Applying for a Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card will afford you benefits that include:
- 3.2 air miles per S$1. For every dollar you spend on dining, petrol, Grab, taxis or hotel bookings at Agoda.com, you’ll earn 3.2 air miles (8X TREATS Points). This is eight times more than Maybank’s regular reward points scheme. Requires a minimum spend of $300 per month to qualify.
- 2 air miles per S$1. For every dollar you spend on airline tickets, travel packages and on foreign currency (online purchases or overseas spending), you’ll make 2 air miles (5X TREATS Points). Requires a minimum spend of $300 per month to qualify.
- Complimentary travel insurance. You’ll receive Travel insurance coverage of up to S$1,000,000 when you book the entirety of your fare through the Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card.
- Airport lounge access. Access to a number of airport VIP lounges across the world by using your card. You must make a single retail transaction over S$1,000 in the 3 months before you travel to gain this benefit. Be sure to check which lounges Maybank is partnered with before you travel. Accompanying guest(s) are also entitled to 20% off walk-in rates for lounge access at participating Plaza Premium Lounge outlets.
- Sign-up offer. Get S$100 cash credit when you apply, charge to your card and withdraw from your CreditAble account with a minimum of S$250 for each of the first two months upon approval. T&Cs apply. Ends 31 Dec 2020.
- Reward points. As a Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card user you will be able to collect TREATS reward points on all purchases. TREATS reward points can be used to purchase a variety of goods and services.
- Global ATM withdrawals. You will be able to make withdrawals from ATMs worldwide. Be sure to double-check the fees and surcharges that may exist when making transactions overseas.
- Samsung Pay. Link your Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card to your smartphone with Samsung Pay. Samsung Pay is supported by a large majority of retailers across SIngapore.
- Fee waivers. Your annual credit card fee will be automatically waived for the first 3 years and will cost S$180 after that. You can get that fee waived by spending over S$18,000 each year.
- Free supplementary card. You can link a supplementary card to your account for no additional fee.
In order to apply for a Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Earn a minimum income of S$30,000 for Singapore citizens, S$45,000 for Malaysian citizens in employment for at least 1 year and for expatriates in employment for at least 1 year.
- Your identification, including your Singapore ID (NRIC) or passport.
- Income and employment details.
- Income tax notice of assessment.
Expatriates will also be required to show the following evidence:
- Proof of current residential address.
- Employment Pass that’s valid for at least six months.
- A company letter stating proof of employment of at least one year.
If you travel a lot, you should be looking for a credit card that earns you as many air miles as possible. With the Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card, you can receive additional airline miles on everyday purchases.