Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Band Protocol (BAND) in Singapore
Learn how to buy Band Protocol (BAND) easily by following a step-by-step guide and compare 10+ crypto exchanges.
How to buy Band Protocol
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Band Protocol.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports BAND.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Band Protocol.
- Buy Band Protocol.
Complete your Band Protocol purchase and then find the best wallet to store BAND.
What is Band Protocol?
The Band Protocol can be thought of as a digital oracle – a program that connects blockchain systems with real-world data. Using the platform, decentralised smart contracts can procure real-time off-chain information in a highly seamless manner. Alternatively, one can think of Band as being a software ecosystem that incentivises users whenever they supply data to dapps (that may be operating across a host of different blockchains). Though originally operating exclusively within the Ethereum network, Band has now transitioned to its very own blockchain, allowing it to transmit data between various blockchains. In this regard, the ecosystem’s native BAND token is used for payments, rewards and various other governance-related tasks. Not only that, but the currency can be staked by users in return for a variety of incentives.
Band Protocol (BAND) is the 259th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $329,273,087. The current price of Band Protocol is $7.98, which is 0.172% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $8.06 and $7.41 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of December 02, 2021 12:12 UTC.
Where to buy Band Protocol
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade BAND by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Is it a good time to buy Band Protocol?
The technical analysis gauge for Band Protocol displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation to buy, sell or trade. It represents a technical analysis of Band Protocol based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
This chart is not advice or a guarantee of success. Rather, it gauges the real-time recommendations of three popular technical indicators based on the performance of Band Protocol: moving averages, oscillators and pivots. Finder is not responsible for how BAND performs.
Band Protocol at a glance
|Total BAND supply||100,000,000|
|Notable team members||Soravis Srinawakoon, Sorawit Suriyakarn, Paul Nattapatsiri|
|Partnerships||Brave New Coin, Komodo, Polygon, Fantom, CoinGecko, ICON Network, Frontier|
|Token uses||Platform fees, governance, staking|
Band Protocol price performance over time
How to sell Band Protocol
You can cash out your BAND with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have BAND on.
If you store your Band Protocol in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of BAND you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Band Protocol.
What to consider when buying Band ProtocolBelow are the aspects you should consider before investing in BAND:
- Chain-agnostic: Band Protocol has been designed to be compatible with a wide array of blockchain networks, potentially spurring its value even further, especially as more and more dapps continue to be built outside of the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Mainstream use cases: At present, Band is used most widely within the crypto-finance sphere, with the platform currently working with a wide range of prominent data providers including Binance and CoinGecko. Furthermore, the protocol’s use cases are not limited to the finance sector. In the future, Band can potentially be employed in relation to a whole host of other domains including live scoring, weather tracking, esports data streaming and much more.
- Prominent partnerships and financial backing: The Band Protocol team has entered into a number of noteworthy partnerships over the last couple of years. For example, the platform has become a part of the OpenAPI Initiative in conjunction with mainstream tech giants such as Google and Microsoft. Also, back in 2019, Band was able to raise $3 million from a number of prominent venture capital firms, including Sequoia Capital. The same year, the company was able to raise an additional $5.85 million as part of its initial exchange offering (IEO).
- Limitations: Even though Band markets itself as being blockchain agnostic, its native blockchain ecosystem has been built atop Cosmos, a platform that has been dubbed as the “Internet of blockchains” since it allows for a high degree of cross-chain compatibility. Thus, it stands to reason that Band’s future success may largely be tied to Cosmos’s future adoption since the Ethereum oracle market is currently dominated by another project called Chainlink.
Band Protocol (BAND) in news
Adidas is Betting Big on the Metaverse; Here’s How
Defiance Co-Founder: NFTs Will Be ‘Bigger Than the Internet’
The Metaverse Is Cool Now, So Adidas Bought a Bored Ape NFT
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Band Protocol, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of BAND is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Band Protocol or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Best Shiba Inu (SHIB) wallets
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC20 token that can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. Pick a SHIB wallet for long-term storage, short-term trading, or both.
Dogecoin vs Shiba Inu
We dive into the two most prominent meme coins to understand their similarities and differences, and to compare them on supply and other features.
Bitcoin ETFs guide
Bitcoin ETFs sound simple, but come in many different forms. We unpack how they work, what makes them different and compare exchanges that let you trade them.
Solana (SOL) price prediction 2021
Your guide to what to expect for the price of Solana (SOL) in the weeks and months ahead.
How to buy Illuvium (ILV) in Singapore
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Illuvium (ILV) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to stake and earn AAVE
Find out how to leverage AAVE token holdings to earn interest. Stake in the Aave safety module or provide liquidity to a DeFi protocol.
How to stake NEO
NEO staking involves locking up NEO tokens to earn rewards.
How to stake and earn Tezos (XTZ)
Find out how to leverage XTZ token holdings to earn interest. Stake in the Tezos blockchain or provide liquidity to a DeFi protocol.
How to stake Avalanche
Learn how to stake AVAX tokens and earn rewards by supporting the Avalanche blockchain.
SuperRare Review and Guide
True to its name, SuperRare is an NFT marketplace that focuses on crypto art tokenised on the Ethereum blockchain. The result is part marketplace and part social network for the artistic side of the NFT community.