Cardholders with HSBC have access to a host of promos and exclusive deals including welcome offers, cashback, dining, and shopping specials.
This guide will provide a comparison of HSBC credit cards and break down the key deals and promotions available, and how to make the most of them.
HSBC Revolution Credit Card
Receive up to S$200 cashback.
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply.
HSBC Revolution Credit Card
- Principal Annual Fee: S$0 annual fee for entire membership - S$0 thereafter.
- Cashback Rate: 0%
- Annual Interest Rate: 25.9%
- Minimum Income (Singaporean & PR): S$30,000
- Minimum Income (Non-Singaporean): S$40,000
HSBC offers a wide range of credit card promotions both across its credit card range and for specific cards only.
New card signups
New cardholders who sign up for the HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card, HSBC Revolution Credit Cardn or HSBC Advance Credit Card credit cards at the time of writing can redeem a free Samsonite Prestige 69cm Spinner Exp with built-in scale (worth SS670) or S$150 cashback with minimum spend of S$800 within the qualifying spend period.
Additionally, you’ll get an additional S$30 worth of grab rides when you apply online with MyInfo via SingPass. T&Cs apply. Hurry, this offer ends on 31 Aug 2020.
External partner discounts
HSBC also partners with many external merchants and restaurants in Singapore, across dining, travel, entertainment, lifestyle, shopping, beauty and wellness. You can get discounts on eligible minimum spends, 1-for-1 dining deals and petrol rebates at partners including Agoda, Deliveroo, Expedia, Lazada, Shopee and Zalora.
home&Away privilege program
HSBC’s home&Away privilege program is available to all HSBC members, providing discounts and deals worldwide. You can search offers by your travel destination or home country. There are a large array of deals available across shopping, dining, travel, health and beauty, and experiences.
The ENTERTAINER with HSBC
HSBC has partnered with everyday lifestyle savings app The ENTERTAINER to offer hundreds of 1-for-1 dining, lifestyle and entertainment deals at more than 500 merchants across Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Bali, UAE and London. The ENTERTAINER with HSBC app is free for all HSBC card members.
You need to consider the following factors before deciding which HSBC credit card promotion is best for you.
- Current eligibilities. Most HSBC credit card promotions are open to all HSBC cardholders. However, if you are after a particular promotion, you should read the specific redemption terms and conditions carefully prior to making any order.
- Welcome offers. For those that find a particular welcome offer appealing, be sure that you fully understand the rates, fees and benefits available to you with that card before signing up.
- Lifestyle and spending habits. While there are hundreds of HSBC partner merchants and restaurants that you can redeem discounts at, HSBC may not always offer the biggest discounts or best terms on a particular deal. If obtaining the largest savings on every deal is something that you prioritise, you should consider whether these external partners are currently offering better deals elsewhere. You also need to consider your personal preferences. If you would rather dine at your favourite restaurant than receive a free meal at a place you wouldn’t enjoy, that credit card promotion is probably not for you.
- Terms and conditions. When you’ve found a promotion that you like, you need to consider how long the offer is valid for. The promotional period will be listed on the specific credit card promotion landing page. It’s also important to check out its specific terms and conditions. For example, many dining promotions are not valid on public holidays and other prime event dates.
Pros and cons of HSBC credit cards
- Wide range of card types. HSBC offers the full range of credit cards available in Singapore, including cashback, air miles and rewards cards.
- Rewards program. All HSBC primary cardholders with a valid Visa or Mastercard credit card issued by HSBC Bank (Singapore) will gain access to the Rewards program. This is an additional program on top of specific card benefits that you may receive that lets you earn one Rewards point for every S$1 charged to your card. Once your Rewards points accumulate, you can use it to redeem shopping, dining and entertainment discounts, gifts and cash rebates.
- Exclusive member benefits. With HSBC, you can access exclusive benefits across travel and dining, including its home&Away Program and over 1,000 1-for-1 deals on the curated ENTERTAINER with HSBC Singapore app.
- Free supplementary cards. You can apply for a free, no annual fee supplementary card to an unlimited number across all HSBC cards.
- Limited redemption period. Most HSBC credit card promotions are only offered for a limited time period and could also have a set cap on the total number of redemptions a promotion has available during the period. Be sure to check the relevant promotion expiry date before proceeding with any booking or purchasing the product or service.
- Minimum spend requirements. Many discounts require a minimum spend to qualify for the offer, such as 10% off your total bill when you spend S$40 or more at a dining merchant. Some minimum spend offers are only open to new users of the partner merchant or service.
- Blackout dates. Particularly for accommodation and flight deals, there will be fixed booking and stay periods during which the promotion is valid. Promotions often can’t be redeemed during blackout dates, which typically are the most popular travel periods and peak days such as on public holidays and weekends.
Before signing up for any credit card, we recommend that you consider the specific rates, fees and benefits first beyond the introductory period and read all terms and conditions carefully. If you’re ready to find the best HSBC deals, start comparing credit card promotions for HSBC now.Back to top
What if my credit card application is approved after the promotion ends?
If your credit card application is approved after the promotion ends, you will not be eligible for the current credit card promotion.
Can I redeem multiple HSBC credit card promotions at the same time?
Yes, it is possible to redeem more than one HSBC promotion from different partner merchants or restaurants. However, these offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions, vouchers or discounts provided by the external partner.
How do I redeem my HSBC credit card promotion?
To redeem an offer, you should follow the instructions listed on the individual promotion’s landing page and read the specific terms and conditions carefully. You should also refer to any card-specific terms before proceeding.
Usually, you will need to either apply the relevant promo code upon checkout or quote your HSBC discount privilege when booking with the external partner. Some offers are only available via The ENTERTAINER with HSBC app. Generally, any offer will only be applicable when you pay using your HSBC credit card.