Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Guide to GrabPay
Go cashless and make payments conveniently with GrabPay.
GrabPay is a virtual payment solution offered by Grab, a Singapore-based ride-hailing giant and tech company. With GrabPay, users can store funds and make payments conveniently.
Find out how GrabPay works and whether this payment platform is ideal for you.
What is GrabPay?
GrabPay is a cashless payment app that comprises of the following payment methods:
- GrabPay balance. The GrabPay wallet holds this in-app balance that you can use to pay for a broad range of Grab services.
- Credit and debit card. Link your card to top up your GrabPay balance or make payments directly.
- Other payment methods. If you prefer, you can also link other payment methods such as PayPal to your GrabPay app.
How does GrabPay work?
GrabPay is integrated within the Grab app, which offers a wide array of services such as ride-booking, food delivery and even subscriptions. This feature comes with a variety of payment options and a mobile wallet that holds your Grab balance.
Simply reload funds into your GrabPay wallet or link up your credit/debit card to the app and start making hassle-free transactions.
Features of GrabPay
- Auto reload. You have the option to perform a one-time activation for Auto Top-Up, which will reload your GrabPay balance automatically.
- AutoInvest. This new investment feature is linked to and allows you to invest from your GrabPay Wallet starting with as little as $1 from eligible transactions.
- Overseas transfer. You can use your GrabPay wallet to remit funds to another country – which is currently only to the Philippines. Do note that you’ll not be able to transfer to an international bank account.
- Physical card. The GrabPay card is a prepaid Mastercard that enables you to spend with your GrabPay wallet balance at home, abroad and online. Apply for a GrabPay Card in-app and get instant approval.
- Budget control. You can set a budget or a limit the amount you can spend with your GrabPay card.
- Dynamic QR code. Complete Pay to Merchant (P2M) transactions with the GrabPay QR code.
How to set up GrabPay
Setting up GrabPay is easy and convenient. Simply download the Grab app, verify your account, set up your GrabPIN, add a credit/debit card and and you’re done! If you don’t have a card, you may also reload your wallet through PayNow.
Benefits of using GrabPay
- Convenience. By going cashless with GrabPay, there’s no need to wait for change when you take a Grab ride. Also, the auto-reload feature ensures that you’ll always have funds in your GrabPay wallet.
- Earn rewards. You’ll earn more GrabReward points through GrabPay transactions compared to cash. The points may be used to redeem attractive rewards including Grab vouchers.
- Enhanced card security. The GrabPay physical card does not come with any printed numbers, which reduces the risk of it getting compromised if it’s misplaced or lost.
- Card benefits. The GrabPay card comes with complimentary protection for online purchases and mobile phone, as well as free lounge access if you experience a flight delay.
- Real-time notifications. Keep track of your spending with instant payment notifications and monitoring features.
What should I look out for?
- Some benefits only limited to GrabPay card. Benefits such as complimentary coverage for your mobile phone, e-commerce purchase protection and lounge access for delayed flights are only available if you use the GrabPay card.
- Rewards not as competitive as credit cards. It’s more likely to earn better rewards by spending on a credit card than with GrabPay card.
Is GrabPay secure?
GrabPay is a registered Stored Value Facility (SVF) licensed and regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). To keep your payments safe, GrapPay is equipped with several layers of security, including:
- GrabPIN. Keep your account secure by setting up a 6-digit GrabPay PIN.
- Biometric authentication. Besides the GrabPIN, you can also log into your account conveniently with face or fingerprint ID.
- 3DS protocols. Transactions are processed by 3DS, a secure communication protocol with seamless payment flow to keep your card details safe.
- Anti-fraud technology. GrabPay is in partnerships with trusted payment platforms – Adyen and Stripe.
How to apply for GrabPay
You’ll need to be at least 16 years old for your GrabPay wallet to be activated. Also, you’ll need to be a resident in Singapore (i.e. Singaporean, permanent resident or a foreigner with a valid visa).
Compare digital banks in Singapore
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Blue Nile discount codes and coupons May 2021: Get 50% off
For eye-catching jewellery that is created to last the test of time, shop at Blue Nile. Unique, stunning and expertly crafted.
Harrods promo discount codes May 2021
Indulge your desire for designer decadence and see how much you could save with one of these active Harrods discount codes.
Dell discount codes and coupons May 2021 | Get 5% off your next purchase
If you’re looking to buy any type of tablet or computer, you’re in for a treat! Everything imaginable is at Dell online.
Love, Bonito discount codes and coupons May 2021 | $5 off
Love, Bonito has high quality clothing, intimates and loungewear for women and kids. Update your look with this season’s styles.
Benefit from zero trade commission on selected accounts, low spreads and a host of advanced trading tools with Exness online brokerage.
Binance vs Coinbase: Which is best for you?
Binance and Coinbase are two titans of cryptocurrency – let’s see how the two stack up and find out which suits your needs.
Find the best Singaporean mobile share trading apps (2021)
Compare share trading apps to find out which app has all the tools and resources you need to reach your investment goals.
How to invest in the Didi Chuxing IPO from Singapore
Everything we know about the Didi Chuxing IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Neat Business review
Learn how Neat works in Singapore and what your business stand to gain with their e-payments platform.