Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
M1 Broadband Review
Compare fibre broadband perks, special promotions and M1 bundles.
Is M1 broadband right for me?
- What M1 broadband offers: A range of plans, from standard broadband services to professional gaming networks.
- The highlights: Attractive add-ons including ASUS Wireless routers, Apple TV + and Lyra Voice speakers.
- Watch out for: Additional costs associated with installment of fibre infrastructure
M1 Singapore is one of the largest original telcos in Singapore, offering an extensive variety of mobile plans and products. Read on to find out if M1 Broadband is right for you.
Types of plans offered by M1 Singapore
M1 generally offers two types of contract broadband service plans: 12-month and 24 month. Across its various plans, M1 offers a few common features which include 4G Mobile Broadband, Fixed Voice Service and ONT Activation.
The M1 12-Month 500 Mbps Plan
For $39.90 per month, this plan comes with Fixed Voice Services and ONT Activation. You can choose to enhance your Wi-Fi and enjoy seamless online surfing by adding on M1’s ASUS RT-AC2600 Wireless Router at $120.
The M1 24-Month 500 Mbps Plan
For $29.90 per month, you can enjoy 4G Mobile Broadband, Fixed Voice Services and an ONT Activation waiver. Add-ons include the ASUS RT-AC2600 Wireless Router for smoother wireless surfing ($5 per month). You may also purchase a Google Nest Hub and receive a free Mi Home Security Camera 360 for a top-up of $6 a month. Alternatively, if you’re a lover of good-quality sound, you might want to try adding on an ASUS Lyra Voice at $15 per month and enjoy a smart-speaker experience.
The M1 24-Month 1Gbps Plan
For $39.90 per month, you can enjoy 4G Mobile Broadband, Fixed Voice Services and an ONT Activation waiver. Besides the add-on options available for the M1 24-Month 500 Mbps Plan, you can also receive ASUS ZenWiFi AC for $10 per month, Apple TV+ and a free Apple iPad at $23.90 per month, a Lyra Trio at $10 per month, a Linksys Velos at $10 per month or a Linksys Velos Tri-Band at $15 per month.
New M1 customers subscribing to this plan get a complimentary ASUS RT-AC2600 Wireless Router worth $299.
The M1 12-Month 1Gbps Plan
Enjoy an upgraded version of the M1 12-month 500 Mbps plan for S49.90 per month. Similar to the other plans, this M1 plan gives you the option to add on an ASUS RT-AC2600 Wireless Router at S$120 for a better web-surfing experience.
The M1 24-Month 1Gbps Plan GamePro
Are you a gamer? Then this M1 plan might be the thing for you. For $52 per month, enjoy a free Gaming Router at $Powered with Killer Prioritization Engine for a lag-free experience. You’ll also receive the 4G Mobile Broadband, Fixed Voice Services and ONT Activation waiver that come with the other M1 plans. M1’s gamer-targeted plan priorities low latency and offers custom network routes to overseas servers to provide the best gaming experience.
How does fibre broadband work?
Fibre broadband uses a network of fibre optic cables to deliver high-speed data. At home, that means quicker streaming, fewer lags and more devices on the same network. As our lifestyles become more technology-dependent, it’s important to have Wi-Fi that can handle multiple devices browsing the web at the same time.
Before considering an M1 Singapore broadband plan, check if your home may be reached by fibre broadband through a quick google search. If your home has a termination point and fibre port, you may avoid additional installation costs. These costs differ based on the type of house you live in (HDB versus private housing).
M1 product highlights
- Newbie perks. New M1 customers enjoy a free ASUS wireless router when they sign up for the MM1 24-month 1 Gbps plan.
- Attractive bundles. From streaming Apple TV + to enjoying a brand new smart-speaker, there’s definitely an M1 add-on that could appeal to you.
- Strong customer support. Need some help with your M1 product? Customer service is available to help daily from 9am-9pm.
Special promotions with M1
- M1 x Keppel Electric. Enjoy 3 months free on M1’s 1Gbps Fibre Broadband plan if you sign up with Keppel Electric.
- KrisFlyer deals. Receive 1,000 free KrisFlyer miles when you sign up for M1’s 24-month Fibre Broadband 1Gbps and above plans. Enjoy double the miles if you’re an Elite Gold or PPS Club member.
- M1 Multi-Service Saver. Enjoy up to 30% off your mobile subscriptions when you sign up for 2 mobile lines and a Fibre Broadband plan.
What to be aware of when signing up for M1 plans
Take note of the following potential charges before you sign up with M1.
- A standard, one-time registration fee of $58.85 for fibre activation and $90 for ONT activation
- Cancellation or modification of your ONT or TP appointment can cost you between $33 to $290 depending on your type of appointment and your housing location
- Fibre relocation charges of $58.85 if your service address is charged
- Costs associated with installation of termination points, cabling and manpower which can add up to a few hundred dollars
Why do I need Fibre Home Broadband?
Fibre home broadband allows you to enjoy high Wi-Fi speeds for all your surfing needs. With the increasing availability of high bandwidth applications such as HD video streaming, Fibre Home Broadband will be able to provide you with the speed to meet your needs.
Am I eligible to sign up for an M1 plan?
In order to sign up for Fibre Home Broadband, your premises would need to be “home reached” or “home pass and ready for service” according to information provided by NetLink Trust.
I do not have a fibre optic termination point installed at my home yet, what can I do to sign up for M1 Broadband?
If your premise is certified ready for service by NetLink Trust, M1 will be able to help you to arrange for the fibre termination point to be installed by NetLink Trust’s contractors.
How long does it take to activate my M1 Broadband?
It will take approximately 7 working days.
More guides on Finder
Oppo Find X2 Pro review
Oppo’s latest flagship delivers on its promises of power and a great camera. It has all the features of a pemium phone for a more attractive price.
Nokia 5.3 review
The Nokia 53 continues HMD Global’s journey in providing solid Android experiences with the benefits of photographic flexibility.
NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card Review
The NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card offers cashback and discounts at a range of retailers and service providers, including up to 12% in rebates at FairPrice stores.
How to compare broadband for gaming
Common questions about gaming on a Singapore broadband plan answered.
WhizComms Broadband Review
WhizComms offers some of the most competitively-priced broadband plans in Singapore. Find out if they’re right for you.
Singtel Broadband Review
Singtel broadband comes with standard plans that offer attractive add-ons.
Viewqwest broadband offers a range of fast fibre plans to suit your wireless needs.
MyRepublic’s plans come with attractive add-ons and promotions.
Best Fibre Broadband Plans
A guide to help you choose the best Fibre broadband plans.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) getting financial help in Singapore
Help with financial relief, insurance, Government stimulus packages, and more on where to get support during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.