Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Send money to Botswana
Compare fees and exchange rates to get the best deal on your next money transfer to Botswana.
Botswana has come a long way since its independence in 1966, with Real GDP growth between 4% to 8% that has been consistently above worldwide averages despite a history of low Real GDP per capita.
Compare Money Transfer Services
How can you send money to Botswana from Singapore?
- Money transfer services. You can use the following services when sending money to Botswana: Compass Global Markets, MoneyGram, TorFX, Western Union and WorldFirst.
- Banks. Citibank stretches into the Botswana regions with its banking solutions and Commonwealth Bank will allow you to send an international money transfer to Botswana. Western Union and Moneygram can send money to a bank account as well once you have set up a bank account in Botswana.
What options do you have to receive money from Botswana in Singapore?
- Money transfer services. Visit a local Moneygram or Western Union agent in Botswana to send money for cash pickup in Singapore.
- Banks. Receive money in your Commonwealth Bank or Citibank account by using a local agent or online money transfer services that will send money from Botswana to Singapore.
How will you receive an emergency cash transfers in Botswana?
You will need to visit an agent location of either Moneygram, Western Union or Xpress Money. All three of these companies will allow your family to send you cash.
This, along with the short amount of time it takes to transfer, means the cash pickups are an attractive option for you to receive money in cases where there is an emergency.Back to top
Cash pickup locations in Botswana that you can visit to receive money when using Moneygram and Western Union
- Amex Botswana Airport Junction
Plot 50351 Airport Junction Mall, Unit 12Gaborone, Gaborone+267-3133637Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, Saturday, 9am to 1:30pm, Sundays are closed
- Botswana Poste
River Walk Mall, Zeerust RoadGaborone,+267-3700052Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, Saturday, 9am to 1:15pm, Sundays are closed
- City Business Services
Unit 31 Nzwazi Complex, Francistown,+267-2440023Monday to Friday, 8am to 5:30pm, Saturday, 8am to 1pm, Sunday, 10am to 11am
- Maven Enterprises Limited – The Villager
4921 Unit 3, Maratadiba Road Plot, Gaberone3170855Monday to Sunday, 9am to 6pm
- CSS Bureau De Change – Game City
Shop 11U Game shopping centre, Gaborone3165340Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm, Saturday, 9am to 4pm, Sunday 12am to 12am
- UAE Exchange – Francistown branch
42 Galo Centre unit, Francistown2495009Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm, Saturday, 9am to 3pm, Sunday 12am to 12am
- UAE Exchange Botswana – River Walk Shopping Centre Br
Unit 111, River Walk Shopping Centre, Gaborone+267-3185630-31Monday to Sunday, 9am to 5pm
- UAE Exchange Botswana – Francistown Br
Unit Number 42, Galo Centre, Francistown+267-2435009Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 5:30pm, Saturday, 9:30am to 2:30pm,
Tips for picking up cash in the hubs of activity in Botswana
Sending money to Botswana is fairly simple as much of the economic buzz is situated around Gaborone and some of it around Francistown.
Botswana has a reputation for being one of the most peaceful countries in Africa, but it is still advised to double-check the area in which you will be picking up money.
The country might be fairly peaceful compared to the wildlife in the Kalahari districts in Botswana, but it is never smart to wave around your fresh wads of cash you just picked up. Take along a tracking number and photo ID when you pick up cash and don’t forget the copy or original transaction receipt for added safety.Back to top
What are the steps you and your family will follow to send and receive money between Botswana and Singapore?
Sending money for a cash pickup:
- Have the correct details of the recipient in the form of a photo or government ID
- Address of the agent location where the cash will be picket up
- Capture the transaction details and send it along with the receipt and tracking or reference number.
Sending money to a bank account:
- It is important to specify the bank (if it is supported) along with the SWIFT BIC
- Full details of the recipient
- Bank account number and branch number
- Currency and amounts for the transfer
More guides on Finder
iRemit international money transfers review
Make simple and small transfers to the Philippines through the IREMITX app.
KGI Securities Review
Learn more about KGI Securities’ online and mobile trading platform, KTrader and whether it suits your investment style.
Maybank exchange rates
See how much an international money transfer costs with Maybank versus other options.
Review: TransferMate international money transfers
Learn about how TransferMate’s personal product works and what it can do for you.
Aspire Corporate Card Review
Learn more about the features offered by Aspire Corporate Card, a free virtual debit card linked to your Aspire business account.
CGS-CIMB iTrade Review
Find out if CGS-CIMB is suited to your investment style in our review.
POEMS: Phillip Securities Review
Gain access to over 40,000 financial products across 26 global markets with POEMS’ suite of sophisticated stock trading features.
DBS Bank Accounts
DBS bank accounts come with diverse features and costs. Compare and choose your account based on your banking needs.
UOB PRVI Miles World Mastercard Review
If you’re a frequent traveller looking to accrue miles quickly, the UOB PRVI Miles World Mastercard might be ideal for you. Learn more from our guide.
UOB PRVI Miles Visa Card Review
If you’re a jet setter looking to earn miles quickly, the UOB PRVI Miles Visa Card might be ideal for you. Read the full review of the card here.