The DBS Takashimaya Card is a Visa payWave card that is worth considering if you shop regularly at Takashimaya Department Store and Takashimaya Square, B2. Earn bonus points as you shop to redeem for shopping vouchers and enjoy extra discounts at sales events. You can also qualify for free delivery and earn voucher rebates by shopping elsewhere in Singapore. Plus, get a 5% discount at other Takashimaya stores in Asia. Read on to find out more about what this card has to offer.
- Voucher rebates at Takashimaya. For every S$12 you charge to your card you earn 2 Takashimaya Bonus Points. For every 100 points you save, you’ll receive S$30 worth of Takashimaya vouchers. Bonus points can be earned for all purchases apart from delivery, shoe repairs and alterations from 1 January 2020.
- Extra discounts. Enjoy an extra 10% off during certain sales events in-store at Takashimaya.
- CashCard top-up. Spend S$250 or more in-store and get S$6 CashCard top-up for parking.
- Free delivery. Get complimentary delivery when you spend S$200 on 10% promotion day or S$100 on all other days.
- Up to 5% discount in other countries. Use your Takashimaya card at Takashimaya stores in Japan, China, Thailand and Vietnam and get up to 5% discount.
- Annual fee. The yearly fee for principal cardholders is S$192.60 p.a. and each supplementary card is S$96.30. Annual fee waiver applies for the first year.
- Visa payWave. No signature required. Just wave your card when you make purchases.
- Lifestyle privileges. Take advantage of DBS Lifestyle Privileges for rewards and deals on shopping, dining, travel and entertainment, plus tools to help manage your spending.
To apply for the DBS Takashimaya Credit Card, you can do so through the DBS website.
If you are an existing DBS customer you can apply through your internet banking, otherwise, new customers can use MyInfo with your SingPass. If you do not have a SingPass account, you will need to manually complete a form and then provide documentation to support your application. Make sure to have this ready to go before applying and that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Be 21 years or older
- Have an annual income of at least S$30,000 for Singaporeans and PR, and S$45,000 for foreigners
If you like to shop at Takashimaya, then this card from DBS could be beneficial. Not only can you get vouchers back based on how many points you earn, but you can also get extra discounts on sales day. Department store cards can be worthwhile if you make the most of them, so make sure to carefully think about whether you will get the most benefit out of this card or if another card will be better suited to your shopping habits and lifestyle.
If you would prefer to have an American Express card rather than a Visa, check out the DBS Takashimaya American Express Card below.
Back to top
The DBS Takashimaya American Express Card comes with most of the same benefits as the Visa card, however, you will earn 2 Takashimaya Bonus Points for every S$10 you spend which is slightly better than the 2 Takashimaya Bonus Points earned per S$12 with the Visa.