Instarem Amaze review
Enjoy 1% cashback, zero FX fees and a lighter wallet with Instarem's all-in-one smart card.
Launched by Instarem, the Amaze card is a one-stop payments solution that offers the convenience of spending and managing your expenses all in one place.
Cardholders can also enjoy a host of other benefits, including 1% cashback and competitive FX rates. Find out more in our review.
How does the Instarem Amaze Card work?
The Amaze card is both a virtual and physical consumer debit card that enables you to pair up to five of your existing Mastercard credit or debit cards.
This way, you’ll be able to maximise the credit limit of your linked cards and enjoy a higher transaction capacity without the need to top up an e-wallet regularly.
In addition, you’ll also earn 1% cashback on all eligible purchases, on top of your regular card rewards.
What is Instarem?
Instarem is a leading digital cross border payments platform operating in over 100 markets, with licenses in multiple countries, including Australia, Singapore, Japan, Indonesia, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
It is also the consumer arm of Nium, a Singapore-based fintech firm.
- Worldwide acceptance. The Amaze card can be used to transact in any currency, wherever Mastercard is accepted.
- 1% cashback. Earn 1% cashback on every transaction of S$5 and above, in addition to the existing rewards offered by your linked bank cards. However, do note that rewards are subject to the issuing bank’s terms and conditions, so be sure to check prior to purchase.
- Link multiple bank cards. Connect up to 5 locally issued Mastercard debit/credit cards on the Instarem Amaze app.
- Real-time expense tracker. View all your expenses on different cards on a single app. The platform also offers comprehensive expense breakdowns by automatically categorising the transactions, such as “travel” and “food and beverages”.
- Contactless payments. Enjoy faster checkouts at all Mastercard contactless-enabled payment terminals, including public buses and trains.
- Competitive FX rates. Save on all your global purchases with Instarem’s competitive foreign exchange rates.
- Overseas money transfer. Send funds to over 50 countries quickly and securely at great rates. You can also use the Instarem app for international payments via PayNow or bank transfer.
- Mastercard World benefits. Benefit from a host of exclusive perks, experiences and money-saving features, including zero liability protection, hotel stays, global emergency services and more.
Fees and limits
- Maximum spend. Amaze allows you to charge up to S$25,000 (or foreign currency equivalent) per transaction, or up to the maximum limit on your linked card.
Pros and cons
- Zero fees. The Amaze card is completely free-to-use and does not come with any hidden fees.
- No top-ups required. Unlike most e-wallets available in the market, Amaze does not come with the hassle of constantly topping up your balance to ensure that you’ve sufficient funds in a separate account before spending. Simply select your preferred linked card for your payments anytime.
- Fast and easy onboarding. Registering for an Instarem account and ordering your Amaze card can be done within minutes.
- Minimum spend for cashback eligibility. You’ll only be eligible for cashback upon cumulative transactions of at least S$500 per quarter.
- Cap on cashback. The maximum cashback you can earn with the Amaze card is S$100 per quarter.
- No multicurrency wallet. The Instarem app does not allow you to hold multiple currencies.
- Does not support cash withdrawals. You’ll not be able to withdraw cash from ATMs in Singapore and abroad with the Amaze card.
With online payments providers such as Revolut, YouTrip and Wise gaining popularity among digital natives in Singapore, it is no surprise that Instarem has introduced a first-of-its-kind consumer card to stand out from the competition.
Unlike the existing prepaid cards and apps available in the market, the Amaze card is not a standalone digital wallet and has no need for topups. Instead, it comes with the capability to link up to 5 existing bank cards, which eliminates the hassle of carrying multiple cards while allowing you to enjoy all their benefits.
So if you’re looking for a simplified payment experience with one card to manage it all, the Amaze card is definitely worth considering. Before applying, make sure to compare it with other similar offerings in the market to find one that best suits your needs.
How to sign up for the Instarem Amaze Card
To get started, simply download the Instarem app on the App Store or Google Play Store. Be sure to have your MyInfo login or KYC documents on hand before registering.
- eKYC. Speed up your KYC process and prefill the application via MyInfo with SingPass.
- Manual KYC. For non-residents or customers who did not register using MyInfo, you’ll need to submit the following:
- Proof of identity. Valid passport or government-issued ID
- Proof of address. Latest bank statements, telco/utility bills or letters from government bodies.
Step-by-step application process
- Register for an Instarem account. Download the Instarem app and register for an account (existing Instarem users may skip this step).
- Order the Amaze card. Provide your details and delivery address for your physical Amaze card. It’ll be sent to you within 7 to 14 business days.
- Link your bank card(s). Link up to 5 bank cards to your Amaze app and you may start using the virtual Amaze card instantly
- Activate your Amaze card. Upon receiving your physical Amaze card, activate it from the app and set your card PIN
Compare a range of digital banks in Singapore
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.