Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to send money to Guinea-Bissau
Compare your options before sending money to Guinea-Bissau to see if you can get a better deal.
If you want to send money to Guinea-Bissau, it’s a good idea to see what services are available and then compare them across factors like fees, rates and transfer speed.
We’ve done the hard work for you by compiling a list of services that send money to Guinea-Bissau below.
How much does it cost to send money to Guinea-Bissau? Compare your options
Enter the details of your transfer into the table below. It will crunch the numbers and show you how much your transfer may cost depending on which service you choose.
What's in this guide?
- How much does it cost to send money to Guinea-Bissau? Compare your options
- Step-by-step: How to send money to Guinea-Bissau
- What's the best way to send money to Guinea-Bissau?
- How long will it take to send money to Guinea-Bissau?
- Documentation you'll need to send money to Guinea-Bissau
- What to compare to get the best deal
- Cash pick-up locations in Guinea-Bissau
Step-by-step: How to send money to Guinea-Bissau
To send money to Guinea-Bissau:
- Compare your options here and find the service you want to use.
- Create an account on its website, wait to be verified, then start a new transfer.
- Fill out the details of your transfer, including the amount and the recipient’s information.
- Check that all the details are correct, then make your payment. You will generally receive a confirmation message once your funds arrive.
What’s the best way to send money to Guinea-Bissau?
There are several options for sending money transfers. The main ones include:
Money transfer services
This option has the widest range of pick-up options for your recipient. For example, you may be able to choose between bank account payment or cash pick-up. They also tend to have lower fees and better rates than the other choices.
Cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram let you send funds to Guinea-Bissau where it will be available as a cash pick-up for the recipient.
You may be able to send money to Guinea-Bissau with certain banks. However, where available this may be slower and more expensive than other options.
Let’s crunch the numbers: Sending S$1,000 to Guinea-Bissau
The table below shows how much it would cost to send S$1,000 with two different options, so you can get a sense of how costs vary with different options.
One of these services is an express cash transfer, while the other is a money transfer service which delivers to the recipient’s bank account.
|Cash transfer||Transfer service|
|Exchange rate||1 SGD = 420.9091 XOF||1 SGD = 419.9331 XOF|
|Transfer speed||In minutes||1-2 days|
|Total escudos received||XOF420,909||XOF419,933|
|Overall||XOF976 more||XOF976 less|
In this case, the cash transfer service offers a better exchange rate, lower fees and faster transfer speed.
How long will it take to send money to Guinea-Bissau?
How long it takes to send money to Guinea-Bissau will depend largely on how many bank transfers are involved en route. A transfer from you to an overseas money transfer service could take a day or two, and when the transfer service delivers the money to the recipient’s bank account it can also take another business day or two.
As such, the fastest transfers will typically involve paying by card or cash and having the funds delivered to your recipient through cash pick-up or mobile money services.
Emergency cash transfer
If you want to get money to Guinea-Bissau as fast as possible, consider looking for cash transfer services such as MoneyGram or Western Union to facilitate your transfer.
You can look for a place to pay with cash locally, and then opt to have the money delivered to the recipient as cash. However, they will still need to travel to the pick-up location during its business hours.
How to send money to Guinea-Bissau without a bank account
If you don’t have a bank account, you can still send money to Guinea-Bissau by paying with cash at a money transfer service agent in your location.
This method can also let you send cash when the recipient doesn’t have a bank account.
Documentation you’ll need to send money to Guinea-Bissau
You’ll typically need to provide some information when sending money to Guinea-Bissau which can include:
- Documentation. You will be asked to provide proof of your identity such as your government-issued ID or a passport to present evidence of a reason to send money to Guinea-Bissau.
- Personal details. This includes your name, your address, contact details and other information.
- Transfer information. You will need to provide the transfer details, including the amount and the currencies.
- Recipient’s information. Transfer services will also need recipient details, including their names and contact information
What to compare to get the best deal
To find the deal that’s best for you, look at more than just the fees – but don’t discount them entirely.
- Fees. How much does the transfer service charge in flat costs for the transfer?
- Exchange rates. This is how much of one currency you get for another. It can vary widely between transfer services and can make even more of a difference to the total costs than the fees do.
- Transfer speed. How long will the payment take end-to-end? Consider the time it will take for you to make the deposit, as well as for the transfer service to send the payment onwards, or the recipient to collect the funds.
- Payment options. These are the different options you have when paying for the transfer. Typical choices may include bank transfer, card or cash.
- Delivery methods. This refers to the different ways the recipient can get the money. They might have it sent directly to their bank account, available as cash at an agent, or sent to their mobile phone.
- Customer service. This is who to call if something goes wrong.
Foreign exchange rates explained
To work out how good a service’s exchange rates are, you’ll want to look at the mid-market exchange rate. This is the official rate and the one you can see on Google or below.
By comparing a transfer service’s exchange rate to the mid-market rates, you can work out as a precise percentage how much you’re paying on foreign exchange fees.
Cash pick-up locations in Guinea-Bissau
More guides on Finder
Neat Business review
Learn how Neat works in Singapore and what your business stand to gain with their e-payments platform.
UOB JCB Card Review
Earn accelerated rebates and get a one-year fee waiver with the UOB JCB Card.
Best credit card travel promotions in Singapore
Signing up for a credit card with travel promotions can help you save money on your next trip away.
Guide to PayNow
Send and receive payments quickly and securely with PayNow.
Apps and bank accounts to split bills with friends
Compare a range of banks and apps that let you split bills, request money and send payments to friends.
KGI Securities Review
Learn more about KGI Securities’ online and mobile trading platform, KTrader and whether it suits your investment style.
Guide to opening a bank account in Singapore for international students
If you’re an international student in Singapore, having a local bank account can help you manage your finances with ease.
POSB Digital Banking review
POSB digital banking helps you manage your money anytime, anywhere.
UOB Uniplus Savings Account review
The UOB Uniplus Savings account is ideal for everyday transactional banking. Find out if it suits your needs and apply securely.