DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card
You could earn up to S$50 in cashback per month with DBS.
If you love to travel, the DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card has a number of features that make it worth considering. When you make trips to mainland China, you could benefit from up to 5% in cash rebates. This translates to S$50 in savings as you spend on your card.
Read on to find out what you need to know about the DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card.
Minimum Initial Deposit
James Martin is a senior writer at Finder. He has written on a range of finance and business topics for over five years and his work has been featured in publications including The Irish Times, Companies 100, In Business and Q Magazine (UK). As a trained journalist, James can drill into the finer details of financial products to help you save time and money. In his spare time, James is a committed sports fan, novel reader and Thai food enthusiast.
Key features of the DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card
- Cash rebates. Get 5% cashback as you spend in Chinese Yuan (CNY), plus, 1% Cashback on any other foreign currency (it’s 0.5% for transactions made in Singapore). You have to spend a minimum of S$400 per month in order to qualify. Note that this reward is capped at S$50 per month.
- Overseas ATM fee waiver. Avoid those pesky ATM charges with this S$7 fee waiver on your overseas cash withdrawals. Keep in mind that you may be charged by the bank which is providing the ATM when you’re overseas.
- UnionPay Global Privileges. You will be able to benefit from exclusive merchant deals which can get your hotel upgrades and dining offers. Plus, get up to 10% off shopping and dining merchants at over 100 airports worldwide.
- Concierge services. Get tailored support with your medical, travel, shopping and dining needs 24/7. DBS’s concierge hotline can be reached on +65 6336 4506.
- Contactless payments. All Point Of Sale (POS) terminals with the UnionPay logo accept your UnionPay card, meaning you can pay fast and securely for purchases of S$100 and below.
Fees and limits to consider
- There’s no annual fee to pay with this card
- To earn up to 5% cashback, you need to spend a minimum of S$400 per month. Cashback is capped at S$50 per month.
How to apply for the DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card
To apply for the DBS UnionPay Platinum Debit Card, visit DBS’s website.
If you are an existing DBS customer you can typically apply through your internet banking; otherwise, new customers can use MyInfo with their SingPass. If you don’t have a SingPass account, you will need to manually complete a form and then provide documentation to support your application. Make sure to have this ready to go before applying and that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- You must be 16 years or older
- There’s no minimum income requirement
- You’ll also need to hold one of the following accounts: a POSB Savings Account, DBS Savings Plus Account, DBS Autosave Account or DBS Current Account.