DBS Personal Loan Review
Repay your loan over a period of up to five years, and make the most of a quick approvals process with DBS.
- Choose a loan term between 1 - 5 years; get a personalised rate of interest
- Near-instant loan approval is only possible if you already bank with DBS
With a DBS Personal Loan, you could benefit from a personalised interest rate and loan funds you can use for any worthwhile purpose. Plus, if you’re an existing customer who banks with DBS you could get fast approval.
Read on to find out what you need to know about the DBS Personal Loan.
3.88% EIR: 7.56%
Interest Rate From
Up to 10x your monthly salary
Maximum Loan Amount
1 - 5 years
Main points to consider with the DBS Personal Loan
If you meet the bank’s criteria, you can apply for a maximum loan size of up to four times your monthly salary, or up to ten times your salary if you earn S$S120,000 p.a. or more. With DBS, you can apply for a fixed loan amount which you’ll have to repay for a pre-agreed amount each month (regardless of whether interest rates change or not).
If you’ve been approved for a personal loan, you’ll receive an SMS confirmation and you’ll be credited with the approved loan amount soon after.
Features of the DBS Personal Loan
- Competitive rates of interest. Loans typically start from 3.88% p.a. (or 7.56% EIR). DBS fixes your interest rate based on factors individual to you, including your credit score.
- Near-instant loan approval. If you already bank with DBS, you may be able to get a personal loan approved in a matter of minutes.
- Flexible terms. You can borrow for a variety of purposes at DBS. Loans of Up to 10x your monthly salary are available, depending on your annual income. If you earn less than S$120,000 per year, you can get up to four times your monthly salary. Choose a loan term between 1 - 5 years when you apply for a DBS Personal Loan.
How much will the loan cost me?
It’s important to understand all the fees and charges that come with a loan before you apply. For example a processing fee of S$100 applies with this personal loan. Keep in mind that other fees and charges may apply. It’s really important you check and understand your loan contract for a full list of these.
This loan’s typical interest rate starts from 3.88% p.a. (EIR 7.56%). However, you may get a higher rate as DBS takes into account your credit history before offering you personalised loan terms.
How to apply for the DBS Personal Loan
If you do choose to apply for the DBS Personal Loan, you can do so via DBS’s website. Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements before you apply for a loan. As part of the application process for existing customers, you can log in to your digibank account with your User ID & PIN. Alternatively, you can authenticate via SingPass.
Typically you’ll need to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a Singaporean or a Permanent Resident (PR)
- Aged between 21 and 65 years of age.
- Earn an annual income of at least S$20,000.
- Applicants need an active account with DBS. If you don’t already have an account with POSB you need to open a deposit account before you apply for your loan.
New DBS customers usually need to provider the following documents:
- Proof of ID. You’ll need to show both the front and the back of your NRIC card.
- Latest one year income tax notice of assessment.
- Proof of income. You must show proof of your income, for example a computerised payslip. Self-employed workers and commission-based employees must provide further evidence, such as a tax notice of assessment.