Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Send money to the Democratic Republic of Congo
Compare your money transfer options before sending funds to Congo DRC.
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is more than big enough to host a wide range of money transfer options, which means you can shop around to find the best deal when sending money to the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Compare options for money transfers to Congo DRC
The table below lets you compare options. Simply enter the amount and the currency you want to transfer, and it will run the numbers and show you how much different options may cost.
What's in this guide?
- Compare options for money transfers to Congo DRC
- How to send money to Congo DRC
- What's the best way to send money to Congo DRC?
- What's the fastest way to send money to Congo DRC?
- Documentation you'll need to send money to Congo DRC
- What to compare to get the best deal
- Cash pick-up locations in Democratic Republic of the Congo
How to send money to Congo DRC
- Choose a money transfer service. You can compare options here to make the decision easier.
- Sign up for an account if needed. With an account you can make a deposit and create a transfer.
- Make your transfer. Cash transfer services can help you in person, while online money transfers can send money after you create an account.
What’s the best way to send money to Congo DRC?
There are several ways of sending money to the Congo. The right one for you will depend on whether you want a faster transfer, a cheaper transfer, whether the recipient has a bank account and other factors.
Banks in the Congo DRC are connected to the global SWIFT network, and you can send money transfers to the Congo through several different banks. This is reliable, but can also be slow and expensive.
You can send cash transfer services to the Congo through money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. This is often the fastest option, but comes at extra cost.
Online money transfer services
If you’re looking for the most cost-effective choice, online money transfer services will typically be the best choice.
Let’s crunch the numbers: Sending $1,000 to Congo DRC
The table below shows how much it costs to send money to the Congo with two different transfer services, when you’re sending $1,000. You can see how much the costs can vary between them and how much of a difference it can make.
|Transfer service 1||Transfer service 2|
|Exchange rate||1 SGD = 0.6998 USD||1 SGD = 0.7198 USD|
|Transfer speed||Within minutes||Within minutes|
|Overall||US$17.84 less||US$17.84 more|
Simply by comparing two different money transfer services, your recipient can end up with an extra US$17.84 on a transfer of SGD 1,000.
What’s the fastest way to send money to Congo DRC?
The fastest options are usually cash transfers or mobile money transfers, and most money transfers services for Congo DRC offer one or both of these options.
This means you can count on fast transfers with most providers.
Emergency cash transfer
Services such as MoneyGram can offer cash pick-ups for people in the Congo DRC, through branches such as MoneyTrans.
Many services will also offer mobile money deliveries in the Congo DRC, through services such as Airtel Mobile Money. These are even faster, because the recipient doesn’t have to go to a branch to get the money.
How to send money to Congo DRC without a bank account
Both cash deliveries and mobile money services can let you send money to people in Congo DRC who don’t have a bank account.
If you need to send money to the Congo DRC without a bank account of your own, you can go to money transfer branches and pay for your transfer with cash.
Documentation you’ll need to send money to Congo DRC
You’ll typically need to provide some details on the transfer, including the reason for the transfer and the recipient’s name. Of course, you’ll also need to say how much you want to send and which currencies you want.
You’ll also need to provide documents to prove your own details, including:
- Your name, with proof of identity such as a passport or driver’s licence
- Your contact details
What to compare to get the best deal
Factors to consider when comparing money transfer services include:
- Fees. How much does the service cost in outright fees?
- Exchange rates. What are the exchange rates being quoted? This can make even more of a difference than the fees.
- Transfer speed. Will it arrive almost instantly, or will it take a day or two?
- Payment options. Do you need to pay with cash or can you make a bank transfer?
- Delivery methods. Does the recipient have a mobile money wallet? Can they get to a cash pick-up location?
- Customer service. Who do you contact if something goes wrong?
Cash pick-up locations in Democratic Republic of the Congo
More guides on Finder
Libertex offers zero spreads on 250+ tradable assets, including shares, cryptocurrencies and ETFs. Learn more in our review.
Binance Futures guide: How to trade BTC, ETH and more
Learn how to trade futures contracts on Binance with this visual step-by-step guide.
What is Yearn Finance?
Learn how to use DeFi aggregator Yearn Finance to earn interest on your cryptocurrency.
Neat Business review
Learn how Neat works in Singapore and what your business stand to gain with their e-payments platform.
Wedding Loans in Singapore
Discover the different loan options available to help you meet the cost of your big day.
UOB Delight Credit Card Review
Get bonus rebates on groceries, contactless transactions and household bills with the UOB Delight Credit Card.
UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card Review
Earn rewards on your daily spending and save on shopping, dining, petrol and more with the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card.
UOB Professionals Platinum Card Review
Earn generous rewards when you spend with the UOB Professionals Platinum card including perks on dining, shopping and fuel.
UOB JCB Card Review
Earn accelerated rebates and get a one-year fee waiver with the UOB JCB Card.