DBS Visa Debit Card
Enjoy 3% cashback, numerous travel perks and more with DBS.
If you like to be rewarded as you shop in-person, the DBS Visa Debit Card could work for you. It lets you earn up to S$20 per month in cashback when you tap your card at Visa contactless readers while you’re out shopping, among other benefits.
Read on to find out how you could take advantage of the DBS Visa Direct Card, including the eligibility requirements of this card.
Minimum Initial Deposit
James Martin is a senior writer at Finder. He has written on a range of finance and business topics for over five years and his work has been featured in publications including The Irish Times, Companies 100, In Business and Q Magazine (UK). As a trained journalist, James can drill into the finer details of financial products to help you save time and money. In his spare time, James is a committed sports fan, novel reader and Thai food enthusiast.
Key features of the DBS Visa Debit Card
- Cash rebates. All contactless payments made via Visa payWave will receive 3% in cashback as long as you spend at least S$500 per month on Visa and keep cash withdrawals to within S$400. Note that this reward is capped at S$20 per month.
- New cardholder benefits. Sign up by 31 December 2020 and you’ll receive up to 10% cashback on online food delivery and local transport. You’ll receive this cashback when you spend at least S$500 in a month and your cash withdrawals are below S$400 for the same month.
- No foreign exchange fees. Simply link your debit card to your DBS Multi-Currency Account and you can make same-day transfers and payments in 11 foreign currencies with no fees. The eligible currencies are the Australian Dollar, Euro, Hong Kong Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Japanese Yen, New Zealand Dollar, Norwegian Kroner, British Pound, Swedish Kroner, Thai Baht and US Dollar. The standard rate on foreign exchanges is 3.25%. Also, fees will apply if the average daily balance on your account falls below S$3,000.
- SimplyGo. Simply use your DBS Visa Debit Card to pay for your bus and train rides, instead of having to carry a travel card.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Wireless payments are available with this debit card.
What fees and limits apply to the DBS Visa Debit Card?
The fees and limits for the DBS Visa Debit Card include:
- Annual fee. There’s no annual fee to pay with this card.
- Usage limits. Default limits apply to your debit card. The limit for NETS transactions are S$5,000, the limit for ATM withdrawals is S$3,000 and the limit for debit card transactions is S$2,000. You can change these limits via banking.
How to Apply for the DBS Visa Debit Card
To apply for the DBS Visa Debit Card, you’ll need to do so through the DBS website.
If you are an existing DBS customer you can apply through your internet banking; otherwise, new customers can use MyInfo with your SingPass. If you don’t have a SingPass account, you will need to manually complete a form and then provide documentation to support your application. Make sure to have this ready to go before applying and that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Be 16 years or older
- There’s no minimum income requirement
- To be eligible for this card, you’ll need to hold one of the following accounts: POSB Savings Account, DBS Savings Plus Account, DBS Autosave Account or DBS Current Account.
Compare a range of debit cards in Singapore
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.