Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to send money to French Polynesia
Find a quick, affordable service to make a money transfer to French Polynesia.
French Polynesia constitutes a cluster of five archipelagos in the southern Pacific Ocean.
Compare Money Transfer Services
How do I compare transfer companies when transferring and receiving money via French Polynesia?
Here’s how to make sure you get the best value for your Singapore dollars when sending money to French Polynesia.
- Exchange rates. Some services offer quicker delivery for a higher fee, while others offer a slower transfer process but with low or zero fees. The idea is to find a happy medium so that you save on transfer fees while ensuring that the recipient gets the maximum amount in exchange for your dollars.
- Pick-up methods. Depending on where and to whom the funds are going, you can choose between different pick-up methods. Money can be deposited directly into the recipient’s account or the recipient can collect the funds in person at a designated pick-up point.
- Fees. How much you pay in fees depends on the service provider. Some services charge a transfer fee as well as a fee to convert your dollars into the local currency. If you’re paying a lot in fees, at least make sure that the delivery is speedy.
- Same-bank transfers. Transferring between accounts held at the same bank usually don’t incur any fees.
- Turnaround time. Transfer time differs from service to service, but most guarantee delivery within two business days if the transaction is finalised before midday. A slower turnaround may be cheaper, so decide based on your needs and the urgency of the transfer.
- Transfer methods. Most services facilitate transfers online, via telephone or in person at a branch.
- Transfer options. Depending on the service, you can set up regular payments to your recipients or market orders for investments.
- Minimum transfer amounts. Money transfer services usually have a minimum amount you can send.
- Customer service. The money transfer service you choose should have a competent customer service department. If you can’t get information by checking your transfer’s tracking number, an available and reliable customer service staff member should be able to assist you.
How do I send money to French Polynesia from Singapore?
Not all money transfer companies and banks allow transfers to French Polynesia. Your best bet would be an international wire service like MoneyGram. You can research alternatives, but the ideal option is a reliable service that will convert Singapore dollars to the local currency for little or zero fees.
How do I receive money in Singapore sent to me from French Polynesia?
If you need to send money to Singapore from French Polynesia, the best option is an online money transfer service rather than a bank. If they offer services from Singapore, chances are that they can do transfers in the opposite direction too.
Try one of the following online transfer services:
- WorldFirst. This service offers quick, cheap transfers between French Polynesia and Singapore. You can finalise the transaction online or over the phone.
- Western Union. This is probably the most popular and widely available online transfer service. You can receive money directly into your Singapore bank account or collect it in person at a Western Union office.
Emergency cash transfers in French Polynesia
If you suffer a financial emergency while in French Polynesia, the best and quickest way to access funds is via online money transfer or bank-to-bank transfer. Your choice depends on the nature of your emergency and how quickly you need the money.
Keep in mind that exchange rates, turnaround time and fees differ from service to service. One company may charge for the service but deliver quickly, while another may offer a free service for a delayed delivery. Here are a few methods to have money delivered in an emergency:
- Transfer service with pick-up locations. One way to quickly access money is through an online transfer companies like MoneyGram or Western Union. Cash can be made available in a little as 10 minutes.
- Travel insurance. Depending on the type of emergency, you can make a claim on your travel insurance policy. However, there’s no guarantee on how long it will take to process your claim. Be sure to check the policy disclosure statement before filing a claim.
Western Union and MoneyGram cash pick-up locations in French Polynesia
If you’ve decided to go with Western Union, here are a few locations from which you can collect your money.
- Banque de Polynésie
355 Boulevard PomareP.o Box 530 Papeete, Tahiti +689-466699Open 7:45am to 3:30pm, Monday to Thursday, 7:45am to 2:30pm on Friday
- Banque de Polynésie
2 Place De La CathedraleCathedrale 06744 Papeete, 98713 +689-467771Open 7:45am to 3:30pm,Monday to Thursday, 7:45am to 2:30pm on Friday
- Banque de Polynésia
Centre Commercial TamanuTamanu 06748 Punaauia, 98718 +689-502991Open 7:45am to 4:15pm, Monday to Thursday, 7:45am to 3:15pm on Friday
- Punaauia Plaine
Pk 10,900 Cote Mer Punaauia Punaauia, French Polynesia 98718 +689-544021Open 8:30am to 3pm, Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 11am on Friday
Tips for picking up cash in French Polynesia
You should be vigilant wherever you go, even on tropical islands. Although the more populous centres are relatively safe, it still pays to keep an eye out for suspicious behaviour when collecting your money. Go with your travelling partner or ask a local from your hotel to accompany you. Check the opening hours before you go so that you’re not left waiting outside.Back to top
What are the steps to send money to French Polynesia?
You can send money fromSingapore to French Polynesia via online money transfer or bank-to-bank transfer. Each method comes with its own fees and conversion charges, so your choice will depend on how urgently your recipient needs the money.
If you’re a first-time sender, you’ll have to set up an account before the transfer can take place. Information required includes:
- Your name and address
- Contact information
- Credit card or bank account number
- Your recipient’s contact and bank information
Once you’ve requested the transfer, the company usually gives you a tracking number. The customer service department should be able to assist if you have questions or if there’s a problem with the transaction.
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Didi Chuxing IPO from Singapore
Everything we know about the Didi Chuxing IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
UOB JCB Card Review
Earn accelerated rebates and get a one-year fee waiver with the UOB JCB Card.
How to buy Robinhood stock from Singapore
Robinhood is expected to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from Singapore.
How long does it take to get a personal loan?
Find out what affects the turnaround time of a personal loan and get tips on how to speed up the process.
Best credit card travel promotions in Singapore
Signing up for a credit card with travel promotions can help you save money on your next trip away.
Best credit cards for Grab rides
Learn how to save by using your credit card as you spend on Grab rides.
How to buy Roblox (RBLX) shares from Singapore
Everything we know about the Roblox IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to sign up to Disney+: A step by step guide
Looking to watch The Mandalorian, Artemis Fowl and more for free on Disney+? Here’s everything you need to know.
How to buy Coinbase (COIN) shares from Singapore
Steps to owning and managing Coinbase shares.