Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
DBS Takashimaya American Express Card Review
Get discounts in four Asian countries, and much more, with the DBS Takashimaya American Express Card.
If you shop regularly at the Takashimaya Department Store and Takashimaya Square, B2, then you should consider this credit card. Its perks include voucher rebates, exclusive 10% shopping discounts, cheaper parking, free deliveries and more. And through the American Express network you can unlock a range of other rewards.
Read on and find out more about the DBS Takashimaya American Express Card, to help you decide if this card is right for you.
The DBS Takashimaya American Express Card is a rewards credit card that gives you lots of benefits for shopping at Takashimaya Department Store and Takashimaya Square, B2. You can enjoy S$30 of Takashimaya Gift Vouchers for every 100 Takashimaya Bonus Points credited to your account. Also, you can take advantage of an extra 10% off during specified in-store sales events.
The DBS Takashimaya American Express Card fares well in comparison to other credit cards. It offers a 6% voucher rebate on purchases at Takashimaya; 1% more than the DBS Takashimaya Visa Card. What’s more, the Amex card gives you two DBS points for every S$10 spent; this is two dollars less than the S$12 offered by its Visa equivalent.
Benefits of using DBS Takashimaya American Express Card
- Takashimaya Vouchers. Enjoy 6% rebates and earn two Takashimaya Bonus Points each time you spend S$10 on shopping at Takashimaya Department Store. Some restrictions apply. Also, redeem S$30 worth of Takashimaya Gift Vouchers with 100 Takashimaya Bonus Points.
- Parking top-ups. If you spend at least S$250 in-store, you get a S$6 top-up to your CashCard for parking.
- 5% discount across Asia. Get this discount when you shop at Takashimaya stores in China, Japan, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Complimentary delivery. There’s no charge for delivery when spending S$200 on a 10% promotion day; or S$100 at all other times.
Features of DBS Takashimaya American Express Card
- Annual fee waiver. There’s no annual fee to pay in your first year. A yearly fee of S$192.60 applies thereafter. Also, each additional card will pay a fee of S$96.30 per year.
- DBS Lifestyle App. In-app features make dining, shopping and travel that bit easier. Download coupons or redeem rewards quickly.
- American Express Selects. Get rewarded with further deals on shopping, dining and travel.
How do I apply for the DBS Takashimaya American Express Card?
To apply for the DBS Takashimaya American Express Card, you can do so via the DBS website. If you are an existing DBS customer you can apply through your internet banking, otherwise, new customers can use MyInfo with your SingPass. If you don’t have a SingPass account, you will need to manually complete a form and then provide documentation to support your application which is outlined below. Make sure to have this ready to go before applying and that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Be 21 years or older
- Have an income of at least S$30,000 for Singaporeans and PR, and S$45,000 for foreigners
More guides on Finder
UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card Review
Earn rewards on your daily spending and save on shopping, dining, petrol and more with the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card.
UOB Professionals Platinum Card Review
Earn generous rewards when you spend with the UOB Professionals Platinum card including perks on dining, shopping and fuel.
UOB JCB Card Review
Earn accelerated rebates and get a one-year fee waiver with the UOB JCB Card.
UOB UnionPay Platinum Card
Earn 2% cash rebates with no minimum spend, enjoy fuel savings and more with UOB.
Best credit card travel promotions in Singapore
Signing up for a credit card with travel promotions can help you save money on your next trip away.
Best credit cards for golf
Find out how you can save on green fees, and enjoy a range of other cardholder perks with a credit card that offers golf rewards.
Best credit cards for Grab rides
Learn how to save by using your credit card as you spend on Grab rides.
Best credit cards for online shopping
Whether you’re looking to save on interest costs, earn reward points or need peace of mind that purchases are secure, we’re here to help you compare the best credit cards for online shopping.
Best credit cards for big purchases
When it comes to big-ticket items, here’s how a credit card could work for you.
The best credit card for insurance payments
Learn how to choose the best credit cards for paying insurance premiums and apply securely.