Important: DBS is no longer accepting applications for this debit card. You can find more debit cards here.
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
DBS NUSSU Debit Card
Get a range of student-friendly offers and up to S$20 in cash rebates a month with DBS.
If you’re a student at the National University of Singapore (NUS), the DBS NUSSU Debit Card could be a great choice to help you manage your finances while you study. You can earn up to 3% in cashback on contactless spending on your card. Plus, take advantage of a range of exclusive discounts and DBS Rewards.
Read on to find out the key features of the DBS NUSSU Debit Card, to help you decide if this card is going to be right for you.
The DBS NUSSU Debit Card is a rewards debit card that offers a highly competitive rate of 3% on cashback. If you’re sure you will spend more than S$400 per month, this could translate into savings of up to S$20 per month. Keep in mind that some debits cards on the market offer rebates for online transactions, but this feature isn’t currently available with the NUSSU card.
In addition to rewards, the DBS NUSSU Debit Card offers multiple DBS Rewards in a range of categories including dining. Otherwise you’ll be able to do everything you’d expect from a debit card. You can send money to friends, make direct debit payments, put your salary into your account, and more.
Key features of the DBS NUSSU Debit Card
- 3% cashback. Earn cash rebates on contactless payments that you make locally with your Mastercard via mobile payment apps. To qualify, you must spend a minimum of S$400 per month and keep cash withdrawals to within S$400 across all of your DBS cards. Any cashback you earn is subject to a cap of S$20 per month.
- Privileges. Enjoy dining and shopping privileges at DBS/POSB participating merchants.
- Design features. This card comes with a look that’s slick and is branded to your university.
- Annual fee. There’s a fee of S$10 per year with this card. However, this fee is waived for four years.
- Wireless payments. Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay are all available with this card.
How to apply for the DBS NUSSU Debit Card
There are two ways to apply for the DBS NUSSU Debit Card.
- Download an application form via the DBS website. Complete and sign the form and send it back to DBS. You’ll need to include a copy of your Matriculation Card. You should receive your new DBS card within five working days of DBS receiving your application.
- You can apply in-person at the DBS Remix Branch at Yusof Ishak House, NUS.
Make sure to have all the necessary documentation with you before applying, and that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- You must be an NUS student, and
- Have a DBS Savings Plus, DBS AutoSave, DBS Current or POSB Passbook Savings Account.
Compare a range of debit cards in Singapore
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
More guides on Finder
Canvas prepaid debit card review
With the Canvas prepaid card and app, both your kids and domestic workers can benefit from more independence over pocket money and household expenses.
Best student debit cards
Enjoy convenient payments and a wide range of benefits with debit cards options that match the fast-paced lifestyles of students and young adults.
Banks with Samsung Pay in Singapore
Check if your bank offers Samsung Pay and learn how to set up and use the digital wallet for contactless payments.
UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card Review
Earn rewards on your daily spending and save on shopping, dining, petrol and more with the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card.
UOB JCB Card Review
Earn accelerated rebates and get a one-year fee waiver with the UOB JCB Card.
UOB UnionPay Platinum Card
Earn 2% cash rebates with no minimum spend, enjoy fuel savings and more with UOB.
DBS Personal Loan Review
Repay your personal loan over a period of up to five years with DBS.
Education Loans in Singapore (2021)
Find out the options you have to help meet the cost of your higher education.
Best credit card travel promotions in Singapore
Signing up for a credit card with travel promotions can help you save money on your next trip away.