With the Maybank Family & Friends Card you can earn cash rebates on groceries, transport and more.
Maybank offers a broad range of credit cards including personal credit cards, business credit cards and student cards. The Maybank Family & Friends card gives members up to 8% cash rebates on select spending with minimum purchases of S$1,000 per month.
We’ll help you decide if the Maybank Family & Friends Card is right for you.
|Product Name||Maybank Family & Friends Card|
|Reward||8% cash rebates on groceries, transport and selected merchants with S$1,000 min. monthly spend|
|Effective Interest Rate||25.9%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 20 days|
|Maximum Credit Limit||Up to 4X of monthly income|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of outstanding balance or S$20, whichever is higher|
|Go to site|
Benefits of the Maybank Family & Friends Card
- Cash rebates. Enjoy 8% cash rebates on groceries, transport (including bus, train, taxi and Grab rides) and purchases at select merchants. Keep in mind, you’ll have to spend the minimum of S$1,000 per month in order to be eligible for the rebates. If not, you can earn 5% cash rebates at select merchants if you spend a minimum of S$500 per month. All other purchases come with cash rebates of 0.3%.
- Annual fee waiver. 3-year fee waiver for the principal card. After the first 3 years, if you spend the minimum of S$12,000 per year, the annual fee will be also be waived.
- Increased Maybank Family Plus interest. If you have a Maybank Family Plus account, you can earn up to 3 times the interest on the first S$30,000 of your child’s savings.
- Perks and privileges. You can enjoy privileges at a range of attractions, restaurants, health and wellness centres, tourist attractions and more across Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.
- Sign-up offer. Receive an American Tourister Linex 66/24 Luggage TSA (worth S$260) when you charge to your card or withdraw from your CreditAble account with a minimum of S$300 within the first two months.
Features of the Maybank Family & Friends Card
Here are further details of this card’s features:
- Annual fee. The first 3 years of card membership will be free, but subsequent years will be subject to an annual fee or S$180 unless you meet the minimum spend of S$12,000.
- Contactless payments. You can conveniently pay faster without having to swipe your card.
- Mobile payments. With Samsung Pay, you can use your phone to pay at retailers across Singapore.
- Free supplementary card. You can get a supplementary Maybank Family & Friends Card for free with membership.
- JetQuay discounts. Enjoy discounted and complimentary services at the JetQuay terminal at Changi Airport.
To apply for the Maybank Family & Friends Card click on the green “Go to Site” button. To be eligible for the card, you need to meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Earn an annual income of at least:
- S$30,000 for Singaporean citizens or permanent residents
- S$45,000 for Malaysian citizens who have been employed for at least 1 year
- S$60,000 for foreigners who have been employed for at least 1 year
When applying you will need to provide:
- Proof of identification. This includes a Singaporean ID or a valid passport.
- Proof of income and employment. Depending on your employment status, this may include a photocopy of your NRIC, latest 12 months’ CPF contribution history, payslips and/ or an Income Tax Notice of Assessment.
- Required documentation for foreigners. If you aren’t a Singaporean citizen or permanent resident, you’ll need to provide a valid employment pass, utility bill or bank statement and a letter stating your proof of employment.