Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Guide to GrabPay
Go cashless and make payments conveniently with GrabPay.
GrabPay is a virtual payment solution offered by Grab, a Singapore-based ride-hailing giant and tech company. With GrabPay, users can store funds and make payments conveniently.
Find out how GrabPay works and whether this payment platform is ideal for you.
What is GrabPay?
GrabPay is a cashless payment app that comprises of the following payment methods:
- GrabPay balance. The GrabPay wallet holds this in-app balance that you can use to pay for a broad range of Grab services.
- Credit and debit card. Link your card to top up your GrabPay balance or make payments directly.
- Other payment methods. If you prefer, you can also link other payment methods such as PayPal to your GrabPay app.
How does GrabPay work?
GrabPay is integrated within the Grab app, which offers a wide array of services such as ride-booking, food delivery and even subscriptions. This feature comes with a variety of payment options and a mobile wallet that holds your Grab balance.
Simply reload funds into your GrabPay wallet or link up your credit/debit card to the app and start making hassle-free transactions.
Features of GrabPay
- Auto reload. You have the option to perform a one-time activation for Auto Top-Up, which will reload your GrabPay balance automatically.
- AutoInvest. This new investment feature is linked to and allows you to invest from your GrabPay Wallet starting with as little as $1 from eligible transactions.
- Overseas transfer. You can use your GrabPay wallet to remit funds to another country – which is currently only to the Philippines. Do note that you’ll not be able to transfer to an international bank account.
- Physical card. The GrabPay card is a prepaid Mastercard that enables you to spend with your GrabPay wallet balance at home, abroad and online. Apply for a GrabPay Card in-app and get instant approval.
- Budget control. You can set a budget or a limit the amount you can spend with your GrabPay card.
- Dynamic QR code. Complete Pay to Merchant (P2M) transactions with the GrabPay QR code.
How to set up GrabPay
Setting up GrabPay is easy and convenient. Simply download the Grab app, verify your account, set up your GrabPIN, add a credit/debit card and and you’re done! If you don’t have a card, you may also reload your wallet through PayNow.
Benefits of using GrabPay
- Convenience. By going cashless with GrabPay, there’s no need to wait for change when you take a Grab ride. Also, the auto-reload feature ensures that you’ll always have funds in your GrabPay wallet.
- Earn rewards. You’ll earn more GrabReward points through GrabPay transactions compared to cash. The points may be used to redeem attractive rewards including Grab vouchers.
- Enhanced card security. The GrabPay physical card does not come with any printed numbers, which reduces the risk of it getting compromised if it’s misplaced or lost.
- Card benefits. The GrabPay card comes with complimentary protection for online purchases and mobile phone, as well as free lounge access if you experience a flight delay.
- Real-time notifications. Keep track of your spending with instant payment notifications and monitoring features.
What should I look out for?
- Some benefits only limited to GrabPay card. Benefits such as complimentary coverage for your mobile phone, e-commerce purchase protection and lounge access for delayed flights are only available if you use the GrabPay card.
- Rewards not as competitive as credit cards. It’s more likely to earn better rewards by spending on a credit card than with GrabPay card.
Is GrabPay secure?
GrabPay is a registered Stored Value Facility (SVF) licensed and regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). To keep your payments safe, GrapPay is equipped with several layers of security, including:
- GrabPIN. Keep your account secure by setting up a 6-digit GrabPay PIN.
- Biometric authentication. Besides the GrabPIN, you can also log into your account conveniently with face or fingerprint ID.
- 3DS protocols. Transactions are processed by 3DS, a secure communication protocol with seamless payment flow to keep your card details safe.
- Anti-fraud technology. GrabPay is in partnerships with trusted payment platforms – Adyen and Stripe.
How to apply for GrabPay
You’ll need to be at least 16 years old for your GrabPay wallet to be activated. Also, you’ll need to be a resident in Singapore (i.e. Singaporean, permanent resident or a foreigner with a valid visa).
Compare digital banks in Singapore
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
AMIClubwear discount codes and coupons January 2021 | Get 60% off
When it comes to innovative partywear, make AMIClubwear your go to and score a discount with one of these coupon codes.
Best Shopping Credit Cards
Discover the benefits you can get in-store and online with a shopping credit card.
DBS credit card promotions 2021
We have covered the latest DBS credit card promotions, welcome offers and rewards to help you narrow down on your search.
Guide to PayNow
Send and receive payments quickly and securely with PayNow.
UOB One Account Review
Find out what you need to do to unlock the highest interest rate offered by UOB One Account.
Apps and bank accounts to split bills with friends
Compare a range of banks and apps that let you split bills, request money and send payments to friends.
Best debit cards in Singapore for January 2021
The right debit card is one that is best suited for your needs and lifestyle. We have highlighted some of the most outstanding debit cards in Singapore and the perks they offer.
BNKR discount codes and coupons January 2021 | Enjoy 30% off sitewide
Update your wardrobe with cool fashions form BNKR that are sure to turn heads. Use our promo codes and go easy on your wallet.
KGI Securities Review
Learn more about KGI Securities’ online and mobile trading platform, KTrader and whether it suits your investment style.
How does compound interest affect my savings account?
A simple feature like compound interest can make a big difference in how your savings grow.