DBS Takashimaya Visa Debit Card
Get voucher rebates while you shop at Takashimaya, and more.
The DBS Takashimaya Card is a debit card that’s worth considering if you like to shop at Takashimaya Department Store and Takashimaya Square, B2. You can earn bonus points while you shop and swap these for shopping vouchers. Plus, take advantage of further store discounts at sales events.
Read on to find out more about the DBS Takashimaya Visa Debit, to help you decide if what this card offers is right for you.
Minimum Initial Deposit
James Martin is a senior writer at Finder. He has written on a range of finance and business topics for over five years and his work has been featured in publications including The Irish Times, Companies 100, In Business and Q Magazine (UK). As a trained journalist, James can drill into the finer details of financial products to help you save time and money. In his spare time, James is a committed sports fan, novel reader and Thai food enthusiast.
Features of the DBS Takashimaya Visa Debit card
- Shopping vouchers at Takashimaya. For every S$10 spent on your card, you earn one Takashimaya Bonus Point. This translates to S$30 worth of Takashimaya vouchers for every 100 points you save. Bonus points will be added for all purchases except delivery, shoe repairs or alterations.
- Discount at sale events. Get an extra 10% off when you shop in-store at Takashimaya during special sales events.
- Free delivery. There’s no charge for delivery when spending S$200 on a 10% promotion day or S$100 at all other times.
- Hassle-free contactless payments. Transactions are made easy with Visa payWave. Simply wave to pay.
- DBS Lifestyle App. Get promotions curated for you and further deals each month, including on shopping, dining and travel.
How much does the DBS Takashimaya Debit Card cost?
There are a few costs to consider with this card, including:
- Annual fee. This card comes with an Annual fee of S$5.00 but this is waived for the first three years.
- Foreign currency charges. If you use this debit card to spend in another currency, you will be charged two fees, one by the card provider and an administration fee charged by DBS. These fees will not exceed 3.25% of the transaction value.
- Spending outside of Singapore. If you use your card outside of Singapore or on overseas websites and mobile apps you will be charged an administration fee of 2.8%. This fee applies to spending in Singapore Dollars.
- Overseas ATM withdrawals. If you withdraw cash overseas in a foreign currency you will be charged a fee by the card provider, which DBS will pass on to you, and a fee by DBS. These fees will not exceed 3.25%. You’ll also be charged a $5 fee on overseas Plus/Cirrus ATMs.
How do I apply for the DBS Takashimaya Visa Debit card?
To apply for the DBS Takashimaya Debit Card, you’ll need to do so through the DBS website.
If you are an existing DBS customer you can apply through your internet banking; otherwise, new customers can use MyInfo with your SingPass. If you don’t have a SingPass account, you will need to manually complete a form and then provide documentation to support your application. Make sure to have this ready to go before applying and that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Be 16 years old
- There’s no minimum income requirement
- To apply for this debit card, you’ll need to hold one of the following accounts: DBS Savings Plus, DBS Autosave, DBS Current or POSB Savings Passbook account