Applying for a Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card will afford you benefits that include:
- 3.2 air miles per S$1. For every S$1 you spend on dining, petrol, taxis or hotel bookings at Agoda.com, you’ll earn 3.2 air miles. This is eight times more than Maybank’s regular reward points scheme.
- 2 air miles per S$1. For every S$1 you spend on airline tickets, travel packages and in foreign currency, you’ll make 2 air miles. This is twice the regular reward point rate.
- Complimentary travel insurance. You’ll receive Travel insurance coverage of up to S$1,000,000 when you book the entirety of your fare through the Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card.
- Airport lounge access. Access to a number of airport VIP lounges across the world by using your card. You must make a single retail transaction over S$1,000 in the 3 months before you travel to gain this benefit. Be sure to check which lounges Maybank is partnered with before you travel.
- Sign-up offer. Receive an American Tourister Linex 66/24 Luggage TSA (worth S$260) when you charge to your card or withdraw from your CreditAble account with a minimum of S$300 within the first two months.
- Reward points. As a Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card user you will be able to collect TREATS reward points on all purchases. TREATS reward points can be used to purchase a variety of goods and services.
- Global ATM withdrawals. You will be able to make withdrawals from ATMs worldwide. Be sure to double-check the fees and surcharges that may exist when making transactions overseas.
- Samsung Pay. Link your Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card to your smartphone with Samsung Pay. Samsung Pay is supported by a large majority of retailers across SIngapore.
- Fee waivers. Your annual credit card fee will be automatically waived for the first 3 years and will cost S$180 after that. You can get that fee waived by spending over S$18,000 each year.
- Free supplementary card. You can link a supplementary card to your account for no additional fee.
In order to apply for a Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Earn a minimum income of S$30,000 for Singapore citizens, S$45,000 for Malaysian citizens in employment for at least 1 year and for expatriates in employment for at least 1 year.
- Your identification, including your Singapore ID (NRIC) or passport.
- Income and employment details.
- Income tax notice of assessment.
Expatriates will also be required to show the following evidence:
- Proof of current residential address.
- Employment Pass that’s valid for at least six months.
- A company letter stating proof of employment of at least one year.
If you travel a lot, you should be looking for a credit card that earns you as many frequent flyer points as possible. With the Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card, you can receive additional airline miles on everyday purchases.