Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to send money to Kiribati
The best ways to send money from Singapore to Kiribati.
Money transfers are a fact of life for many people. If you make frequent transfers to Kiribati, you’ll want to compare your options and find a service that keeps your costs low while allowing you to send more to your loved one in Kiribati. And since the Kiribati dollar is pegged to the Australian dollar, you’ll have plenty of options when you’re looking to send money overseas.
Compare international money transfers to Kiribati
Banks vs money transfer companies
While your bank may be your first choice when it comes to making money transfers, it may not be the best choice. Banks often charge high fees and offer low exchange rates, making them a poor choice when you’re looking to send money to Kiribati.
Money transfer companies, on the other hand, offer much better deals for most people. Fees tend to be lower, exchange rates more favorable and transfer times faster. You can find multiple companies that will convert Australian dollars at good rates, so take the time to compare your options and find one that offers you the best deal.
What ways can I send money to Kiribati from Singapore?
- Specialist transfer providers. There are several providers that make SGD-AUD transfers, but make sure that you check and see if it will send Australian dollars to a recipient in Kiribati.
- Cash pickup transfer companies. Cash pickup allows your recipient to quickly collect cash from one of many agent locations. However, they do run the risk of being stolen from if you send a large amount of money.
- Bank transfers. Bank-to-bank transfers to Kiribati may be possible, but you will likely face high fees and a less optimal exchange rate.
- International checks. Sending an international guaranteed check is a slow and potentially expensive option, but it is a common option.
Foreign exchange rates explainedExchange rate is the amount you’ll get when you trade one currency for another. The Kiribati dollar is pegged to the Australian dollar, which means these are of equal value. So when you’re sending money to Kiribati, you’ll only need to calculate the exchange rate between SGD and AUD. This amount can fluctuate, so it pays to keep tabs on it and send money when your Singapore dollars will yield more Australian dollars.
How do I send money to Kiribati?
- Pick a provider from the table above by comparing exchange rates and fees.
- Create an account with the provider by entering your personal information.
- Start a transaction, enter your recipient’s information and select how much you want to send.
- Pay for your transfer and save the tracking number.
Same-day transfers to Kiribati
There are companies that allow you to send money to Kiribati quickly without charing exorbitant fees. Companies like WorldRemit offer quick transfers that won’t break the bank, and you may even be able to score a decent exchange rate. However, take a little extra time to compare your options and find a provider that meets all your criteria. Don’t let a rush stop you from getting a good deal.
Tips for picking up cash in Kiribati
Picking up cash from a transfer provider can make you a target for thieves, so keep a few simple safety tips in mind when collecting funds:
- Don’t go alone — ask a friend to join you.
- Don’t pick up cash in any area where you don’t feel safe.
- Don’t display your cash in public.
- Don’t carry funds around with you for any longer than you need to.
Kiribati may be a small country, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have options when you want to send money to a loved one. Because it uses the Australian dollar, you’ll have multiple choices when it comes to comparing rates and fees. And if you’re not quite sure how the process works, our in-depth guide on money transfers should help you navigate the details.
More guides on Finder
UOB JCB Card Review
Earn accelerated rebates and get a one-year fee waiver with the UOB JCB Card.
How to buy Robinhood stock from Singapore
Robinhood is expected to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from Singapore.
Where can I find cheap stock brokerage in Singapore?
Looking for a cheap way to buy and sell shares on the SGX and other international exchanges? Your guide to finding cheap stock brokerage in Singapore here.
Apps and bank accounts to split bills with friends
Compare a range of banks and apps that let you split bills, request money and send payments to friends.
How to buy stock in Airbnb (ABNB) in Singapore
This vacation-rental giant has finally gone public. Learn how to invest in Airbnb in Singapore.
International bank accounts
International bank accounts combine a range of benefits into one package, so read on to see if opening an international account is right for you.
Guide to opening a bank account in Singapore for international students
If you’re an international student in Singapore, having a local bank account can help you manage your finances with ease.
Citibank exchange rates
Check out today’s Citibank exchange rates and see how much your currency exchange will cost.
Best Visa debit cards
Make payments conveniently at over 61 million merchants across the world with a Visa debit card. Find out which banks in Singapore offer them.