000 for permanent and total disablement
- Up to S$150,000 for permanent and partial disablement, including third-degree burns
- S$300 per week for temporary total disablement (up to 104 weeks)
- S$150 per week for temporary partial disablement (up to 104 weeks)
- S$3,000 for worldwide medical expenses
- S$100 per day (max $5,000) in hospitalisation cash benefit
- S$250 in recuperation benefit
- S$5,000 in bereavement grant
- Up to S$150,000 for terrorism cover (excluded from insurance renewable bonus)
- S$250,000 for accidental death
- S$375,000 for permanent and total disablement
- Up to S$250,000 for permanent and partial disablement, including third-degree burns
- S$600 per week for temporary total disablement (up to 104 weeks)
- S$300 per week for temporary partial disablement (up to 104 weeks)
- S$5,000 for worldwide medical expenses
- S$200 per day (max $10,000) in hospitalisation cash benefit
- S$500 in recuperation benefit
- S$10,000 in bereavement grant
- Up to S$250,000 for terrorism cover (excluded from insurance renewable bonus)
Here’s a side-by-side comparison of benefits for each level of cover:
|Permanent and total disablement||S$150,000||S$225,000||S$375,000|
|Permanent and partial disablement||Up to S$100,000||Up to S$150,000|
Up to S$250,000
|Temporary total disablement (TTD)||S$100 per week||S$300 per week||S$600 per week|
|Temporary partial disablement (TPD)||S$50 per week||S$150 per week||S$300 per week|
|Worldwide medical expenses||S$1,000||S$3,000||S$5,000|
|Hospitalisation cash benefit||S$50 per day (max S$2,500)||S$100 per day (max S$5,000)||S$200 per day (max S$10,000)|
|Terrorism||Covered up to the sums insured on death at the first inception of the insurance|
|Permanent and total disablement||S$15,000||S$22,500||S$37,500|
*Information provided in the table is accurate as of 23 November 2021.
Insurance renewable bonus
For every consecutive year you renew your MSIG ProtectionPlus policy and made no claim in the preceding year, you’ll be entitled to a 10% increased cover for the Death and Permanent Disablement benefit (up to the third renewal).
This means that you’ll be covered up to 30% more from the fourth year onwards at no extra cost.
The premium rates are based on the risk classification for your occupation, as each type poses a different level of workplace risk.
Here are the premium rates for MSIG ProtectionPlus for adults, as of 23 November 2021:
|Group 1 occupations|
|Applicant and spouse||$233.80||$396.44||$660.73|
|Group 2 occupations|
|Applicant and spouse||$288.69||$487.92||$813.20|
|Group 3 occupations|
|Applicant and spouse||$386.27||$660.73||N/A|
*Premium rates are inclusive of 7% GST.
If you and your spouse enrol for the policy at the same time, up to 3 of your children can be covered for free.
However, if only 1 parent enrols for the policy, up to 3 children can be covered at the following premium rates, which are accurate as of 10 September 2021:
*Premium rates are inclusive of 7% GST.
MSIG ProtectionPlus policy will not pay for claims/incidents related to the following:
- Radioactive, electromagnetic, chemical, biological or biochemical causes
- Acts of war, terrorism or invasion
- Pre-existing physical or mental defect or infirmity
- Influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs
- Extreme sports and activities
- Injury caused by suicide, self-injury or wilful exposure to peril
- Air travel except as a passenger in a fully licensed passenger carrying aircraft
*The full details of the exclusions are contained in the policy document.
You may file a claim online – including via your mobile phone – on their website. Alternatively, you can also download a copy of the claim form or request for the form to be sent to you. The “Medical Report” section of the claim form should be completed by your attending doctor.
Be sure to provide the following along with your claim form, if applicable:
- Original medical bills or receipts
- Medical report/discharge summary
- Medical certificates (if applicable)
- Death certificate and Letters of Administration/Probate (if applicable)
- Police report (if applicable)
- Coroner’s findings/post-mortem report/toxicological report (if applicable)
- Documentary proof of relationship between deceased and claimant (if applicable)
MSIG ProtectionPlus is available for all Singapore residents and their dependents:
- Individuals between 18 and 65 years old
- Legal spouse of the policyholder, between 18 and 65 years old
- Biological or legally adopted children of the policyholder:
- Must be unmarried
- Between 1 and 18 years old (or up to 23 years old if pursuing a full-time education in a recognised tertiary institution)
With a presence in Singapore for over 100 years, MSIG is a well-trusted brand in Singapore and one of Asia’s leading general insurers. The brand is one of the few foreign‑based general insurers that offer a wide range of personal and commercial insurance solutions.
MSIG Insurance (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MSI and a member of the MS&AD Insurance Group.
If you’re looking for affordable and well-rounded accident protection, the MSIG ProtectionPlus plan is certainly one to consider – thanks to its wide array of benefits and family perks.
Not only does it grants your spouse a discounted rate when you both enrol under the same policy, but the plan also provides up to 3 free child covers. However, do bear in mind that MSIG ProtectionPlus child coverage only extends to death, total and permanent disablement, and medical expenses.
MSIG ProtectionPlus also stands out with its generous permanent disablement limit, which is 150% of the sum insured.
Finder does not provide the products and services listed on its website (including insurance policies) to users. We do not assume any risk or undertake any liability under any insurance policies that we may provide information on.
There is no insurance agency relationship created between Finder and the user. We do not negotiate, service or effect insurance contracts on your behalf or on behalf of the insurer or insurance broker. We do not act as your agent.