Receive up to S$1,000 p.a. in cash rebates from your dining, grocery and petrol spending with the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card.
Designed with the everyday spender in mind, the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card is a cashback card that gives you rewards every time you use it to pay for daily household expenses.
Earn up to 5% in cash rebates from your local dining, grocery and petrol expenses, up to a maximum of S$250 per quarter. With every S$1 spent, you will also earn 1 HSBC Reward Point, which may be used to redeem attractive merchandise, vouchers and other rewards.
Use this guide to compare the features and benefits of the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card so you can decide if it’s the right card for you.
Benefits of using an HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
The HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card offers cardholders a number of benefits:
- Cash rebates. This card provides up to 5% cash rebate on all local dining, grocery and petrol expenses, helping you save on your daily expenses. However, you’ll need to charge a minimum amount of S$600 in eligible purchases per month and consecutively in a calendar quarter to receive S$250 cash rebate per quarter.
- Welcome offer. New cardholders will be awarded with a Samsonite T5 68cm Spinner Luggage with built-in scale or S$150 cashback with minimum spend of S$800 in qualifying transactions from card approval to the end of the following month. T&Cs apply. Ends 30 September 2019.
- First two years annual fee waiver. Enjoy annual fee waivers for the first 2 years, and subsequently from the third year if you spend a minimum of S$12,500 in the previous year. Otherwise, the card charges a standard annual fee of S$192.60.
- Transfer non-HSBC credit card debt. If you need to consolidate your debts from other non-HSBC store cards, charge cards or credit cards, you may do a balance transfer to your HSBC credit card up to 95% of the available credit limit. In addition, you can save on the processing fee if you’re approved for amounts of S$10,000 and above.
- Petrol discounts. While all eligible expenses will earn you reward points for merchandise or voucher redemptions listed on the HSBC Rewards Catalogue, the HSBC Visa Platinum card also provides up to 16% discount at Caltex stations (ends 31 Dec 2019) and 14% discount at Shell stations (ends 8 Sep 2019).
Features of the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
Here are the features you should consider when looking at the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card.
- Interest-free days. Receive up to days interest-free when you make a purchase on the card and you pay your balance in full each month.
- Complimentary insurance coverage. You’ll qualify for complimentary travel and golfers’ insurance when you charge eligible expenses on the card.
- Additional cardholders. You can add up to five additional cardholders to your account without any extra charge. As the primary cardholder, you’ll be liable for all purchases made on the supplementary card(s). Reward points will also be awarded for every eligible transaction charged to the card(s). The minimum age requirement for a supplementary cardholder is 18.
- Eligible for Apple Pay. You may link your HSBC credit cards to any compatible Apple device, such as an iPhone, Apple Watch or iPad, for contactless payments online, in stores and in apps.
- Mobile payment technology. Enjoy the convenience of contactless payments at the checkout whenever your purchases are under S$100.
How to apply for the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
If you’ve compared your options and decided that the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card is right for you, click ‘Go to site’ at the top of this page to begin your online application. Before you apply, make sure you comply with the eligibility requirements and have the necessary information and documents.
- Earn at least S$30,000 p.a if you’re a Singaporean or permanent resident, or S$40,000 if you’re self-employed or a foreigner
- Have a minimum fixed deposit of S$10,000 at HSBC as collateral (if you do not meet the above income requirements)
- Have a good credit rating
- Be at least 21 years or older
- Completed and signed Letter of Instruction
- Photocopy of your NRIC or passport
- Photocopy of your employment pass (for foreigners only)
- For salaried employees: eCPF statement contribution, computerised payslips for the last three months, OR the latest Notice of Assessment with last month’s computerised payslip
- For self-employed or commission-based earners: Notice of Assessment for the last two years
- Identification documents for supplementary applicant(s), if any
- A billing proof (e.g. latest mobile bill, utility bill or bank statement) displaying your full name and mailing address
The HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card offers a competitive cashback program and discounts to suit the everyday user or families. However, as this isn’t the only cashback rewards credit card on the market, make sure to compare the benefits and costs of this card with others before deciding if it’s right for you.