HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card: Review, rates and fees
Enjoy exclusive privileges and personalised services with HSBC Visa Infinite.
The HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card allows you to enjoy access to complimentary prestige services including worldwide travel insurance, unlimited VIP airport lounge access, personal concierge service, limousine transfers and more. You can also earn up to 2.25 air miles per S$1 spent and can redeem your miles at over 40 airlines.
If you’re a frequent flyer looking to take advantage of premium features, you can compare the fees, features and benefits of this card below.
Benefits of using an HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card
Here are some of the prestige benefits you can look forward to:
- High miles earn rate. This card allows you to earn miles faster with its step-up earn rate, which is 1.25 Air Miles for every S$1 spent locally and 2.25 Air Miles for every S$1 spent overseas. However, to be eligible for the step-up earn rate, you’ll need to have a yearly spend above S$50,000 in the previous year. Otherwise, the regular earn rate will entitle you to 1 Air Mile per S$1 spent locally, or 2 Air Miles per S$1 spent overseas.
- Personal concierge service. HSBC has its own concierge service to take care of all your travel arrangements, from hotel bookings to dinner reservations.
- Unlimited Priority Pass lounge access. Both you and your supplementary cardholders can enjoy free, unlimited access to over 1,200 VIP airport lounges globally. No reservations needed.
- Other travel-centric perks. Travel in style with exclusive benefits such as complimentary limousine transfers, expedited immigration clearance, room upgrades, preferential rates and VIP guest status at award-winning hotels and resorts.
- Dining and lifestyle benefits. Enjoy complimentary ESPA access at Resorts World Sentosa, golfing privileges and 10X HSBC rewards at participating merchants. Cardholders are also entitled to dining discounts at Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel and over 50 leading European restaurants.
- Sign up bonus miles. Receive 35,000 Air Miles (87,500 HSBC Rewards Points) when applying for this card and paying the non-waivable annual fee of S$650. The Air Miles are redeemable at over 40 airlines and worth a Business Class return ticket to Bali on Singapore Airlines. Note that the welcome offers are subject to change from time to time at the bank’s discretion.
Features of the HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card
The HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card provides the following features:
- Annual fee. This prestige card comes with a S$650 annual fee. HSBC Premier customers can enjoy a lower annual fee of S$488. Note that there are no annual fee waivers available for this card.
- Interest-free days. Benefit from up to 20 days interest-free on purchases when you’ve paid your statement in full and on time each month.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Enjoy peace of mind with worldwide travel coverage insuring over 20 benefits of up to US$2,000,000 when you charge the all travel expense to the card.
- Additional cardholders. You can apply up to five supplementary cards for your loved ones, as long as they’re over the age of 18. You’ll also earn reward points for any eligible purchases made on the supplementary card(s). However, note that complimentary travel services are only available for primary cardholders.
- Contactless payments. The card is equipped with a contactless payment technology which lets you make fast and secure purchases in stores, in apps and on the web with the use of your compatible devices.
How to apply for the HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card
You can apply for the HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card conveniently online, or request for a call-back. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all your relevant documents and details on hand to speed up the process.
- Earn at least S$120,000 p.a.
- Have a minimum Fixed Deposit of S$30,000 at HSBC as collateral (if you do not meet the above income requirements).
- Have a good credit rating.
- Be at least 21 or older.
- Photocopy of your NRIC or passport.
- Photocopy of your employment pass (for foreigners only).
- For salaried employees: eCPF statement contribution, computerised payslips for the last three months; OR the latest Notice of Assessment with last month’s computerised payslip.
- For self-employed or commission-based earners: Notice of Assessment for the last two years.
- Identification documents for supplementary applicant(s), if any.
- A billing proof (eg latest mobile bill, utility bill or bank statement) displaying your full name and mailing address.
The HSBC Visa Infinite Credit Card is a premium product that offers a range of prestige benefits including a personal concierge service and other travel-centric extras to suit frequent flyers. However, as this isn’t the only card of its kind on the market, make sure to compare the benefits and costs of this card with others before deciding if it’s right for you.