Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Send money to Azerbaijan
Send money to Azerbaijan using an international money transfer service and you could beat the bank’s rates.
Azerbaijan has been one of the fastest growing economies in the last decade.
Compare Money Transfer Services
How to compare transfer companies when transferring money between Azerbaijan and Singapore?
- Exchange Rates. Exchange rates can vary between two different services. Keep in mind that a service that uses the bank for its exchange rates will get better rates but usually at the cost of more time.
- Pickup Methods. You can choose between bank account transfers and cash pickups.
- Fees. Lower fees in conjunction with, or separate from, a better exchange rate usually result in longer transfer times. This means that high fees are present when the turnaround time is short.
- Bank to Bank Benefits. Citibank has existing branches in Azerbaijan but does not disclose details on benefits when sending money. Visit a Citibank branch to find out whether there are specific benefits attached to sending money to a Citibank account in Azerbaijan.
- Turnaround Time. Expect turnaround times ranging from minutes to 5 days. If you need emergency cash in minutes, cash pickups will be the way to go.
- Transfer Methods. Compass Global Markets, WorldFirst Foreign Exchange, Citibank and Western Union range between sending money through the following applications: phone, online, agent, branch and bank to bank.
- Transfer Options. Some options included are regular payments, once-off payments, market orders, and forward contracts.
- Customer Service. Most of the customer service options available to you will be phone and email. Companies like WorldFirst Foreign Exchange offer live chat and Citibank as well in certain cases.
How do I send money to Azerbaijan from Singapore?
- Money transfer services – Compass Global Markets, WorldFirst Foreign Exchange, and Western Union can send international money transfers from anywhere between 10 minutes to 5 days. Cash pickups are limited to Western Union but Compass Global Markets and WorldFirst Foreign Exchange offer features like regular payments, spot contracts, hedging options and booking rates in advance.
- Banks – Citibank mentions on its corporate website that it has branches in Azerbaijan but doesn’t disclose information on sending an international money transfer.
How do I receive money from Azerbaijan in Singapore?
- Money transfer services – you can use a service like Western Union that has agent locations in Azerbaijan where money can be sent to Singapore for a cash pick up.
- Banks – if you have international bank accounts with Citibank, it is possible to transfer money from one account to another. You will first need to make sure this is possible between Azerbaijan and Singapore Citibank bank accounts.
Emergency cash transfers in Azerbaijan when you need it most
Western Union will allow you to receive emergency cash when you’re visiting an agent location. You will be able to pick up cash within minutes of someone sending it to an agent location near you.
Someone will send you money and you will need to take your photo ID with you along with the tracking or reference number. Even though cash pickups through a service like Western Union are much more expensive than usual money transfers, it adds peace of mind when you are in a country totally alien to you.
Cash pickup locations in well known Azerbaijan cities when using Western Union
Nizami Ul 100v, Baku, AZ1095+994-20-2130723Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 6:30pm, Saturday and Sunday closed
- AFB Bank Division N 2
International Airport, Baku,+994-12-4048128Monday to Sunday, 9am to 6pm
Nidzh 1 Ul, Gabala, AZ3623+994-2420-76530Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, Saturday and Sunday closed
Useful tips for picking up cash in Azerbaijan
When expecting money at an agent location, make sure the agent location has the necessary funds and currencies available. You don’t want to find yourself in a pickle when you’re awaiting emergency cash and the agent doesn’t have the grub.
Remember your photo ID to prove you are the recipient along with the tracking or reference number, it will save you big time if there’s a dispute on whose money is whose. As with many countries where you will stick out as a foreigner, double check your locations before going to pick up cash.Back to top
What are the steps to send money to Azerbaijan from Singapore?
What will you need to send money using Western Union?
- Send money through an agent using a recipient’s details and agent location close by.
- Send money online by creating an account and following the online steps.
- Pay using a Visa or Mastercard credit and debit card issued by a Singaporean bank.
What will you need to do a cash pickup when in Azerbaijan?
- Photo ID
- Tracking/Reference Number
What will you need to send money with WorldFirst Foreign Exchange?
- You will first need to set up an account for the current and all future transactions. Your account setup will require basic details, ID, and payment details.
- The next step is to book a rate at which you want to transfer and to transfer your money at that rate.
- WorldFirst Foreign Exchange will then send the money to the recipient after you have supplied all the necessary details.
More guides on Finder
Alternatives to N26: A list of similar banks and apps
We’ve compared the top challenger banks to help you figure out what’s the best alternative since N26 is not available in Singapore.
iRemit international money transfers review
Make simple and small transfers to the Philippines through the IREMITX app.
Revolut alternatives including banks, apps and competitors
There are a number of cards and banking apps similar to Revolut that you can use in Singapore, so we’ve put together a list and compared their features for you.
Best credit card travel promotions in Singapore
Signing up for a credit card with travel promotions can help you save money on your next trip away.
Mobile banking in Singapore
Enjoy the convenience of managing your finances on-the-go with mobile banking apps. Learn more about their features and benefits.
Guide to PayNow
Send and receive payments quickly and securely with PayNow.
Apps and bank accounts to split bills with friends
Compare a range of banks and apps that let you split bills, request money and send payments to friends.
Best debit cards in Singapore for 2021
The right debit card is one that is best suited for your needs and lifestyle. We have highlighted some of the most outstanding debit cards in Singapore and the perks they offer.
International bank accounts
International bank accounts combine a range of benefits into one package, so read on to see if opening an international account is right for you.