SAFRA DBS Debit Card
Get 2% cashback and a host of member’s benefits by choosing SAFRA.
If you’re a SAFRA member, then you may want to consider the SAFRA DBS Debit Card. It offers a range of perks, both through SAFRA’s membership network and via the card itself. These include the ability to earn cashback on contactless payments and rebates for online shopping.
Read on to find out what you need to know about the SAFRA DBS Debit Card, including its key eligibility requirements.
Minimum Initial Deposit
James Martin is a senior writer at Finder. He has written on a range of finance and business topics for over five years and his work has been featured in publications including The Irish Times, Companies 100, In Business and Q Magazine (UK). As a trained journalist, James can drill into the finer details of financial products to help you save time and money. In his spare time, James is a committed sports fan, novel reader and Thai food enthusiast.
Key Features of the SAFRA DBS Debit Card
- Cash rebates. Get 2% cashback on local Mastercard contactless transactions and 1% cash rebates on your online shopping. Plus, you get 0.3% cash rebate on all other retail transactions.
- Easy contactless payments. Simply tap to pay with Mastercard contactless. You can pay for purchases of S$100 and below.
- Combined benefits. By coupling privileges for both DBS and SAFRA, you’ll have a wide range of discounts and perks at over 1,800 merchant outlets. These include dining, shopping and entertainment offers.
- SimplyGo. It’s easy to use your DBS Direct Debit Card to pay for your bus and train rides, rather than having to carry a travel card.
- SAFRA membership privileges. You’ll have access to six SAFRA Clubhouses which offer swimming pools, gyms and entertainment facilities.
How much does the SAFRA DBS Debit Card cost?
- Annual fee. There’s no annual fee to pay as long as you remain a SAFRA member.
- SAFRA membership fee. While the card has no annual fee, you will need to pay to be a member of SAFRA. These fees range between $40-$405.
How to apply for the SAFRA DBS Debit Card
To apply for the SAFRA DBS Debit Card, you’ll need to do so through the DBS website.
If you are an existing DBS customer you can typically apply through your internet banking; otherwise, new customers can use MyInfo with their SingPass. If you don’t have a SingPass account, you will need to manually complete a form and then provide documentation to support your application. Make sure to have this ready to go before applying and that you meet the eligibility criteria. Within two weeks of your application, DBS should notify you (either by mail or phone) on your application.
- You must be 16 years old or above
- You have to be a current SAFRA member
- You need to have one of the following accounts: POSB Savings Account, DBS Savings Plus Account, DBS Autosave Account or DBS Current Account.
You must maintain your SAFRA membership to continue enjoying the benefits of this debit card.