The HSBC Advance Credit Card provides a range of benefits designed to help you save on costs. Its main feature is the cashback program, which requires no minimum spend to be eligible, and allows you to earn up to 2.5% (for non-HSBC Advance banking customers) or 3.5% (for HSBC Advance banking customers) on all eligible purchases.
In addition, you can apply up to five free-for-life supplementary cards for your loved ones and earn rewards on transactions charged to those cards.
Some of the benefits you can enjoy with an HSBC Advance Credit Card include:
- Cashback. Earn up to 3.5% cashback on all purchases with this tiered cash rebate programme. There is no minimum spend required to be eligible for the cashback. Cardholders can earn either 1.5% cash rebate for monthly spendings below S$2,000 or 2.5% cash rebate for monthly spendings above S$2,000. HSBC Advance banking customers can reap an additional 1% flat rate cash rebate. Take note that the cashback is capped at S$70 for non-HSBC Advance customers, and No cashback cap. for HSBC Advance customers, per calendar month.
- Welcome offer. New cardholders will be awarded with up to S$200 cashback. S$50 cashback for one qualifying transaction and S$120 cashback upon S$500 minimum spend. Receive an additional S$30 cashback when you apply online with MyInfo via SingPass. Existing HSBC credit cardholders are eligible to receive S$60 cashback. T&Cs apply. Ends 31 Oct 2021.
- Petrol discounts. Besides earning cashback on purchases HSBC Advance card also helps you save by offering you up to 21.15% discount at Caltex stations (ends 31 Dec 2021) and 14% discount at Shell stations (ends 31 Dec 2021).
- Annual fee waiver. The card attracts a S$192.60 annual fee after the first year. The fee is waived if you charge at least S$12,500 for eligible purchases on the card within a year. In addition, for HSBC Advance customers, the annual fee is perpetually waived.
- Earn reward points on eligible purchases. Earn reward point per dollar charged to your HSBC credit card for eligible purchases made locally and overseas. Points can be redeemed for merchandise, vouchers, travel and accommodation and other rewards listed in the HSBC Rewards Catalogue. Alternatively, you can convert your reward points to Asia Miles or KrisFlyer miles.
- Balance transfer promotional rate. New cardholders get to enjoy low interest rate of 2.50% p.a. for six months and 4.88% p.a. for 12 months. Eligible balance transfer applications should be received within the first three months of card membership. Terms and conditions apply.
If you are approved for an HSBC Advance Credit Card, you get to enjoy the following features:
- Interest-free days. You can benefit from up to 20 days interest-free on purchases. This is only available if you’ve paid all your statement in full and on time.
- Complimentary insurance coverage. When you book eligible travel expenses on your card, you can take advantage of Complimentary personal accident insurance (for death or permanent disability) cover of up to S$500,000.
- Additional cardholders. You can add up to five additional cardholders to your account at no extra cost. As the primary cardholder, you’ll be liable for any transactions made on the supplementary card(s) and also earn cashback from all eligible purchases. Note that supplementary cardholders must be at least 18 years of age.
- Eligible for Apple Pay. If you own a compatible Apple device, such as an iPhone, Apple Watch or iPad, you can take advantage of this contactless payment technology to make fast and secure purchases online, in stores and in apps.
- Access to Visa payWave. The card is equipped with Visa payWave technology, allowing you to enjoy quick and hassle-free transactions through a contactless terminal to pay for purchases under S$200.
- Balance transfer limits. You can do a balance transfer up to 95% of the available approved credit limit to consolidate your existing debts. For example, if you’re approved for an HSBC Platinum credit card with a S$10,000 limit, you can transfer up to S$9,500 from a number of other non-HSBC store cards, charge cards or credit cards. In addition, the processing fee is waived for approved amounts of S$10,000 and above.
If you’ve compared your options and decided that the HSBC Advance Credit Card is right for you, you can begin your application by clicking Go to site on this page. The application should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete and you should receive a response within minutes of submitting the application. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents at hand.
In order to be eligible to apply for an Advance credit card, you need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Be earning at least S$30,000 p.a. if you’re a Singaporean or permanent resident, or S$40,000 if you’re self-employed or a non-resident.
- If you do not meet the above income requirements, you must have a minimum fixed deposit collateral of S$10,000.
- Have a good credit rating.
- Be at least 21 years or older.
Make sure you have the following documents to hand in order to complete your application:
- Completed and signed Letter of Instruction
- Photocopy of your NRIC or passport
- Photocopy of your Employment Pass (for foreigners only)
- For salaried employees: eCPF statement contribution, computerised payslips for the last three months; OR the latest Notice of Assessment with last month’s computerised payslip.
- For self-employed or commission-based earners: Notice of Assessment for the last two years.
- Identification documents for any supplementary applicant(s).
- Proof of billing address, such as latest mobile bill, utility bill or bank statement, displaying your full name and mailing address. This is only required if you’re a foreigner; or if you have a different billing address (for Singaporeans/PR).
- You must have a salary crediting or re-occurring deposit of at least S$3,500 per month.
- You must have applied for or already hold a HSBC credit card.
The HSBC Advance Credit Card has some competitive features, including an attractive cashback program and annual fee waiver. However, to reap the most benefits from this card, you will need to apply and qualify for an HSBC’s Advance banking relationship. Weigh up the benefits and costs of the HSBC Advance credit card when you’re comparing your options to make sure it is the card that best suits your needs.