Maybank Platinum Debit Card review
Transact conveniently and earn reward points from your everyday spending.
The Maybank Platinum Debit Card is available for all Maybank account holders for convenient day-to-day spending and cash withdrawal. With every S$5 spent, you’ll also earn TREATS Point, which may be used to redeem attractive dining offers, shopping discounts and more.
Use this guide to compare the features and benefits of the Maybank Platinum Debit Card so you can decide if it’s the right card for you.
Minimum Initial Deposit
Benefits of using a Maybank Platinum Debit Card
The Maybank Platinum Debit Card offers cardholders a number of benefits:
- Mastercard perks and promotions. Enjoy exclusive deals at all Mastercard partner merchants.
- TREAT Points. Earn 1 TREATS point for every $5 spent on eligible retail and online transactions.
- Rewards and privileges. TREAT points may be redeemed for a wide array of dining offers, frequent flyer miles, shopping promos, spa treatments and more.
Features of the Maybank Platinum Debit Card
Here are the features you should consider:
- [Ljava.lang.String;@3dfb6a2ecompatibility. Pay for your purchases securely from your Samsung Galaxy devices at most retailers in Singapore.
- S$0 overseas ATM withdrawals in selected countries. Enjoy free overseas cash withdrawal from Maybank ATMs located in Malaysia, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
- TransitLink SimplyGo. Pay for your transport fees conveniently by tapping your card on public trains and bus rides with Mastercard contactless.
- Mobile payment technology. Enjoy the convenience of contactless payments at any Mastercard merchants around the world.
- Enhanced card security. You’ll be required to input a One-Time Authorisation Code (which will be sent to your mobile device) or 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) token when you shop at participating 3-D Secure merchants. In addition, you’ll also receive a SMS transaction alert when your card is used for any retail or online purchases at or above the pre-defined threshold amount of $500 (or foreign equivalent).
How to apply for the Maybank Platinum Debit Card
To apply for the Maybank Platinum Debit Card, simply request for it from your internet banking account. Alternatively, you can proceed to any Maybank branches or ATMs.
- Be at least 16 years old years or older
- Singaporean, Singapore permanent resident or foreigner with a valid visa
- Must hold a Maybank savings or current account
- Photocopy of your NRIC (front and back); or
- Photocopy of your passport with at least 6 months validity; or
- Duly completed and signed application form
You have to submit a photocopy of your passport with at least six months’ validity, or a valid National Registration Identity Card (NRIC).
Compare a range of debit cards in Singapore
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.