HSBC Revolution Credit Card Review
Earn up to 10X reward points when you charge online, dining and entertainment expenses to the HSBC Revolution Credit Card.
Effective Interest Rate
Min Income - Singaporean and PR
|Product Name||HSBC Revolution Credit Card|
|Reward||Earn up to 10X Reward points or 4 miles per $1 spent on qualifying purchases.|
|Effective Interest Rate||26.9%|
|Interest Free Period||up to 20 days|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of outstanding balance or $50, whichever is higher|
Benefits of using an HSBC Revolution Credit Card
The HSBC Revolution offers both cost-saving features and a rewards program. Some of the main benefits of this card are:
- High reward points. Earn up to 10X rewards points (equivalent to 4 miles per dollar spent) when you charge online, dining and entertainment expenses to your card. There is no minimum spend required to be eligible for the reward points. However, note that the 10X rewards points are capped at 10,000 HSBC Rewards points monthly. For any other type of expenses charged to the card, you will earn approximately 1X reward points per $1 spent.
- Balance transfer limits. HSBC allows balance transfers from a number of other non-HSBC store cards, charge cards or credit cards, up to 95% of the available credit limit. For approved amounts of $10,000 and above, you can also enjoy a processing fee waiver.
- No annual fee. Benefit from no annual fee.
- Petrol discounts. Besides earning reward points for redemptions listed on the HSBC Rewards Catalogue, the HSBC Revolution card also helps you save by offering you 1 Shell GO+ point for every $5 charged to your HSBC credit cards and get 20% more Shell GO+ points when you pump Shell V-power. T&Cs apply. Ends 31 Dec 2023.
Features of the HSBC Revolution Credit Card
Here are the other key features to consider when you’re comparing the HSBC Revolution Credit Card with other options.
- Interest-free days. Take advantage of up to 20 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- Complimentary insurance coverage. When you book eligible travel expenses on your card, you can take advantage of Complimentary personal accident insurance (for death or permanent disability) cover of up to $300,000.
- Additional cardholders. Add up to five additional cardholders to your account free of charge and earn reward points for every eligible transaction charged to the card(s). Supplementary cardholders must be at least 18 years of age.
- Eligible for Apple Pay. You can make contactless payments online, in stores and in apps from any compatible Apple device, such as an iPhone, Apple Watch or iPad.
- Access to Visa payWave. Most merchants in Singapore now accept contactless payments, so you can enjoy the convenience of tap-and-go payments for purchases under $200.
How to apply for the HSBC Revolution Credit Card
To start your online application, click ‘Go to site’ at the top of this page. All HSBC credit card applicants are subject to basic credit screening, and in order to be approved you must also meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Earn at least $30,000 p.a. if you’re a Singaporean or permanent resident, or $40,000 if you’re self-employed or a foreigner
- Have a minimum Fixed Deposit Collateral of $10,000 (if you do not meet the above income requirements)
- Have a good credit rating
- Be at least 21 years or older
Here is the information you’ll need to have on hand to complete your application:
- Completed and signed Letter of Instruction
- Photocopy of your NRIC or passport
- Photocopy of your Employment pass (for foreigners only)
- For salaried employees: eCPF statement contribution, computerised payslips for the last three months, OR the latest Notice of Assessment with last month’s computerised payslip
- For self-employed or commission-based earners: Notice of Assessment for the last two years
- Identification documents for supplementary applicant(s), if any
- A billing proof (e.g. latest mobile bill, utility bill or bank statement) displaying your full name and mailing address
If you’re looking forward to earning and redeeming high reward points and taking advantage of its no annual fee offer, signing up for the HSBC Revolution Credit Card could be an option to consider. Just make sure you compare it to a range of other no annual fee and reward cards so that you can find the right option for you.