Important: DBS is no longer accepting applications for this debit card. You can find more debit cards here.
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
DBS NUSSU Debit Card
Get a range of student-friendly offers and up to S$20 in cash rebates a month with DBS.
Updated . What changed?
If you’re a student at the National University of Singapore (NUS), the DBS NUSSU Debit Card could be a great choice to help you manage your finances while you study. You can earn up to 3% in cashback on contactless spending on your card. Plus, take advantage of a range of exclusive discounts and DBS Rewards.
Read on to find out the key features of the DBS NUSSU Debit Card, to help you decide if this card is going to be right for you.
The DBS NUSSU Debit Card is a rewards debit card that offers a highly competitive rate of 3% on cashback. If you’re sure you will spend more than S$400 per month, this could translate into savings of up to S$20 per month. Keep in mind that some debits cards on the market offer rebates for online transactions, but this feature isn’t currently available with the NUSSU card.
In addition to rewards, the DBS NUSSU Debit Card offers multiple DBS Rewards in a range of categories including dining. Otherwise you’ll be able to do everything you’d expect from a debit card. You can send money to friends, make direct debit payments, put your salary into your account, and more.
Key features of the DBS NUSSU Debit Card
- 3% cashback. Earn cash rebates on contactless payments that you make locally with your Mastercard via mobile payment apps. To qualify, you must spend a minimum of S$400 per month and keep cash withdrawals to within S$400 across all of your DBS cards. Any cashback you earn is subject to a cap of S$20 per month.
- Privileges. Enjoy dining and shopping privileges at DBS/POSB participating merchants.
- Design features. This card comes with a look that’s slick and is branded to your university.
- Annual fee. There’s a fee of S$10 per year with this card. However, this fee is waived for four years.
- Wireless payments. Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay are all available with this card.
How to apply for the DBS NUSSU Debit Card
There are two ways to apply for the DBS NUSSU Debit Card.
- Download an application form via the DBS website. Complete and sign the form and send it back to DBS. You’ll need to include a copy of your Matriculation Card. You should receive your new DBS card within five working days of DBS receiving your application.
- You can apply in-person at the DBS Remix Branch at Yusof Ishak House, NUS.
Make sure to have all the necessary documentation with you before applying, and that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- You must be an NUS student, and
- Have a DBS Savings Plus, DBS AutoSave, DBS Current or POSB Passbook Savings Account.
Compare a range of debit cards in Singapore
More guides on Finder
Best Shopping Credit Cards
Discover the benefits you can get in-store and online with a shopping credit card.
DBS credit card promotions 2021
We have covered the latest DBS credit card promotions, welcome offers and rewards to help you narrow down on your search.
UOB One Account Review
Find out what you need to do to unlock the highest interest rate offered by UOB One Account.
Best debit cards in Singapore for January 2021
The right debit card is one that is best suited for your needs and lifestyle. We have highlighted some of the most outstanding debit cards in Singapore and the perks they offer.
Rewards current accounts
Benefit from cashback, points and more when you manage your finances with a rewards current account.
Guide to opening a bank account in Singapore for international students
If you’re an international student in Singapore, having a local bank account can help you manage your finances with ease.
Debit cards vs ATM cards
ATM and debit cards are often the first plastic card you’d gain access to. But what’s the difference between these two cards?
Online shopping debit cards
Learn more about the rewards and perks that come with online shopping debit cards in this guide.
Debit cards with instalment payment plans
Learn more about splitting large upfront costs and if your debit card is eligible for instalment plans.
Cashback debit cards
Earn rebates and get more value out of your purchases with a cashback debit card.